Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Are you looking forward to the return of Starlight Glimmer?

Dracu98

Isn't that just great!?? Now the show will be infected by what is an embodiment of a bad OC and not only that but she might even be a main cast member.

At this point, I wouldn't put that down as a "maybe", more like a "Will be". She's the FIM equivilent to sunset and S6 is going to be shilling her hard.

They've never been good at reformations, in fact the one reformation that had the most development out of the bunch is Trixie, and we haven't seen much out of her since the last time she was there. If anything, I'd rather Starlight of had that "Alicorn Amulet" as an explanation for how powerful and diabolical she was instead of her backstory we did get. Hell even if that WAS the backstory, the Alicorn amulet would of provided a better reason on why she took it as far as she did. 

That being said, they do smooth out the landings on reformed characters pretty well if Sunset Shimmer is any indicator, so I'm interested to see what they do with her moving forward. 

I wonder if we'll ever see that thing again.

At this point, I wouldn't put that down as a "maybe", more like a "Will be". She's the FIM equivilent to sunset and S6 is going to be shilling her hard.

I'd like to not think she's not replacing Sunset :V. At least Sunsets personality is consistent. Glimmer is running shades of different kinds of characters at once like the writers couldn't decide on what personality to give her.

Quite frankly I was hoping she'd go back to her village and permanently disappear like forever. Unfortunately judging by the synopsis we'll going to be seeing her alot so we got a villain Sue that's most likely going to be appearing alot.

I guess the only thing we can hope for now is that the writers are able to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. If not, Season 6 is going to be a bumpy ride.

Edited by SiIver Spoon

• 2 weeks later...

I really feel that Glimmer's going to make a big impact on the next season. There were multiple villains in the series but all of them had something to bring to the plate and their defeat has only brought more harmony to the friends. Her's is the only story to not include some sort of conclusive ending or a plot where the ponies didn't band together to do something. It felt like only Twilight had a hand in her reformation.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Starlight Glimmer the only villain that is a pony that doesn't have anywhere else to be. Nightmare Moon became Luna and is helping Celestia run the (not sure why it's still called a kingdom when it's run by princesses so...) Princessdom and Sunset Shimmer is in another world altogether...

Twilight openly admits to Starlight being more powerful than her even though she's the Princess of Friendship which we all agree is where her overpowering magic power comes from.

Let's not forget the fact that in order to become this Princess Twilight needed to complete a spell that Star Swirl the Bearded couldn't finish. Here we have Starlight Glimmer modifying a spell of his where he could only travel back a week. She travelled back YEARS!!! and made it such that whenever Twilight travelled back in time she would as well. We also recall how Celestia told Twilight that Twilight was the most gifted student she'd ever had so what does that mean for Starlight Glimmer?

Next we move on to how Twilight told Starlight that she would teach Starlight everything she knew. Wouldn't this just put Starlight on a totally different level?

I'm totally reaching here but I think Starlight will become a princess somewhere in the next season. She's going to have to fight off some sort of conflict within herself. Something is going to happen where she's going to need to choose between her new found friends and her nature like how Discord had to in the previous season. I gather that she's going to feel left out more and more as the season wears on because the friends have more of a history and there are only 6 elements of harmony (I have a theory on how that's going to change soon but in light of what I'm saying here, it doesn't make sense.)

That's me and my two cents. See you all soon.

Edited by Dameldut

I'm totally reaching here but I think Starlight will become a princess somewhere in the next season.

I doubt they'll make Starlight a princess, since I'm firmly convinced she's meant to fill Twilight's old spot as the second unicorn of the group. On the other hand, if they do make her a princess, there'll probably be a fandom shitstorm of epic proportions.

They've never been good at reformations, in fact the one reformation that had the most development out of the bunch is Trixie, and we haven't seen much out of her since the last time she was there.

I'd be interested in how a character that ran off half-baked and never returned again had more development than someone like Discord, who has had many ups and downs in his reformation in his many appearances since, so I'd challenge you to prove that to me. I'll at least give her more credit than Diamond Tiara at the moment, though.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, im looking forward to season 6 MAINLY because i want to see more of her.

She is an amazing character with a lot of potential, and i feel like she is misunderstood by many, mainly thanks to josh haber.

I really hope she gets a lot of screen time in season 6 and really become one of the main characters.

She will be a great addition to this show.

• Brohoof 1

I've commented before how I think her backstory is weak to the say the least, but other than that I found her to be an intriguing character. I'm curious what  they do with her next season. I hope she is doesn't ease into the group too effortlessly. I'd like to see her struggle and make mistakes along the way but keep trying.

I am NOT looking forward to Princess Turbulence Cardioid, on the other hoof.

