Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think Celestia is hard on dissenters?

Azureth

Princess Celestia is not as bad as the fandom portrays her to be. I think as a wise ruler, she will accept that some ponies just don't like her and go on with her day eating cake. She wouldn't have a problem with anyone who doesn't agree with her unless they put other ponies or Equestria at risk or break the law. 

• Brohoof 2

I highly doubt that, I could see her as possibly doing some of that 1000 years ago when things were a bit more tenuous, but not now when times in Equestria are for the most part relatively peaceful. We saw this with Abraham Lincoln suspending Habaes Corpus and shutting down critical newspaper during the Civil War, granted he didn't do it out malice but it was still unconstitutional, in other words it is possible for even a well meaning leader to do some bad things given the right circumstances. With that said I could only see Celestia doing things like that in very very dire circumstances and only if she felt it was necessary to maintain public order and had no other choice and the current conditions in Equestria are a bit too peaceful and stable for that right now.

Edited by Shanks
  • Brohoof 2

If something like that has happend in the last 1000 Years, i am not sure if the ponies of equestria would've liked her as much, as they do now.

I read the topic title as "Do you think celestia has a hard on"...Oh boy.

I think she's pretty fair, though she does seem to fit into that suspicious category of "She seems very nice! Almost...too nice..."