Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should MLP do an episode on Applejack's parents?

SteveMorison

Just finished watching a clip from the Rugrats episode Mother's Day which tackled the issue of Chuckie's mum with a perfectly delivered feels story. Do you think MLP could be trusted with a similar episode about the Apple's parents, maybe AppleBloom finds a box filled with pictures of the Apple parents, but since she was a foal when they died, she doesn't really remember them, the episode is then a flashback story of the great things they did for the Apple family, towards the end when it comes too much for AppleBloom, Applejack consoles her that she still has a family that looks out for each other.

• Brohoof 2

Honestly? After so many opportunities missed throughout 5 seasons of the whole show, I actually wouldn't want to see them brought up because it'd feel a bit awkward. With Rugrats they never really had an opportunity to address Chuckie's mom until what? The middle of seasons 4? Yet they never had a reason too bring her up either and that's why it worked when they finally did. With AJ's parents we've gone through several episodes dedicated solely to AJ's family and their traditions, including a freaking family reunion.

If they're able to find a way to make it work, then that's fine. But Honestly I'd rather they just move on from trying to address AJ's family, I think the shooting stars and the name drop in Crusaders of the Lost Mark is good enough

Edited by Santa Megas
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

After reading up on the history of the show, I discovered that Applejack's parents are indeed deceased. However (current to the time of the article I was reading) Hasbro believed an episode based on this premise would be too much for young kids to handle.

Hopefully they've changed their minds by now.

• Brohoof 1

I was really hoping they'd do a story about grieving focused on Applejack and her family. Instead, they did it with Rainbow Dash when her pet turtle was in no actual danger of harm. It was still a good episode, but just managed to miss the mark since Tank was, in fact, going to be back in good time.

I'd still like to see something on Applejack's parents, but I guess the likelihood of that is fading fast.

AJ's parents are either dead or have abandoned her.  I don't think Hasbro is going to want to get into that.  I'd like any of the other Mane 6 families or Scootaloo's family

Or traveling salesponies, or explorers. Faust said she would've liked to simply say they were dead, but it most likely would've been deemed too dark for a kids' show, so they discussed those other possibilities instead. So it's basically up in the air where they are.

• Brohoof 1

I doubt we'll get more than veiled implications regarding the fates of Applejack's parents.  But I'd really like to see what they looked like, maybe a flashback or even just a picture of them in one of Granny Smith's photo albums.  They deserve that much at least.