Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello Everypony! The week of Friendship starts now!

Twilight Sparkle

Hello Everypony, it is so good to see you all again! It has been a year since our last Friendship Day and I thought it would be a good idea to come back from it and reflect about it! I'm curious, do you have any personal "friendship lesson"  that you have been carrying  with you ever since? And how does it made you who you are today? It can be anyone like family, friends, or SO. Sometime keeping friends or close relationship is tough, but I know there's always a solution to maintain it. So if you ever encounter a "friendship problem" how would you fix it?  I remember my very first mistake with my first group of friends, that includes a pony name, Moondancer. I can't believe I messed that one up, but luckily we were able to made up and be friends again...although speaking of Moondancer- I saw her with Spike recently..wonder what's that about? :o

Lastly, a more fun question since I heard about these new fellow ponies made they first appearance and today  Sept 1st, it's the 1st anniversary for them. I believe their names are, Sunny, Hitch, Izzy, Pipp, and Zipp.  Out of these five ponies who would be your bff and why? 

I'm so looking forward to this week! I hope you all enjoy this Friendship week!

You will earn a participation points- I mean, badges for this!

774294832_1263632__safe_screencap_twilightsparkle_alicorn_pony_ppov_animated_excited_female_gif_grin_happy_loop_smiling_solo_twilightsparkle28alicorn29.gif.06c04ee9a4f5bb4602f537057d5d2cea.gif

Spoiler

C92AC68B-B8D2-4A2B-9E17-406218A842CE.jpeg.1b2444db92682b52830afa51fbc89325.jpeg

That’s all folks- turned them all in! If still missing some come check back again around the threads or members/staffers.

• Brohoof 9

• This topic was pinned and featured

Izzy and Sunny for sure, but I love Pipp to.. Izzy is the funnest of the Mane 5 and she sets such a new standard for unicorns, I honestly think Bridlewood seems like a better element for unicorns than Canterlot in some ways... And Sunny bc she is extremely free spirited to in her own way, it's like New Generation you realize just how many rules they have to break to restore harmony.. she is inspiring and really positive and doesn't let others crap on her dreams 

• Brohoof 6

Since we have a weeklong event (First time we've had an event in what feels like forever), does that mean I'm going to be doing something for it? The answer is yes though it took me seeing this thread to finally figure out what kind of time frame there is here.

• Brohoof 5

5 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

do you have any personal "friendship lesson"  that you have been carrying  with you ever since?

I have one. If you can't find find friends in person that like My Little Pony, find them online. I'm looking at you, @abrony-mouse & @Silk Glamour. I've had so much fun talking about ponies with you two. (Or other random stuff. You know what I mean, Silk.)

5 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Out of these five ponies who would be your bff and why? 

Well it would probably be Hitch or Zipp. I feel like we share quite a bit on common. They just feel like characters that I would get along with.

• Brohoof 6

9 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

I'm curious, do you have any personal "friendship lesson"  that you have been carrying  with you ever since?

A simple serious one first. It's to be kind and to reach out when ponies go quiet. Thankies @Silk Glamour@Skylight Scintillate and @WinterS:kindness:

And then a silly one: debate pits are fun :pinkie: *wait is that not a friendship lesson?* maybe something about having fun together?

9 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Out of these five ponies who would be your bff and why? 

Izzy reminds me of my PBFF Pinkie :)

• Brohoof 7

Oooooh these are such fun questions!! Thanks for the tag :fluttershy:

So! 

Hello Everypony, it is so good to see you all again! It has been a year since our last Friendship Day and I thought it would be a good idea to come back from it and reflect about it! I'm curious, do you have any personal "friendship lesson"  that you have been carrying  with you ever since? And how does it made you who you are today? It can be anyone like family, friends, or SO. Sometime keeping friends or close relationship is tough, but I know there's always a solution to maintain it. So if you ever encounter a "friendship problem" how would you fix it?  I remember my very first mistake with my first group of friends, that includes a pony name, Moondancer. I can't believe I messed that one up, but luckily we were able to made up and be friends again...although speaking of Moondancer- I saw her with Spike recently..wonder what's that about?

Yes! I've learned some very hard friendship lessons. Firstly, despite loving so many people, it doesn't mean that they're all going to get along. However, laying down the platform and letting them know that they do deserve at least basic respect for each other is important. You don't have to agree or even like each other, but please, no public humiliation or insults are needed. We may not have the elements of harmony but the elements of basic decency is always there :laugh:

How does it make me who I am today? Essentially, It helps me to understand that everyone is unique and deserve that right to be!

"Sometimes keeping friends or close friendship is tough," it really is. Especially as an adult with work life and everyone caught up in their own things. But what matters is being there even for the smallest or biggest of things. 

