Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hasbro could end FiM now!

Brony Mata

No need to worry.

1. Based on the work schedule for each FIM episode, season six's scripts and voice work are likely finished, and they're in the middle of either storyboarding or animating them. Moreover, the fourth EQG special is under production, and we might see it sometime next year.
  2. The movie is already signed up for, and they're developing that.
  3. FIM is still one of Hasbro's top toylines; if the sails were repetitively lackluster like Littlest Pet Shop, then I could see the worry. But FIM's toyline is still strong, and it's a $650 million brand.

^That, and Hasbro seem to listen to their fans, unlike a certain wrestling mogul these days.

• Brohoof 2

Hasbro could bail on us here...

They can end the ponies RIGHT NOW

Think about where they ended. With a song and all the characters looking at the screen. With 3 movies and claims of more that do not necessarily have to be done.

Think about where season 4 left off. With a song and the Mane 6 together for a photo (I think.) One movie and that was that.

AM I THE ONLY ONE CONCERNED ABOUT THIS?

Well, yes, if FiM ended here it would end well. But I think they made S5 ending like that just in case they had to suddenly end the show shortly, and I don't see that happening right now. Specially since they already invested so much in S6, and the pony movie, with a fourth EG coming soon

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro could bail on us here...

They can end the ponies RIGHT NOW

Think about where they ended. With a song and all the characters looking at the screen. With 3 movies and claims of more that do not necessarily have to be done.

Think about where season 4 left off. With a song and the Mane 6 together for a photo (I think.) One movie and that was that.

AM I THE ONLY ONE CONCERNED ABOUT THIS?

Sugarcube, take a breath or two. 

They have already been pretty clear that this show's run is still for at least a season, and Fim is slated to be around for awhile. They would not bail on a big old pile of money, that is just not a sound business plan. 

as for you being the only one, I dare say a topic either proclaiming brony doomsday or demanding the show ends before "seasonal rot sets in" rolls into the forums every week. 

• Brohoof 1

We're solidly set for season six. The show may or may not end before a seven, but six seasons is quite respectable when you compare it to even the most popular anime. There are over a dozen anime titles that I wish had a second season. I'm looking at you, Ouran High School Host Club!

• Brohoof 1

"If they feel like cuttin' it, they can."

What are they, Trevor Phillips?

Hasbro: You're looking at it rationally - There are shows that are useful to me, and shows that ain't. And the shows that ain't got to go! Me? I'm not rational! I don't care if the show is useful to me. I FEEL like taking it out, so that's what I'm doing.

-_-

Trevor Philips? What are you talking about?

No, that last paragraph, though. That is what I meant. All they gotta do is not care, get annoyed by bronies, fail at C&D'ing a brony, or realize how terrible their toys for show are, and it could go down!

Trevor Philips? What are you talking about?

No, that last paragraph, though. That is what I meant. All they gotta do is not care, get annoyed by bronies, fail at C&D'ing a brony, or realize how terrible their toys for show are, and it could go down!

Aw, it was a reference. Nevermind. :icwudt:

Honestly, I think they'll overwrite any annoyances with lust for money, though.

• Brohoof 1

So, obviously, it sounds like there's no possibility of the show ending here.  Although good shows do get randomly canceled, like Futurama, which then came back to be ended properly, so I guess you never know.  But they obviously did not plan to end it with S5.  But you know what?  If they actually did end it here, to be perfectly honest, as much as I want to see more, I'd be sound as a pound.  I'd rather end it on a high note then have it pull a Simpsons, like everything else.  I'd prefer more things to be like Cowboy Bebop and Welcome to the NHK.  Short, perfect, sort of self-contained package deals that are never revisited, never rebooted, not milked for all their worth until the name is worthless, etc.  Artistic integrity is something grossly lacking in the entertainment industry.

• Brohoof 1

I would pretty much dont care, if Fim would end.

Not that i dont like the show, i still do^^

But Mlp ended many times and then just came back with a slightly different Media.

Its just like with every other Fandom im part off.

If something gets cancelled ( like the Live Action Series Superboy for example ) it just creates room for something new ( like Smallville, which came years after ) .

Whenever something ends in my franchises , i just get excited for what comes next.  :)

Hasbro has zero reasons to end FiM. They are going to keep milking the cash cow.

Think about it this way, @Brony Mata, if you were the CEO of Hasbro and you were making tons of money off of FiM, would you end it now?

