Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

October 9 2010

ranul

Some how you have been sent back in time to this date and your former self is sitting in the room and you have on a pony t shirt  how do you think you other self would react to this ?

I'd be cool with it. Even back then I was all for breaking down gender barriers and stuff. That's part of why I got into this fandom, as a matter of fact. Though in the months since then my opinion of the fandom's changed pretty drastically... and I hate to say it, but this fandom's probably one of several things that added up together to me a little less liberal than I used to be.

Edited by Daring_Do

I would probably be pretty disappointed in myself and wouldn't have much hope for my future. I'd also be quite surprised.

I'd be cool with it. Even back then I was all for breaking down gender barriers and stuff. That's part of why I got into this fandom, as a matter of fact. Though in the months since then my opinion of the fandom's changed pretty drastically... and I hate to say it, but this fandom's probably one of several things that added up together to me a little less liberal than I used to be.

I've always been conservative before and after joining the fandom. The show itself isn't that girly, so breaking down gender roles don't really apply here that much in my opinion.

Edited by Varrack
  • Brohoof 1

I would probably be pretty disappointed in myself and wouldn't have much hope for my future. I'd also be quite surprised.

I've always been conservative before and after joining the fandom. The show itself isn't that girly, so breaking down gender roles don't really apply here that much in my opinion.

although....if you look back on some of the episodes in the first season, there are alot of girly moments. Even though there are a few cool parts like the battle with Tirek, Discord (in general), I don't think they rule out the girly parts.

But I have to agree with you there that if it was me that was sent back 5 years, then I think I would have to accept my life as a basement dweller, since the term "brony" didn't even exist back then.

Edited by Rawzy
  • Brohoof 1

My past self probably wouldn't know what that shirt is, then I'd tell my past self to watch MLP:FiM the next day, either on the Hub, or you'll find it on YouTube a few days later. My 11 year old self would probably think I'm ridiculous, then I'd say, "don't worry, there will be a large community, you don't have to tell anyone at school." Then I'd end up joining the fandom WAY earlier, which wouldn't be a bad thing for me since I probably wouldn't be as depressed as I was for the next couple of years.

• Brohoof 1

although....if you look back on some of the episodes in the first season, there are alot of girly moments. Even though there are a few cool parts like the battle with Tirek, Discord (in general), I don't think they rule out the girly parts.

But I have to agree with you there that if it was me that was sent back 5 years, then I think I would have to accept my life as a basement dweller, since the term "brony" didn't even exist back then.

This is the "girliest" MLP video I could find, and it's not even that bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcBNxuKZyN4

Either I'm used to it by now or there aren't really strong gender roles attributed to this show, excpet by people who judge it by its title or logo.

• Brohoof 2

I think my past self would look at current me with a lot of confusion and tons of questions. The pony shirt would just be one of those many questions. There were a lot of things that I was confused about at the time so seeing current me could make things more clear in my life. If I explained everything to myself about the Brony stuff, I think I would have loved it back then. It would have made my life a lot better too at the time.

I would question me or him or... Future me and stare with disbelief but I don't question the future because it will happen even if I try to avoid it (lesson zero)

I would embrace it because there's no way of stopping myself

Since this thread is only slightly related to merchandise and is more aimed at a discussion of the fandom in general, I'm moving this thread to Sugarcube Corner.  Thanks!

• Brohoof 1

My past self will think i insane.Why would my past self believe im him from the future.Not only my past family wouldnt believe but im have no place to stay alive.

Past me would be like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2H9cSThhtg

Also seeing how I didn't know about the show until early 2012, this would have drastically changed the timeline, and cause the butterfly effect to happen, messing up with time and space or something.

Dont forget time paradox.It will destroy our present and future.

Well i'm very open minded so if I see my future self liking something I probably wouldn't think about it that much or maybe just see it as something random I would do.

The real problem I would have is there can be only one so I would probably fight him.I 'm not a violent man but I would never go back in time to a point where i already exist (by choice anyway) and may see him as a clone or something. 

I don;t think that self of mine would be too creeped out, more like surprised. I'm no stranger of screwing with the target demographic, just ask Super Princess Peach, and I've played that long before I've became a brony 

My past self would look at me and wonder what kind of shirt that is. I would explain to him what the show is about and he would probably laugh and wonder why I would watch the show. I would tell him to give the show a chance and watch it with my past self the next day. After seeing the episode he becomes very interested and starts to watch the series from then on. 

Following conversation would follow:

"WTH are you wearing?!"

"I don't know! I didn't even buy this!"

"But... It has ponies on it!"

"Yeah, ponies are gonna be a big thing soon. You should get on board with it. You... I... We'll like it."

"... 'Kay. Fair nuff."

"..."

"..."

"One question."

"Shoot."

"Why are we talking in english?"

"I've got no idea."

My past self would react with, "Are you fucking kidding me." My future self, however, would have brought a laptop with the episodes and I would show them to my past self, after which past me would say "I can't wait for that shirt to exist so I can buy it."