Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Singers you like that no one else does

TailsIsNotAlone

Do you have a singer you've always liked, for reasons you can't quite put your finger on, and whom you've never met another fan of (at least in person)? A singers who is no longer relevant in pop culture, or is just on the edge of relevance, or possibly never will be relevant but you still like them? Well, talk about 'em in this thread!  :lol:

The singer I like that no one else does is Stacey Q, an 80s (VERY 80s) dance/pop/techno artist best known for her 1986 hit Two of Hearts. When I was a kid, I ordered a cassette tape off a cereal box and it had that song on it. I listened to it over and over and probably drove my parents crazy. That's how I discovered Stacey Q. Been a fan ever since and I've listened to all of Stacey's stuff now (she's released five albums and still performs in California).

"He Doesn't Understand" is my favorite pop song ever, and I might be the only person who even remembers it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD-YYTwWGcE

*cracks knuckles*

As a fellow representant of the fans of trash pop music I shall present to you all my favorite unliked by others singers!

I like Britney Spears.

*people throw tomatoes at me*

no but seriously I actually really like Britney Spears, yeah I know she's one of the biggest products that was made on the music market, yes I do know she cannot sing live and she's autotuned/melodyned/softwares for voice to death, I'm also aware that she barely lifts her hand on a pen to make her songs;

But I actually really like her music, It's just plain fun to me, there's nothing more behind it, her Blackout record is definitely one of my favorite pop albums ever, the reason is because it's extremely catchy and the songs are just fun to listen to, I always want to dance when listening to that one tbh.

Also I realize now the other pop trashes I enjoy are quite liked actually, not in their majority but they don't get the same amount of hate as Britney xD

• Brohoof 1

I feel like Eddie Vedder is easy to make fun of because his voice is so distinctive and so tied to a particular time, but "Even Flow" is my (pearl) jam!

Also Bjork. Very influential, but I'm pretty sure most people just like her for the swan dress. She's one of my personal favorites though.

• Brohoof 3

I'll second Bjork. She's long been my favorite artist and has been instrumental in shaping my (lack of) musical taste. She started off doing these very likable pop ditties and then took her work in increasingly bizarre directions and it's awesome.

Example: here is a song that sounds like it was performed alongside a chorus of evil mutant frogs. Enjoy.

• Brohoof 3

I'd say... Olly Murs. He's very popular in the UK, but I've noticed that an awful lot of people have never heard of him, no matter where they live. He's a great artist, but I think part of the reason he isn't particularly famous outside of the UK is that his music videos aren't actually available in most countries. I think that's a little silly, really, and not the best of moves - but I sure love Olly Murs' music. :)

PiratePony, of course. 

Serious answer...I like Katy Perry. Beyond her pop starness, I think she has a nice voice that is pleasant.

I also think Lady Gaga has the voice of an angel....

.....I'll go hide now. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm going to have to say Emilie Autumn. I've played her music for some people and have gotten this sort of reaction.

Re4gG.gif

And of course I hear a lot of stuff for liking jpop and kpop. Actually pop music in general isn't very popular around here so I hear a lot of stuff/even been bullied for liking it.

*cracks knuckles*

As a fellow representant of the fans of trash pop music I shall present to you all my favorite unliked by others singers!

I like Britney Spears.

*people throw tomatoes at me*

no but seriously I actually really like Britney Spears, yeah I know she's one of the biggest products that was made on the music market, yes I do know she cannot sing live and she's autotuned/melodyned/softwares for voice to death, I'm also aware that she barely lifts her hand on a pen to make her songs;

But I actually really like her music, It's just plain fun to me, there's nothing more behind it, her Blackout record is definitely one of my favorite pop albums ever, the reason is because it's extremely catchy and the songs are just fun to listen to, I always want to dance when listening to that one tbh.

Also I realize now the other pop trashes I enjoy are quite liked actually, not in their majority but they don't get the same amount of hate as Britney xD

I'm with you. I really love Britney's music and the whole Blackout album. I've liked her since I was little and actually own every album she's put out tbh.

Edited by MEOWKB48
  • Brohoof 1