Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How does pregnancy work in Equestria

MLPFanatic34

Well, horses in the real world have a gestation period of 11 months while humans have one of 9 months.

We also don't have a definite answer of how time passes in Equestria, so I can't say exactly how long it'll be until we see Cadence's baby.

As for how pregnancy works in Equestria, i'd guess that it works the same in the real world.

When a daddy pony and a mommy pony love eachother verrrry much, they sign a contract with a rule 34 artist and do naughty things off screen.... Then after X amount of time has passed (or when the writers feel the timing is right) the babies are born off screen, and introduced in a very predictable yet cute way.

• Brohoof 10

When a mare and a stallion love each other very much... 

Rainbow: Don't start! 

OK...  I think after the sperm fertilizes the egg, the mare will stay pregnant for eleven months then give birth and usually name the foal something that will match their personality or future cutie mark. If Sugar Coat exists as a pony, her parents didn't get the name message. 

Oh come on....it doesn't take a freaking rocket scientist to figure this out.

DUH PEOPLE IT'S THE MAGIC OF FRIENDSHIP!! When two ponies love each other, their friendship grows and creates a fowl of friendship so even more friendship can be born into the world.

You see? With the power of friendship...annnnything is possible :D

But seriously, I'd say it's just as if any regular pony or horse would mate and then become pregnant. We shouldn't think too hard on that subject because we'll never be enlightened about that on a kid's show.

Edited by Princess Sunset

Easy, they mail a letter to the Stork Empire in which part they are then entered into a martial arts tournament to prove they are worthy of the child within the Stork's possession. Once they've won, they must then ascend to the highest peak in the land without wings in order to besiege the wise elder Stork as to the gender and delivery date of their child. And when that's done the would be parents must then travel down the River Styx in order to request the paper work required to legally have a child. 

• Brohoof 3

I would imagine it works similar to the way it does for real life horses and ponies, and ponies get pregnant through natural processes that are not friendly to show in the show.

Edited by UnknownFry

I imagine Cadence might start to show her pregnancy depending on what phase she is in of her pregnancy if and when she appears sometime in Season 6 before giving birth to the foal.

Edited by UnknownFry

I know about the whole baby making process what I mean is like will Cadance show throughout the season or next season will she show?

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!.... You give hasbro way to much credit...... There's no way they would allow a pregnant princess to be showing. It goes against the very strict laws of children's cartoons. Nope one episode she will just be POOF..... Bearing child.

• Brohoof 1

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!.... You give hasbro way to much credit...... There's no way they would allow a pregnant princess to be showing. It goes against the very strict laws of children's cartoons. Nope one episode she will just be POOF..... Bearing child.

Oh well guess they won't show her pregnant. 

When a mommy and daddy pony love each other very much...

Classic  :)

I assume they carry their foals for 11 months, just like ponies in real life I guess  :huh: . We might see Cadance with a bigger belly, but I doubt we'll go into details  :D

• Brohoof 1

Well, having seen the butts of many ponies on the show we can tell they don't have the equipment to get the job done naturally.  So I suspect magic. Even for the earth ponies.  Those earth ponies must have some sort of magic. Like how do earth ponies hold things in their hooves sometimes?  Magic.  Pinkie Pie? Magic.

I think the pregnancy is normal, but conception and birth are all magic.

By the way, I know what Lauren Faust has said on the subject and I am deliberately choosing to ignore it.

• Brohoof 1

Ponies don't have sex in Equestria. Mares get pregnant by the magic of love. :P

And considering Cadence is the Princess of Love, she should be more fertile than a Costa Rican rain forest.

• Brohoof 3

Not exactly. Daniel Tiger's Neighbor had a baby episode.. And they showed that she was pregnant. I don't see a problem with it. (Though to be honest, I don't see the point of it either. We rarely see Cadence after all..Maybe if they do have to show her, I would like to see her be a little bigger. :).)

----------------------------

Anyways..

Forget ponies! It's all about the rainbows now. dx.  When two rainbows really really love each other... 

Oh wait. dx. Wrong gen. That how gen 3.5 babies were made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edNyGByWBYs

• Brohoof 2

Well, having seen the butts of many ponies on the show we can tell they don't have the equipment to get the job done naturally.  So I suspect magic. Even for the earth ponies.  Those earth ponies must have some sort of magic. Like how do earth ponies hold things in their hooves sometimes?  Magic.  Pinkie Pie? Magic.

I think the pregnancy is normal, but conception and birth are all magic.

By the way, I know what Lauren Faust has said on the subject and I am deliberately choosing to ignore it.

I don't think I've read what Lauren Faust said, but I think ponies do have private parts, we just don't see them for obvious reasons. That, by the way, is not the scariest thing that comes to mind when I think of what the ponies must look like if they don't see their world in an animated art style like we do, but as that's nightmare fuel I won't touch on that any further. I'm actually more intrigued about how G3 ponies must reproduce without stallions but your hypothesis works for that series and is less disgusting than mine, which is that they reproduce like parasprites.

Anyways, to avoid derailing this thread, I do have to wonder if Cadance is very far along since she doesn't look any wider. Of course that could also just be another detail omitted for the sake of keeping the show age appropriate for its target audience, though I don't think it's that necessary as even children usually know their mom got bigger before she had them. I suppose it's a moot point either way as it hardly matters if she is seen getting bigger or not.

• Brohoof 2

According to the Hinterland Who's Who (in Anthology V), My Little Ponies "do not give birth, instead hatched from different pastries."

And this is not possible. Apparently (Sugar Cube Corner = Hospital!).

Intimate contact is not visually possible in Equestria, I believe (and it's not appropriate to show in front of innocent children). Magic is too general: not sure how non-uni/ali-corns would get pregnant w/out magic.

So I reckon the pregnancy depends on the mood of the screenwriter and the demand from Hasbro (Inc.).

• Brohoof 1