As for Moondancer and Spike -- it's a good sign. Spike is your best friend and you guys have practically grown up together. He was reminding her of good things about you and why you two are still good friends.

Thanks for sharing, Twilight!

@Skylight Scintillate - Always a pleasure to discuss these things with you! You're fun and silly when you want to be! 

@abrony-mouse - The only pit here is going to be the TACKLE HUG pits if you keep this up :toldya:

*gigglefit* No, but seriously, very happy to share friendships with those of you who have been there for me on this journey as well. I send you all warm hugs and best wishes! 

• Brohoof 6

I also don't have much of a friendship lesson to share

My two fav of these fives are still Sunny and Izzy :> Why? Because of their positivity, energy and adorableness :> But I would love to hang out  with any of the mane five :>

• Brohoof 7

lesson one if you are in a situation with a friend and it get's bad and you caused it don't try to argue or talk back or end your friendship it's better to take a step back and leave it alone for a bit and come back and apologize talk about it and make agreements to understand each other point of view of that moment

if u see this i'm sorry for what i did and that i have ended it in a stupid way i may have broken our friendship forever especially how i have ended things and you probably don't care about what i have to say after what went down but i'm learning about my mistakes and growing as a adult 

well i hope things are going well for you i want to see you happy 

izzy and zipp they are my favorites izzy with her energy and little care about stuff just do what u want (but don't steal parts from people's stuff though)

zipp because she likes dangerous stuff that's it lol and most importantly both are adorable

Edited by FlutteringGuardian
  • Brohoof 6

Learning who nice friends are and having a blast with them in general. <3
Not having to tolerate rudeness and still consider 'friendship' when someone's being toxic. The true personality's been shining.

Fluttershy is for me a key to friendship, kindness is key. Her cuteness helps sure but.. she conquers great fears.

Edited by Pandora
  • Brohoof 4

I had quite a wonderful year, lots of wonderful moments.

Sadly, nothing good lasts forever. Last months have been very difficult to deal with. Thankfully, whenever I think I am alone, I get proven wrong, time and time again.

Friendship never cease to surprise me. It is truly magical.

• Brohoof 3

For a friendship lesson, always get every side of the story if you have a reason to suspect someone has gone behind your back, don't just assume the worst. 

Regarding the BFFs, I really don't want to choose. Izzy and I could have a great chat at the Crystal Tea Room, and Hitch could always use another deputy, but I want to hang out with all of them! 

• Brohoof 5

Zipp would be my BFF because the two of us notice things before other people do, and I see her as a leader, and I want to be friends with someone with the capacity to lead. 

It has been a long and painful year where certain friends became former friends for various reasons, I wouldn't take it back though, that pain is worth it - for I grew from it. Pain is temporary, friendship is forever. I took some pretty major hits this year, and I admit, I've not been innocent - but what other people did to me is simply unforgivable. All the lies and things that simply never happened, touted by people I thought were my friends behind my back. 

When someone is incompatible, and I try to back away, and the other person takes that as an insult and slanders my name? They never were my friend.

I know who my friends are. And they know who they are, as well. 

Edited by WinterS
  • Brohoof 5

Something important I have learned in regards to romantic relationships is to take a step back and check to see if you are the one being toxic. Sometimes, we don’t realize that it’s us who are the problem. It took me 5 years to come to the conclusion that romantic relationships were failing because of me. Take a good look at your own behavior once in awhile.

• Brohoof 3

I love Hitch TrailBlazer for having a fun kind loving despite being a law enforcer.

Spoiler

Plus anyone who can raise a Dragon egg until it hatches gets my vote

• Brohoof 4

9 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I love Hitch TrailBlazer for having a fun kind loving despite being a law enforcer.

Reveal hidden contents

Good choice

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, The Wife of Levi said:

Something important I have learned in regards to romantic relationships is to take a step back and check to see if you are the one being toxic. Sometimes, we don’t realize that it’s us who are the problem. It took me 5 years to come to the conclusion that romantic relationships were failing because of me. Take a good look at your own behavior once in awhile.

It takes a lot to come to this conclusion :coco: Looks like we've all had a lot of friendship lessons to overcome this year. It's been a very long and interesting journey but it's all about character development and improving as people. 

On 2022-09-04 at 5:28 AM, Props said:

When someone is incompatible, and I try to back away, and the other person takes that as an insult and slanders my name? They never were my friend.

I know who my friends are. And they know who they are, as well. 

