Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Big Jim hints at ...

Unlikeable Pony

random asshole or alpha bitch or new villain character?

I'm leaning against villain myself: I doubt they'd want to tip their hands their and hones to god villains appear so rarely in the show except 2 parters (which I doubt he'd be working on now, since the premier is almost certainly done and the finale won't be finished till later meaning he should be working on earlier episodes currently).

My best guess is another dragon since they're showing up this season and dragons tend to be jerks.

sig-4417620.1107019__safe_screencap_text

It would be nice if we get a villan who they'll actually have to kill otherwise she'll go all super sayan on people and then they'll have to get dragon balls to try revive all the dead people...wait what are we talking about again? XD But seriously though, someone needs to die.

Edited by AkiraLeeJounouchi
  • Brohoof 1

Sounds like he hinted at a specific episode, so I would think either just a random asshole/alpha bitch. If it were a villain, I would guess it is a villain that will go away and come back later. Similar to Starlight.

random asshole or alpha bitch or new villain character?

I'm leaning against villain myself: I doubt they'd want to tip their hands their and hones to god villains appear so rarely in the show except 2 parters (which I doubt he'd be working on now, since the premier is almost certainly done and the finale won't be finished till later meaning he should be working on earlier episodes currently).

My best guess is another dragon since they're showing up this season and dragons tend to be jerks.

sig-4417620.sig-4417620.1107019__safe_sc

Added a spoiler tag and tweaked the title a little.

Does anyone remember when Meghan McCarthy tweeted about there being 54 alicorns on season 5? Or was it season 4? I can't remember.

Anyway... After Starlight Glimmer and how she turned out... My expectations are low, low, low, low, lower...

Personally I hate these tweets and the hype machine they feed. Sure, it wouldn't be a problem if the cartoon kept up with expectations and the hype, but I don't think it does. So it's just annoying. In the end it's just going to be the old tirade of clichés the cartoon always does. Specially if it's one of its "epic" episodes.

• Brohoof 1

I´m betting on flutterbrother, announced a while ago, during S5 to be precise

It's Fluttershy's brother.

Dear Celestia I hope they don't turn Flutter's bro into an asshole, that would be such a waste of what could be an interesting character  :angry:

Maybe its Grogar? 

sig-4419953.tumblr_mdcxsd5grz1ru5991o5_1

Edited by Buck Testa

Dear Celestia I hope they don't Flutter's bro into an asshole, that would be such a waste of what could be an interesting character  :angry:

Maybe its Grogar? 

sig-4419953.tumblr_mdcxsd5grz1ru5991o5_1

IMO, they could've gotten Leonard Nimoy (R.I.P.) to be ^his VA, but for obvious reasons, that's no longer possible.

• Brohoof 1

I´m betting on flutterbrother, announced a while ago, during S5 to be precise

I'm backing this theory. It wouldn't surprise me if her brother was partly responsible for Fluttershy's social anxiety and timidity. He could quickly become Brony enemy #1 if this is the case.

Now that Diamond Tiara has reformed, the Crusaders need a new nemesis.  Maybe this is it?

Depending on his age and the context of his entry into the show Flutterbrother could possibly fulfill this role.

Dear Celestia I hope they don't turn Flutter's bro into an asshole, that would be such a waste of what could be an interesting character  :angry:

Maybe its Grogar?

Assholes can still be interesting characters of they're given enough exposure and motive. But Grogar could work too and he's the most likely old villain to return, certainly more than King Charlatan or Lavan.
  • Brohoof 1

Assholes can still be interesting characters of they're given enough exposure and motive. But Grogar could work too and he's the most likely old villain to return, certainly more than King Charlatan or Lavan.

I'm just saying they have a REALLY bad track record with one dimensional alpha bitches, pre reformation Diamond and Season one Gilda being prime examples. If they wasted Fluttershy's brother on one of these tired and ill conceived character types it would be SO bad. I'd rather him have ANY other personality type than that. 