Edited by RedFireDrgn
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think they're going to end FiM right now, since they're currently making season 6, and there's that famous movie getting released in 2017. I actually think that FiM is going to end after that, but we don't have to panic: MLP gen 5 will come out a few years after that, and it'll hopefully be as great as gen 4!

• Brohoof 1

They're not gonna can the show due to any of these. Hasbro may make stupid decisions to their franchises at times, but they're not spiteful. FIM is still a massive moneymaker responsible for keeping their entire "girl" toyline level; they're not gonna say "we've had it" and cancel season six or the film. It'd be a massive PR nightmare for the company if they even thought about it.

• Brohoof 1

MLP is the brand that is literally carrying the company and accounts for quite a percentage of not only their gross profits for girl toys but all their sales as well. I have been checking their stocks and other news regarding Hasbro and I have been looking at their competitor Mattel too(owner of Monster High, Barbie, Hot Wheels). I know about business and stocks and I do not see any problems with Hasbro in the future. Next year they will get the rights to produce Disney's Frozen toys and a CONFIRMED season 6 and the MLP movie in 2017. Also parents have been buying their kids toys instead of tablets and a rise in board games for family bonding. Trust me I have many business and stock apps and I have been keeping an eye on Hasbro for some time. I don't see any problems with the company or the brand MLP in the future. Just support official releases of the music and don't watch episodes online, buy the DvDs. Retailers purchase their products in bulk and if they don't sell them they stop buying them and Hasbro stops making money and will stop producing MLP products.

You are (unfortunately) not the only one and this discussion point gets revisited like clockwork following the end of every season. I am certainly not concerned about them ending the show here it at all. There will be a Season 6. Investor relations > fan anxiety. 

Oh, and don't forget that we clearly had a Q&A with the SEASON 6 storyboard artist.known as Ward Jenkins.

They are making too much money with us Bronies. So no, they wont end it like that. If they were to end it, they will certainly and mostly make a 5th generation that will follow the trend of G4. Period.

Well, I guess the answer to my question - or whatever I said - is "Do the math, Genius"

MLP is the brand that is literally carrying the company and accounts for quite a percentage of not only their gross profits for girl toys but all their sales as well. I have been checking their stocks and other news regarding Hasbro and I have been looking at their competitor Mattel too(owner of Monster High, Barbie, Hot Wheels). I know about business and stocks and I do not see any problems with Hasbro in the future. Next year they will get the rights to produce Disney's Frozen toys and a CONFIRMED season 6 and the MLP movie in 2017. Also parents have been buying their kids toys instead of tablets and a rise in board games for family bonding. Trust me I have many business and stock apps and I have been keeping an eye on Hasbro for some time. I don't see any problems with the company or the brand MLP in the future. Just support official releases of the music and don't watch episodes online, buy the DvDs. Retailers purchase their products in bulk and if they don't sell them they stop buying them and Hasbro stops making money and will stop producing MLP products.

Oh, and don't forget that we clearly had a Q&A with the SEASON 6 storyboard artist.known as Ward Jenkins.

I, uh... Didn't know where to find the Q&A... So I just didn't look for the forum place or wherever it was.

Hasbro has zero reasons to end FiM. They are going to keep milking the cash cow.

Think about it this way, @Brony Mata, if you were the CEO of Hasbro and you were making tons of money off of FiM, would you end it now?

If the employees associated with it were leaving maybe.

• Brohoof 1

Alot of people are bringing up G5 as a reason not to worry here.  The thing is, I won't really count a G5 as the same thing as the show "continuing". I don't give a CRAP about the concepts of "magical ponies", I care about the characters, the world and the journey they're on.

So if you give me a g5 with completely new characters and the only real similarity being "its magical ponies!" and "hey, XXXX has the NAME of this other pony!" then I really won't care. Like, look at G3 rainbow dash and g1 applejack. Do not tell me they are the same character-- so if we get just "name's the same" characters in g5, that's not giving me the characters I know and love, its trying to bank on nostalgia.

Pretty much I offer up digimon as an example; I liked adventure 01 and 02, but I really just stopped caring about digimon after those ones. I really don't care about other digimon that just have the concepts of "Hey, its monsters and they KIND OF are like the old ones!'. This is why digimon adventure tri is something I think looks cool but I don't care about the other gens of digimon.

So if they were to end FIM and give me a reboot in the same way that War for cybertron is a reboot of G1, hey, I'm cool with that. I like reboots. But a new gen where you just try and ape the concepts and give me new characters, not going to feel it.