Compatibility is such a major key. I think this was also a huge lesson! I've had my incompatibilities with some people as well. And sometimes, it's not even maliciously intended when they speak less flatteringly of us. Sometimes it's just projection. Sometimes it's just their POV of how things are... this is why compatibility is key. Because you wish to be around people who can build you up and not keep you down. I think this was very helpful to share, thanks for your insight :kindness:

3 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Reveal hidden contents

Plus anyone who can raise a Dragon egg until it hatches gets my vote

I absolutely adore how he always tries to do the right thing even to the point of lacking hindsight to the bigger picture. But hey, this is what friends are for -- to expand our horizons! :laugh:

6 hours ago, Axel said:

@Silk Glamouris one of the realest people i ever met on this site 

Awww, you're gonna make me cry :( You're also an incredibly good friend, yourself.

Big hugs all the way from here in Europe until we meet again! I guess 2022 has been one of those interesting years! I'm very happy to share it amongst good friends and good company!

On 2022-09-02 at 4:33 PM, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

don't really have much of a friendship lesson to tell. And I would hang out with any of the Mane 5^^

They would certainly have plenty of lessons to share with you! Imagine the adventures!

On 2022-09-04 at 1:39 AM, Splashee said:

I had quite a wonderful year, lots of wonderful moments.

Sadly, nothing good lasts forever. Last months have been very difficult to deal with. Thankfully, whenever I think I am alone, I get proven wrong, time and time again.

Friendship never cease to surprise me. It is truly magical.

There was a phrase I once heard, "Don't be sad that it's over, be glad that it happened." :kindness:

On 2022-09-02 at 4:39 PM, Astral Soul said:

I also don't have much of a friendship lesson to share

My two fav of these fives are still Sunny and Izzy :> Why? Because of their positivity, energy and adorableness :> But I would love to hang out  with any of the mane five :>

Essentially what you've proven to be, yourself, for us time and time again, Astral *pony hug* /) (\

On 2022-09-03 at 3:01 PM, Pandora said:

Learning who nice friends are and having a blast with them in general. <3
Not having to tolerate rudeness and still consider 'friendship' when someone's being toxic. The true personality's been shining.

Fluttershy is for me a key to friendship, kindness is key. Her cuteness helps sure but.. she conquers great fears.

I love this so much and couldn't have agreed more. Also, you definitely share similar traits to Fluttershy's cuteness D: 

So, now I can't help but wonder. Do characters we admire simply reflect something within ourselves? :ooh:

• Brohoof 4

@Silk Glamour

Compatibility is such a major key. I think this was also a huge lesson! I've had my incompatibilities with some people as well. And sometimes, it's not even maliciously intended when they speak less flatteringly of us. Sometimes it's just projection. Sometimes it's just their POV of how things are... this is why compatibility is key. Because you wish to be around people who can build you up and not keep you down. I think this was very helpful to share, thanks for your insight

All of the conflicts I had with people usually stemmed from one central issue. I was too open and didn't have a filter, and would set myself up thinking a friendship would last forever instead of looking for context clues and checking out the person before speaking to them. Now that I've learned that lesson the hard way, my friends list is a lot smaller and my worries are a lot less, because the compatible people are the ones that remain.

I wish to be around people who can 'take' my constant thinking in a light that isn't negative. Yet at the same rate, I also want to change this mentality - by simply not thinking as much.

Is it possible to reach? Is it possible to regiment one's mind to get to that state? I've been trying so hard to get to that point, and it has payed off in some works. The key is to distract yourself from overthinking. To distract yourself from whatever bad things happened in the past.

• Brohoof 2

13 hours ago, Silk Glamour said:

It takes a lot to come to this conclusion :coco: Looks like we've all had a lot of friendship lessons to overcome this year. It's been a very long and interesting journey but it's all about character development and improving as people. 

Compatibility is such a major key. I think this was also a huge lesson! I've had my incompatibilities with some people as well. And sometimes, it's not even maliciously intended when they speak less flatteringly of us. Sometimes it's just projection. Sometimes it's just their POV of how things are... this is why compatibility is key. Because you wish to be around people who can build you up and not keep you down. I think this was very helpful to share, thanks for your insight :kindness:

I absolutely adore how he always tries to do the right thing even to the point of lacking hindsight to the bigger picture. But hey, this is what friends are for -- to expand our horizons! :laugh:

Awww, you're gonna make me cry :( You're also an incredibly good friend, yourself.

Big hugs all the way from here in Europe until we meet again! I guess 2022 has been one of those interesting years! I'm very happy to share it amongst good friends and good company!

They would certainly have plenty of lessons to share with you! Imagine the adventures!

There was a phrase I once heard, "Don't be sad that it's over, be glad that it happened." :kindness:

Essentially what you've proven to be, yourself, for us time and time again, Astral *pony hug* /) (\

I love this so much and couldn't have agreed more. Also, you definitely share similar traits to Fluttershy's cuteness D: 

So, now I can't help but wonder. Do characters we admire simply reflect something within ourselves? :ooh:

Cuteness? Hay no! 🙈but you are our pinkie pie 💜

• Brohoof 2