And yes, I'm hoping for Grogar to return, if not this season than in the movie. 

I'm just saying they have a REALLY bad track record with one dimensional alpha bitches, pre reformation Diamond and Season one Gilda being prime examples. If they wasted Fluttershy's brother on one of these tired and ill conceived character types it would be SO bad. I'd rather him have ANY other personality type than that. 

And yes, I'm hoping for Grogar to return, if not this season than in the movie.

True, when I spoke of assholes being interesting I was thinking of great villains like Darth Vader and Tywin Lannister(not realistically applicable to MLP but great nonetheless). If Flutterbrother is a rehashed Gilda I will be very disappointed. I'd like to think the writing has improved a little since season 1, especially where a main character's sibling is concerned. If he can be shown as an antagonist with some genuinely decent back story while also posing a real treat that could be cool in my opinion.

I personally want to see Arabus and Zeb, but a good version of them not the ones from Gen 1 that were lame. Two reasons: First, we've never seen an elemental sort of villain like him and 2) his assistant Zeb would finally show another zebra in the show. Possibly shed some light on Zecora's past as well. But it's a long shot I'll admit.

I'm backing this theory. It wouldn't surprise me if her brother was partly responsible for Fluttershy's social anxiety and timidity. He could quickly become Brony enemy #1 if this is the case.

I think they've mentioned he's the younger brother, but that's OK, since FiM usually twist many clished plots, like the mayority is always right, I think it's perfect they deal with a younger sibling bullying towards the older. Yeah, I understand yous skeptisism, but younger sibling bullying the older sibling is 100% real, and I've been victim of it in fact 

I think they've mentioned he's the younger brother, but that's OK, since FiM usually twist many clished plots, like the mayority is always right, I think it's perfect they deal with a younger sibling bullying towards the older. Yeah, I understand yous skeptisism, but younger sibling bullying the older sibling is 100% real, and I've been victim of it in fact

It's believable. One good example of such a character is Azula from Avatar. She bullied her older brother Zuko and was able to manipulate him through sheer cunning and malice.

If I had to predict Flutterbrother's reasons and modus operandi as a villain... I would say it stems from a disdain for his sister's lack of flying skill and his willingness to take advantage of her compassionate nature and torment her social weaknesses(sounds like a nice guy right?). The fact that she spends most of her time on the ground and has helped in saving Equestria numerous time might also contribute to his bitterness and jealousy. He could also have a bad history with Rainbow Dash as a bonus that leads to conflict between the three.

That or he might just be a regular jerk.

True, when I spoke of assholes being interesting I was thinking of great villains like Darth Vader and Tywin Lannister(not realistically applicable to MLP but great nonetheless). If Flutterbrother is a rehashed Gilda I will be very disappointed. I'd like to think the writing has improved a little since season 1, especially where a main character's sibling is concerned. If he can be shown as an antagonist with some genuinely decent back story while also posing a real treat that could be cool in my opinion.

I personally want to see Arabus and Zeb, but a good version of them not the ones from Gen 1 that were lame. Two reasons: First, we've never seen an elemental sort of villain like him and 2) his assistant Zeb would finally show another zebra in the show. Possibly shed some light on Zecora's past as well. But it's a long shot I'll admit.

They'd have to do a big overhaul on their character designs but it could work 

They'd have to do a big overhaul on their character designs but it could work

Grogar, like Tirek, is already pretty threatening in his appearance which also has the benefits of being simultaneously simplistic and distinctive. Aside from some flash based polishing and streamlining there isn't much that needs to be fixed. Especially since too much change could reduce his nostalgia factor. Arabus is just a cloud so he'd need something done to look more threatening and his mannerisms would need to be improved from just saying 'Golly good show!'. >_> As for Zeb, his whole hollywood manager look would best be scrapped. I think something along the lines of a shaman or warlock could work.

If Flutterbrother was as menacing as any of these guys it would be comically absurd. He'd have to be some sort of pony Lex Luthor to pull that off which would be all the funnier when compared to his sister.