Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the Mane 6 were CMC age would you still have been as intrested in MLP?

Cirrus.

14 users have voted

1. 1. Would you have been as interested if the Mane 6 were CMC age?

• Yep
    • Nope

Would you have gotten as interested in MLP if the Mane 6 were the CMC's Age?

post-24370-0-57621300-1477509701.jpg

I don't think I would have.

I saw the season 1 two part opener knowing NOTHING about the series or fandom. I checked it out because I was just seeing what Tara Strong was up to currently (back at the end of 2013.) I could tell that there was above average effort put into it but I wasn't interested in watching more. I only ended up watching more stuff because I was getting pissed that pretty much all my recommended videos on YouTube suddenly turned into MLP related, AND I HAD ONLY WATCHED THE TWO PART OPENER!!! :baconmane:

I guess it was a good thing because I do really like the show now.

I like that the Mane 6 seem to be past High School age and somewhere between 18-26 in my opinion, with Rarity being one of the older members of the cast considering her very successful business despite having an average upbringing.

Now as for the CMC, I think they are cute, but IN MODERATION. Too much of them does get kind of annoying to me.

So what would you guys think if the Mane 6 had only been CMC age in the show?

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

I agree with you, while Apple Bloom is probably my favourite, I prefer her interactions with the Apple family rather than the CMC. I love them now, but in the first season especially they can be really annoying.

The first time I ever saw the show was on a kids channel as I was flicking and I think I must have caught the episode where the cutie mark crusaders come together, Apple Blooms first real episode. I remember thinking how annoying all the little ponies were and how much of a kids show it must be. 

I'm glad I gave it another go as I get to see the story arcs and the character development and now love pretty much all the ponies.

But I agree, I don't think I could have been hooked if they were all that age. 

• Brohoof 1

Not really, it wouldn't be what it is if they were younger, ad most things have them do as adults, like owning a business, or being a princess. Their independence is what I like about it.

Edited by Namae
  • Brohoof 1

Well it would make friendship lessons more sense because they're kids and don't know better. But it would take away alot, like Rarity wouldn't own a boutique, she'd probably be an apprentice. Rainbow Dash wouldn't be a part of the Wonderbolts cause she'd be too young. Plus they wouldn't go out on friendship adventures all on their own cause they'd need an adult with them. Maybe Spike would be that adult! Also the CMCs would probably be adults then if the Mane Six are kids.

So yeah, MLP would still be interesting, but it would be waaaay different than what it is now!

• Brohoof 1

For some reason I don't think I would have been as tempted to check the show out if this were the case. Having them be younger would have greatly limited the possibilites with the show and most episodes would just been slice of life stuff. Which, I like those episodes, but I also really like a good mix.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno... I don't think it really would have mattered. The writing and animation is what drew me in, so I don't think their ages would have thrown me off if the writing was just as good. But really it is hard to say without it having happened.

But most likely I still would have enjoyed it.

To be honest, I don't know.

Despite their current age, they're kinda childish anyway, so there wouldn't be a major difference. That's true things would get less serious, but that's actually what I like in the show - not serious princess business and things like this, but just their adventures and having fun together. Though I agree, that it would get even sillier, so it could get kinda annoying after some time, but you never know, perhaps they would handle that nicely and make all of that interesting.

There's one thing that would not change at all - Pinkie Pie. She still would be hyper-energetic sociable physics-breaking pony.

Soo... I honestly don't know. I like how things are like they are now, but perhaps I'd like that filly version as well?

• Brohoof 1

I dunno. For one part, the writers have shown enough skills to make children interesting, but that'll still take some uniqueness because they aren't independent nor living their dream jobs as they do now :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Depends on how well they write it. In fact there is a way of writing out younger characters progressing to grow up into adults actually does have a strong way of holding the audiences.

Looking at how they write MLP:FiM though I don't think they can do that so it was good that they just made them start out as adults.

Not really.

Because that means we probably wouldn't have gotten the EQG series, and I really enjoy those films.

Heck even when I am less interested in FIM than usual, these films are able to help keep my interest in it alive.

I think I can agree with CMC and why they're an example of why I would of hated the mane six as fillies but thinking back I didn't like the CMCs because they were just copies of three of the mane six and they were taking up episodes that would of been meant for the mane six, I just didn't care for the development of secondary characters in fact it was annoying since they were practically the same characters of the mane six with far less privileges and interest.