Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NLR: the New Lunar Republic

cosmic_joke

Should we, the Brony nation, finally come together as a true nation?

One with no ruler, just the ideals of Equestria, of the Elements themselves, as our guide.

The New Lunar Republic, where we would Love and Tolerate the sh*t out of anyone who dares oppose us, but also no longer be afraid to go out and BE WHO WE ARE, 24/7, 365.

With our own flag, our own holidays (Hearth's Warming Eve, Hearts and Hooves Day, Nightmare Night, etc.), out own colors, and our own army. Here to take on the world.

I think this is a good idea. Anypony care to join me?

• Brohoof 4

Hey there :)

As this deals with fan created content regarding the show, rather than discussing actual aspects from the show, this topic has been moved to a more appropriate section, the Sugarcube Corner :)

• Brohoof 1

Sorry, but NLR was stupid when it was created and it's stupid now.

Besides, i rather want to stay in my own nation and eat my Pizza instead of hay

• Brohoof 3

Yeah that "perfect nation" would not work at all in real life. With no ruler, there is no direction for a country and it will basically lead to anarchy. Besides, I can't even imagine the love and tolerance thing working out in real life. The reason it works in the show is because it's fictional. If it happened in real life, no one would agree on anything. Also, I personally find the New Lunar Republic thing stupid but that's just me.
  • Brohoof 4

Yeah that "perfect nation" would not work at all in real life. With no ruler, there is no direction for a country and it will basically lead to anarchy.

^This. I once was part of a forum that believed in no moderation whatsoever. There were mods, but all they did was delete spam and the admin only ever banned spambots. Eventually, the entire forum descended into utter chaos, people were leaving left and right to start up new forums, and eventually all that was left was the admin and a couple of sycophants.

• Brohoof 5

Absolutely not,  it's a cartoon for heavens sake. 

What? Why would we need an army? It's not like people would care enough to start a war with us.

Don't ask why, ask why not? =D

But yeah. NLR won't work IRL because of abundance of reasons.

• Brohoof 1

One with no ruler, just the ideals of Equestria, of the Elements themselves, as our guide.

The New Lunar Republic, where we would Love and Tolerate the sh*t out of anyone who dares oppose us, but also no longer be afraid to go out and BE WHO WE ARE, 24/7, 365.

With our own flag, our own holidays (Hearth's Warming Eve, Hearts and Hooves Day, Nightmare Night, etc.), out own colors, and our own army. Here to take on the world.

-People lead purely by ideology rather than a leader? Sounds like communism in which communism sounds great in theory but most likely impossible to actually execute unless perhaps on a very small scale.

-Love and tolerate the shit out of anyone who dare oppose us? You mean like American foreign policy?

-Solar Empire Loyalists would strongly oppose this so unification would be difficult to say the least.

As much as I'm a supporter of Luna, I question this particular implementation. But for Luna forever.

lunar_russia_flag_by_115predator-d8a231b

lunarity_by_tsaritsaluna-d93woa2.png

• Brohoof 1

I don't think a nation is the best way to go. A religion maybe and we shouldn't have A leader we should have a group of leaded

I like the idea of a new religion based on these ideals, but I'm rather happy being a Christian; and besides, we would look more ridiculous than the Church of Scientology if we decided to worship a bunch of winged ponies from a kids' show.

'Better benefits than in our current country'? Pal, I live in America, where the only 'benefits' are being given to illegal immigrants... don't get me started on that one!

A bunch of sweaty people in Luna t-shirts? Look, I'm not FOR Luna, its just that Lunar sounds better than Celestial. And yeah, we probably would end up having a conflict of NLR vs. NCR. One reason we need an army.

Ok, so we would need a leader. You're right, communism sounds great on paper, but is in fact the worst form of government found to date, seconded by democracy. So we would perhaps need a new form of government, perhaps one with 6 leaders, each governing their own ministry, and reporting to one higher power..? -see: Fallout Equestria-

Am I the only one who has seen the state of the world today? We need an army, not one with guns and missles, but one with people who can actually do good rather than bad. People armed with knowledge, and the will to help others. A new form of army for a new form of people.

https://youtu.be/AfMYKSdZdAY

'Better benefits than in our current country'? Pal, I live in America, where the only 'benefits' are being given to illegal immigrants... don't get me started on that one!

And your point is? 

A bunch of sweaty people in Luna t-shirts? Look, I'm not FOR Luna, its just that Lunar sounds better than Celestial. And yeah, we probably would end up having a conflict of NLR vs. NCR. One reason we need an army.

No it isn't, if you need an army to resolve something that ridiculous than your nation have bigger problems than that. 

Am I the only one who has seen the state of the world today? We need an army, not one with guns and missles, but one with people who can actually do good rather than bad. People armed with knowledge, and the will to help others. A new form of army for a new form of people.

So we would not have an actual army then?

Edited by Yamet
  • Brohoof 2

'Better benefits than in our current country'? Pal, I live in America,
 And I live in Sweden. A magical place where there's free healthcare, free education and many more wonderful things. If I moved to this "country" would I have better benefits? 

We need an army, not one with guns and missles,  
So we wouldn't have a army,
  • Brohoof 2

We need an army, not one with guns and missles,

So basically none. Or do we talk about an army that are like care bares, that shoot love lasers from their belly?

i don't want to mock you, especially when it's your birthday. But you don't really make any sense.

• Brohoof 2

Um, its not my birthday...

An army doesn't have to consist of people who kill other people, although if it comes to that, I am sure we would have no choice.

No, the army I am thinking of would primarily exist as a means of helping others, in a systematic, efficient, and ordered way.

Um, its not my birthday...

An army doesn't have to consist of people who kill other people, although if it comes to that, I am sure we would have no choice.

No, the army I am thinking of would primarily exist as a means of helping others, in a systematic, efficient, and ordered way.

That's weird, because an army is "a fighting force that fights primarily on land" according to various dictionaries.  

• Brohoof 1

Whoaaa... 

I uh, I didn't realize the seriousness of the thread.  I figured it was mostly a tongue in cheek, "just because" kind of thread.  I only posted my previous post because I love the artwork people make surrounding NLR.  

But this guy is being legitimate?  He actually wants a real life NLR style nation?  Really?

Sorry, but that's just loco.

~ Miles

Whoaaa... 

I uh, I didn't realize the seriousness of the thread.  I figured it was mostly a tongue in cheek, "just because" kind of thread.  I only posted my previous post because I love the artwork people make surrounding NLR.  

But this guy is being legitimate?  He actually wants a real life NLR style nation?  Really?

Sorry, but that's just loco.

~ Miles

I'm confused if this is serious or not as well. On the one hand the guy has "joke" right in his username, but on the other, they seem rather persistent about it.

If anything like this ever tried to happen, even on a micro scale, I predict it would be about 2 weeks before the whole deal goes full-on Lord of the Flies, presumably with a plushie instead of a pigs head.

• Brohoof 2