Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Do you think Starlight Glimmer will join the Mane 6

CheekyBoy

Personally I hope she only became a reoccurring cast member like Discord.  I don't want her as a Mane 7th.  Though I would find it particularly hilarious if they literally wrote her out in the Season 6 premier with a note being something like "Hey Twi, going to do the thing with the people in the town I founded, Thanks for all the help, see you in 10 episodes! -SG" 

• Brohoof 9

Personally I hope she only became a reoccurring cast member like Discord.  I don't want her as a Mane 7th.  

If they can keep her in the show without making her a mane 7th, there's no reason for them not to give Sunset Shimmer a few guest episodes. 

That's what ought to happen for the series finale. All the mane six throwing a bigass party with Discord, Starlight and Sunset.

• Brohoof 2

Do I THINK she will? Yes. Oh god yes do I think she will, I think she's basically Sunset shimmer 2.0 and will be put into the mane six group as a stand in for Sunset's role in the EOH in the human universe. Season six will have a premier focused around her finding her role in the group and being given a throne at the table.

DO I WANT THIS? No. Fucking hell no. There is not enough no in the universe to describe how much no I feel towards that. but given how much she was being shilled at the end of this episode and her book coming out, I'm betting we got our seventh EOH here and we'll get a finale much like FG for Sunset shimmer to shill her.

• Brohoof 6

I think it's pretty obvious, looking at the end of the finale.

DO I WANT THIS? No. Fucking hell no. There is not enough no in the universe to describe how much no I feel towards that. but given how much she was being shilled at the end of this episode and her book coming out, I'm betting we got our seventh EOH here and we'll get a finale much like FG for Sunset shimmer to shill her

Hey, the writers could pull it off. We'll just have to wait and see. :P  

• Brohoof 4

She is now Twilight's student...of course she is part of the main cast now.

Her NOT becoming part of main cast ruins the whole point of the finale. Starlight Glimmer is too powerful and dangerous to left on her own to learn the magic of friendship. To push her into a background pony will just make her go back to old habits. She needs guidance and the Mane Six is EXACTLY what she needs.

Edited by windy_prance
  • Brohoof 3

With the ending of the episode and the focus on Starlight Glimmer it does seem pretty likely.

I hope she just ends up with a Discord like recurring role, rather than becoming a part of the mane 6 and turning into the mane 7.

As long as it is executed well I am fine with it.

• Brohoof 1

I really hope she doesn't, but I have a feeling she probably will.

Of course I'll have to wait until Season 6 to say for sure if it can work, but still feel disappointed with the finale that I can't see it working. Of course, the writers have surprised me in the past

Knowing that Twilight was exhausted after fighting her while she was less... well... exhausted ( :please: ), she might have more magical resources than her for now, so they can't just let her go like that; she'll probably become like Discord of some sort.

From what I took from the episode, I think she will go back to the town she founded and assist in some episodes. I don't particularly want her to join the mane cast, but I have faith that the MLP staff could pull it off. Hopefully we won't have to wait until season 6 to find out. Let's check Twitter!

• Brohoof 1

Knowing that Twilight was exhausted after fighting her while she was less... well... exhausted ( :please: ), she might have more magical resources than her for now, so they can't just let her go like that; she'll probably become like Discord of some sort.

Hopefully Twilight took a shower right after that :P Not even the Timberwolves liked what their noses picked up xD 

Perhaps Starlight would learn from the Mane 6 and they would in turn learn from her. xD 

It give creators more to play with if they keep her on as a main character, even if she doesn't show up with the Mane 6 all the time. The nugget about SG being as powerful as Twilight and having SG study the magic of friendship with her means that there is a potential that Celestia herself will meet SG, then whisk her off to become a student, maybe an alicorn princess, who knows. Each of the princesses have learned some sort of life lesson before they became princesses or experienced royal-worthy problems (sisters), so she already fits that part of the bill.

In regards to writing AND marketing, Hasbro is gonna need some new material. I LOVE the Mane 6, but it's gonna get old if there are no new consistent characters. (Unless they really start following the Cutie Mark Crusaders, but they'd probably have to age them up a bit for them to be more relatable, and less "Awwwhh"-able to ALL audiences.) That's just a writer's viewpoint. Look at other current hit shows. After season 6 or 7, creators try to add new characters to keep things fresh. It either works or it doesn't. 

After all of the points listed, I think they will def want to keep her as a main character, but somehow respect the Mane 6's history, or they risk alienating part of the audience. 

Obvi like in real life, if you have a group of friends then suddenly you want to add one, there will always be that history... but new memories too! So I think it will be good no matter what happens... they haven't failed us yet! 

• Brohoof 1