Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Music you headbang too?

Lithophila

Music by Nirvana, Excision, Linkin Park makes up a large amount of what I headbang to.

Edited by Quartzy
  • Brohoof 1

When I think about the term headbang, I generally think of one of the most known things from the Heavy Metal culture

The type of music that would make me headbang is Thrash, Death and Black Metal.

Bands like Sadus, Slayer, Sodom, Tankard, Destruction, Vader, Mayhem, Beyond Creation, Gorguts, Num Skull, Absu, Annihilator, Nile, Flames, Sepultura, Morbid Angel, Death Angel, Evile, Revenant, Revocation, Pestilence etc. are the ones who did songs that are worthy of some banging from my head :P

Edited by Cosmic V0rtex
  • Brohoof 2

I really don't headbang, just not my thing. Even with the older stuff, I am still the one on the right.

BCRHIIa.gif

I don't headbang to music because I like not having a headache and not receiving brain damage, but if I did, it'd be hard-electro stuff like this:

ANY music you here on the standard radio is something to headbang to, no acceptions.

exceptions*

• Brohoof 1

I don't head bang much cause, well, I wear headphones all the time. You can see why those don't correlate well. 

But. When I'm at a live show, you'd be damn right if my neck was gonna be killing me first thing in the morning late afternoon. It's a sign that you went to a good show. 

Testament, Exodus, Overkill, Death Angel, Kreator, (Old School) Sepultura, Pantera, Fear Factory, Lamb Of God, Meshuggah, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, and so many more. 

Oh, and of course these guys, who inspired me to headbang my hardest. 

I actually managed to spot myself in that pit of hair whipping, neck snapping fury. 

I'm a big fan of Power Metal and Industrial, and as a historian-in-training Sabaton with their historical context are some of my favourites, for example Coat of Arms, which is about the Greco-Italian War and the heroics shown on the part of the Greek people.

Edit: Can now embed videos, still a fool.

Edited by AC E1
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a big fan of Power Metal and Industrial, and as a historian-in-training Sabaton with their historical context are some of my favourites, for example Coat of Arms, which is about the Greco-Italian War and the heroics shown on the part of the Greek people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtax3Fl-UZo

I'm also a fool who can't figure out how to embed videos.

For embedding videos just copy and paste the youtube URL.

Also you're a sabaton fan which is awesome!!

Hatebreed really puts me in a headbanging mood.

Edited by Rarity Is Best Pony

For embedding videos just copy and paste the youtube URL.

Also you're a sabaton fan which is awesome!!

Hatebreed really puts me in a headbanging mood.

Thanks for the tip-off there, I didn't realise it was so simple  :lol:

And that is some heavy stuff; I'm a bit of a weakling when it comes to metal really, that's probably as far as I'd go, maybe a bit further. Super-heavy death metal is just something I've never gotten into really.

My other favourite genres besides power metal would have to be light industrial and light techno/electronic, and I like classical too but that's not really headbanging-worthy music. Overall yeah, I'm a bit of a weakling when it comes to music, I'm not too much into heavy and death metal, I prefer the lighter variants of them.

I can tell you're probably a fan of more hardcore music than me, any other genres you enjoy besides what I've seen labelled as metalcore? (I'm bad with identifying genres, I think that Destroy Everything would fall under such a banner)

Edited by AC E1

I can tell you're probably a fan of more hardcore music than me, any other genres you enjoy besides what I've seen labelled as metalcore? (I'm bad with identifying genres, I think that Destroy Everything would fall under such a banner)

I've always been a fan of more "abrasive" styles of music such as Thrash metal, Death Metal or Frank Sinatra. I do however kinda of listen to a weird collection of genres not saying that I'm a fan of many of them. Like I could say I'm a fan of power metal but I only really enjoy Dream Evil and Sabaton. 

I would also recommend you check out the noise rock band Health as they are not heavy and have a definite electronic/industruial influence at least to me, but I'm far from an expert.

Edited by Rarity Is Best Pony

Considering that I am usually rocking back and forth regardless of listening to music or not, this pretty much applies to anything that has a beat. :P Anything that could have a beat, I at least rock to. Heavier stuff, like symphonic metal (like Nightwish or Epica) or just heavy metal in general (Like Mors Principium Est or Mechina), that is where I get a bit more intense.