Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"The Magic Inside" Nominated for Daytime Emmy

Dark Qiviut

Earlier today, the Daytime Emmys released nominees for specific categories. The Magic Inside from The Mane Attraction is nominated for Outstanding Original Song in a non-drama series.

The Daytime Emmy website is currently down, but they published a PDF of all the nominees. (Thanks, mrx1983 from EQD for finding it.) The Outstanding Original Song (Non-Drama) category is in page 105.

The Magic Inside is extremely inspirational. It crosses the boundaries of pony and emotionally captivates the audience through its lyrics and score. It's not one of FIM's best songs for no reason. Ingram deserves to win an Emmy; hopefully, he gets it this time.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 9

These award shows tend to either ignore MLP outright, or give the award to a clearly inferior product. I doubt the judges even listen to anything submitted under the My Little Pony name, and just assume it's garbage.

In my opinion, MLP should have been at least nominated for:

Outstanding Children's Animated Program

OUTSTANDING PERFORMER IN AN ANIMATED PROGRAM

Outstanding Casting for an Animated Series or Special

Outstanding Writing in an Animated Program (like friggin seriously? No noms for writing?)

Outstanding Music Direction and Composition

But of course, since MLP is a show for girls, it must be shit, so let's just ignore it.
Edited by EquestriaGuy

Hey, people second-guess stuff all the time.

If Trey Parker and Matt Stone can win one for four foul-mouthed children playing World Of Warcraft (2007 Emmy, Outstanding Animated Program), then why can't a bunch of animated ponies have one too?

Heck, we could win it without a single fart joke.

• Brohoof 2

YESYESYESYESYESYES

Holy crap, this is awesome news!! I love this song so much and I thought it was absolutely beautiful. It definitely deserves to win in my opinion. After The Mane Attraction came out, I was actually thinking about the idea of the song getting an award of some sort. I knew it would probably never happen, but I guess I was wrong. I really hope it wins. It'd give MLP a good image and more people might even consider watching the show or at least respect the show.

• Brohoof 1

Out of all the nominees, I think this song was the most meaningful. The other nominees aren't bad though to be honest. Even if The Magic Inside doesn't win, it's awesome to see that it at least got nominated.

• Brohoof 2

|

Hey, people second-guess stuff all the time.

If Trey Parker and Matt Stone can win one for four foul-mouthed children playing World Of Warcraft (2007 Emmy, Outstanding Animated Program), then why can't a bunch of animated ponies have one too?

Heck, we could win it without a single fart joke.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

I could say "yes" until the end of time.

• Brohoof 2

That song is incredible. I just wish it was a bit longer, but DAMN is it good. I could listen to it for hours.

I really hope that it wins :)

These award shows tend to either ignore MLP outright, or give the award to a clearly inferior product. I doubt the judges even listen to anything submitted under the My Little Pony name, and just assume it's garbage.

Outstanding Writing in an Animated Program (like friggin seriously? No noms for writing?)

But of course, since MLP is a show for girls, it must be shit, so let's just ignore it.

Hey, its my job to be pessimistic and yours to be optimistic here, Lets not go messing with the natural order.

• Brohoof 1

In the past years MLP was nominated for the Emmy, yes it didn't won, but perhaps was either the competion was hard or the songs were not so good "Find a Pet" and "The Pony Everypony should know".

Also I really don't think that the Emmy are complete ignorants at comparation of other academies (coff Oscars).

Now talking about the song's nomination.

It is totally deserved, and also to win, from all the songs of season 5, thry choose the correct one, The Magic Inside is inspirational, sentimental and beautiful, I have no more words to describe this song.

To be honest, I heard the other songs competing against The Magic Inside and the only main competion is True Bromance from All Hail King Julien, and probably We are gonna space die of Turbo Fast, the other two are meh, for pre scholars.

I hope MLP wins this, they totally deserve it, this can shut up many people judging that MLP is for girls, a bad show, etc.

Let's just wait for the ceremony.