Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one?

Blackrain

Um, shoplifting is never a good thing. I understand that you're poor, but it still doesn't excuse this sort of criminal behaviour. Why not be patient and wait until you have enough money rather than get thrown into jail? It's what I would do if I was poor.

But to answer your question, maybe you're not the only one, but I've never shoplifted MLP:FiM merchandise before.

Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 7

I'm sure you're not the only one but you really shouldn't steal stuff. I've seen plenty of expensive items that looked cool but I didn't try running off with them. Pony merchandise isn't a necessity, so save up the money for it or don't get it at all. 

• Brohoof 3

I haven't done it but I know other people do it.  I've seen empty blind bags in more than one toy section.  I suspected it was kids but one of the employees at the McDonald's attached to the store says they saw a woman sitting there cutting them open.

No, but it's still stealing and I have no respect for people who feel the need to do so. You're risking your freedom over something so small and minute, why bother? I guess I could maybe sort of understand if it was food you needed to feed yourself, but even then, it's still not right, or smart. Save your money, and again, don't risk getting jail time over shoplifting. In some states it's a felony to do so, I know, I work retail and I see quite a few people get taken away because they didn't think before acting.

Wow. That's a lot of negativity. I personally don't shoplift, considering I'm 13 and get an allowance, but that doesn't make it a terrible thing if someone is just taking some stupid pony stuff.

Um, shoplifting is never a good thing. I understand that you're poor, but it still doesn't excuse this sort of criminal behaviour. Why not be patient and wait until you have enough money rather than get thrown into jail? It's what I would do if I was poor.

But to answer your question, maybe you're not the only one, but I've never shoplifted MLP:FiM merchandise before.

lel mlp is not expensive, hopefully i get merch for my birthday, which is tomorrow

Okay, I am going to tell you a story:

I used to work for Walmart which is a soulless company that doesn't care about their employees. When people shoplifted I could do NOTHING to stop them, even though shoplifting directly affected my hours. When people take stuff it comes out of our hours. Walmart basically barely gives people enough hours to cover their car payments every money and when people steal it's those minimum wage workers that suffers, NOT the salary management or the CEOs. They never feel the damage of shoplifting, only the minimum wage workers.

I just had someone steal 2 iPhones from my current job and that's over $1,500 of profit we now need to make to make up for it. My hours got cut to 12 hours this week because we lost so much money.

So I am not even going to say "no offense", because I do mean offense when I say this: you are a terrible person and you're hurting people who are struggling to get by for a freakin' plastic toy. You have problems, and your priorities are out of whack.

Get a freakin' job.

Wow. That's a lot of negativity. I personally don't shoplift, considering I'm 13 and get an allowance, but that doesn't make it a terrible thing if someone is just taking some stupid pony stuff.

"It's only one thing!" Said 50 shoplifters. If everyone just steals one thing, then the store just goes out of business.

Some places won't even let you accuse someone of shoplifting because it's a safety risk. You're supposed to not-so-subtly ask them if they wanna pay for the item in question. Not even security guards are allowed to even touch them. They can only ask people to come with them to the security office until a police officer arrives.

And it's because of that we get stupid, stupid people like the topic creator who will do it thinking there will be no consequences when theft charges can literally keep you from getting jobs in the future.

Seriously, Blackrain, that is not a path you want to go down. You can and will be refused jobs if you have a rap sheet for stealing even if you're the model employee otherwise.

Considering the negativity that this has and will spawn in the future, and that this isn't the best sort of discussion to be having, I will be locking this.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 2