Is that genuinely what you're calling her? xD  That name ain't gonna sell toys.  I'm looking forward to super OP baby.  Partly in hopes that this won't be as serious a premiere as some of the past premieres.  And partly because f*** the rules: CRAZY OP BABY!  LOOK OUT!

And I'm kind of neutral about seeing Glimmer again.  I didn't much like her during the season five premiere, my views towards her gradually softened as the season wore on, and then the season five finale happened.  You know: The season five finale where she majorly overreacted to the events in the premiere and screwed over multiple would-be realities before simply and arbitrarily deciding, "Heck, guess I won't rip this thing and condemn everyone to their respective fates."

And I'm kind of neutral about seeing Glimmer again.  I didn't much like her during the season five premiere, my views towards her gradually softened as the season wore on, and then the season five finale happened.  You know: The season five finale where she majorly overreacted to the events in the premiere and screwed over multiple would-be realities before simply and arbitrarily deciding, "Heck, guess I won't rip this thing and condemn everyone to their respective fates."

That bothered you too, huh?

Edited by Silvestra Spooner
  • Brohoof 1

I'm starting to think that it bothered a good number of people.

Unfortunately, I don't think it bothered enough people: I've encountered far too many people who argue Glimmer deserved to be forgiven because she surrendered voluntarily, despite the fact it came out of nowhere and was completely inconsistent with Glimmer's character up to that point.

Edited by Silvestra Spooner
  • Brohoof 2

I can't say I'm a fan of her. I do wish she was just sent back to her town. I'm curious to see what's going to happen with her but then again she's an eyesore to me. (I don't like her design/colors either.) it's not something I'm looking forward to, to say the least.

• Brohoof 1

Is that genuinely what you're calling her? xD  That name ain't gonna sell toys.  I'm looking forward to super OP baby.  Partly in hopes that this won't be as serious a premiere as some of the past premieres.  And partly because f*** the rules: CRAZY OP BABY!  LOOK OUT!

I could handle the baby no problem. Its starlight that worries me for this season.

As for this premier not being as serious as the last couple: I wouldn't bet on it :P

Actually, im looking forward to season 6 MAINLY because i want to see more of her.

She is an amazing character with a lot of potential, and i feel like she is misunderstood by many, mainly thanks to josh haber.

I really hope she gets a lot of screen time in season 6 and really become one of the main characters.

She will be a great addition to this show.

Just about sums up my thoughts. I think having her as a main part of the story now would be keeping in perfect tune with the whole point of the show - not to mention the fundamental principle of the brony fandom. Love, acceptance, and friendship should never be ripped on by the show and it saddens me when other bronies do it. So here's to looking forward to what I'm pretty confident is going to be an awesome season 6!  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

was completely inconsistent with Glimmer's character up to that point.

Correction, it's very consistent. When Starlight formed the village and talent suppressor, she did so under the belief that she was doing something beneficial for Equestrian society. Her "true friendship" statement wasn't hot air, she literally believed it. When her whole world suddenly fell apart, she felt anguished. Why did she take it out on Twilight? Because she led her friends to the village and was responsible for the plan that outed her. When she revised Star Swirl's spell, she did so under a bloodthirsty lust on Twilight without understanding the full consequences.

Starlight's choice to accept Twilight's offer also makes sense on both sides. The wasteland was the first time she saw the consequences of her actions. Not only did it surprise her. It hurt her. All of these moments, including revisiting her flashback, culminated with her redemption. Twilight, for that matter, couldn't physically stop her; she had to convince her, and it works because it shows us as an audience how much she's grown since the pilot; she wasn't a princess by overpowering the other. SG's voluntary decision to start over gives her another chance to pursue the Magic of Friendship, and Twilight becoming her teacher is a more proactive and far better approach to SG's character.

• Brohoof 2

I hated Sunset Shimmer in the first film but loved her in the other films, so I may love Starlight Glimmer. If she is a main character, I hope she gets an episode with Rarity... since Twilight can't do that anymore. We had Pinkie Pie and Applejack episodes as well as Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy episodes. Twilight and Rarity never had an episode while Twilight was a unicorn, so Starlight should have an episode with Rarity instead. (I do want a Rarity Twilight episode, but Twilight is an alicorn now.) 

• Brohoof 1

These are my thoughts exactly. Starlight's an interesting character with a lot of potential, and I'm very excited to witness her character development over the upcoming season and beyond. But I'm also a bit nervous - whether she succeeds or fails as a regular character is going to come down to the writing, and I'm just hoping that the writers manage to pull it off.

• Brohoof 3

These are my thoughts exactly. Starlight's an interesting character with a lot of potential, and I'm very excited to witness her character development over the upcoming season and beyond. But I'm also a bit nervous - whether she succeeds or fails as a regular character is going to come down to the writing, and I'm just hoping that the writers manage to pull it off.

Yeah I can agree with you on that.