Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hasbro could end FiM now!

Brony Mata

Hasbro could bail on us here...

They can end the ponies RIGHT NOW

Think about where they ended. With a song and all the characters looking at the screen. With 3 movies and claims of more that do not necessarily have to be done.

Think about where season 4 left off. With a song and the Mane 6 together for a photo (I think.) One movie and that was that.

AM I THE ONLY ONE CONCERNED ABOUT THIS?

• Brohoof 1

Considering how much money they already invested into Season 6 and the movie, I don't see why they'd do that. Nobody besides Konami is that stupid.

If for some reason that did happen, then at least the show would end on a high note.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 5

You are (unfortunately) not the only one and this discussion point gets revisited like clockwork following the end of every season. I am certainly not concerned about them ending the show here it at all. There will be a Season 6. Investor relations > fan anxiety. 

• Brohoof 8

I also forgot to add all the stuff that happened that would make the season be a perfect ending. The CMC getting their marks. Diamond Tiara, Background characters, Rarity's boutique, Fluttershy got braver again, Discord had two episodes, and as much I hate to admit it... shipping fuel

They are making way to much money to stop making FiM.

They have a cash-cow and they are going to milk it.

That's no excuse. If they feel like cuttin' it, they can.

You are (unfortunately) not the only one and this discussion point gets revisited like clockwork following the end of every season. I am certainly not concerned about them ending the show here it at all. There will be a Season 6. Investor relations > fan anxiety. 

I'm kinda a noobie, I became a brony last year. This is the first season that I could watch as it aired episode by episode. 

• Brohoof 1

My point was that they probably won't drop it because of how much money it's raking in. To a business (especially one as big as Hasbro) if it makes money, repeat it until the money stops then throw it out.

• Brohoof 3

Considering how much money Hasbro is making through these ponies, I don't think it'd be a very good businesses move to just end it right now. As long as it keeps making money and doing well, they'll keep it going. It wouldn't be strategic to get rid of the most successful franchise Hasbro owns.

Besides, even if the show ends, it's not like we can't enjoy what we still have of it.

• Brohoof 2

If the show ends before Rainbow Dash can join the Wonderbolts, I'd probably riot. Ah, not really. But seriously, I highly doubt they'll end it right here. Hasbro has absolutely no reason to.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a season 7 (though I personally suspect that it will end with the movie). In the meantime, I think Hasbro knows what they're doing.

It just really needs to involve Dashie becoming a Wonderbolt.

• Brohoof 2

And if I wanted to streak alongside the freeway, I could. :derp:

Don't confuse possible with probable. :muffins:

As long as the cashwell doesn't run dry, they may never end it. That said, a series that lives to long will inevitably change, and potentially go sour. :eww:

So the real question is, will they let it run until it sucks, or pull the plug and end on a high note? :comeatus:

• Brohoof 2

Yes, they could end here, but they won't. The show will go on, they have a movie in 2017, and potentially, a game(Maybe?)

• Brohoof 1

Not to mention Season 5 tied up "loose ends" not because the show is ending anytime soon, it's because the writers and producers thought that the plots kept from Season 1 and 2 are getting stale. A running gag can only go so long until it gets boring and repetitive (like Brock in the Pokemon anime series).

You can rest easy, season 6 is currently in the works and so is a feature length movie. That means that we have, at minimum, at least two more years and who knows what they will announce before then, we could get another season after the movie. I wouldn't worry too much about it. ;) 

• Brohoof 2

I think the people working on the show end the seasons like that just in case it is the last episode. They don't always know if the show will be picked up for another season before they're done with their current one.

I do have a feeling that if there will be a season 7 or 8 will depend big time on how the 2017 movie does at the box office. If it does well, I don't see Hasbro canning G4 then and there.

Looking at the sad non-revamped state of their MLP toys- I think Hasbro would rather just milk to death what's "working" vs. overhauling. We have G4 because G3.5 WAS WORKING FOR NO ONE whatsoever. :fluttershy:

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

Hasbro could bail on us here...

They can end the ponies RIGHT NOW

Think about where they ended. With a song and all the characters looking at the screen. With 3 movies and claims of more that do not necessarily have to be done.

Think about where season 4 left off. With a song and the Mane 6 together for a photo (I think.) One movie and that was that.

Hi, the thread title has been edited for clarity.
  • Brohoof 1

Yea, I have no concerns with the show ending.Considering they're actively working on Season 6..Weird Al even opted in, to wanting be a part of Season 6.Not to mention they've signed a contract stating that they're doing 10 seasons in total plus a movie.

My Little Pony is also a huge cash grab with the amount of merchandise  that's available out there, and this isn't just strictly Hasbro's own offerings for MLP toys, but other companies that got the License from Hasbro to make MLP toys....Companies like Funko, 4DE, TY and whatever other companies have MLP licensing from Hasbro.

• Brohoof 1

Looking at the sad non-revamped state of their MLP toys- I think Hasbro would rather just milk to death what's "working" vs. overhauling. We have G4 because G3.5 WAS WORKING FOR NO ONE whatsoever. :fluttershy:

And looking at how Teen Titans Go! rapidly became a glaring example of a successor trampling all over its predecessor's grave, I doubt Hasbro wants to risking losing a good thing anytime soon.

• Brohoof 2

I also forgot to add all the stuff that happened that would make the season be a perfect ending. The CMC getting their marks. Diamond Tiara, Background characters, Rarity's boutique, Fluttershy got braver again, Discord had two episodes, and as much I hate to admit it... shipping fuel

I'm kinda a noobie, I became a brony last year. This is the first season that I could watch as it aired episode by episode. 

"If they feel like cuttin' it, they can."

What are they, Trevor Phillips?

Hasbro: You're looking at it rationally - There are shows that are useful to me, and shows that ain't. And the shows that ain't got to go! Me? I'm not rational! I don't care if the show is useful to me. I FEEL like taking it out, so that's what I'm doing.

-_-

• Brohoof 2

"If they feel like cuttin' it, they can."

What are they, Trevor Phillips?

Hasbro: You're looking at it rationally - There are shows that are useful to me, and shows that ain't. And the shows that ain't got to go! Me? I'm not rational! I don't care if the show is useful to me. I FEEL like taking it out, so that's what I'm doing.

-_-

Hasbro's Board Of Directors in a nutshell:

• Brohoof 2

No need to worry.

1. Based on the work schedule for each FIM episode, season six's scripts and voice work are likely finished, and they're in the middle of either storyboarding or animating them. Moreover, the fourth EQG special is under production, and we might see it sometime next year.
  2. The movie is already signed up for, and they're developing that.
  3. FIM is still one of Hasbro's top toylines; if the sails were repetitively lackluster like Littlest Pet Shop, then I could see the worry. But FIM's toyline is still strong, and it's a $650 million brand.
  • Brohoof 2