Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Best Video Game Soundtracks

Discordian

(edited)

My favorites are these (oh and by the way that halo post reminds me of the 90's kid post it's so extreme halo-fanny)

My favorite is honestly Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. Mainly for "Anthem of Braves."

2. Homefront (The game is so underrated, but the soundtrack is definitely the best part)

3. Halo 3

4. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

5. Team Fortress 2

6. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2

Edited by Twilly F. Sniper

If I had to choose, Mega Man 3. Mega Man soundtracks usually kick serious ass, and Mega Man 3 is by far my favorite.

I love that soundtrack.  Especially the Snake Man and Spark Man stage themes...  And...  Pretty much all the others, too lol.  Also my fave Mega Man game of all time.

Though my FAVORITE video game soundtrack evuh is:

Mother 2 (Earthbound)

And the utterly different:

• Brohoof 2

I personally really love the music to Skyrim. I really love the theme, and the title theme is epic as well. It's all especially cool to play with the music and everthing on my surround sound system. Makes the game 20% cooler.

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

2. Shadow of the Colossus

3. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

4. The Witcher 2: Assasins of Kings

5. Dragon Age: Origins

There are so many soundtracks to video games that I like that it's hard for me to choose favorites, but here are some (but not all) of the ones I think are the strongest, in no particular order:

Deus Ex

Klonoa

Half-Life

Unreal

Jill of the Jungle

Yume Nikki

Portal 2

Cave Story is by far my all-time favorite. But others I like include Shadow of the Colossus, the Castlevania series, Professor Layton and Super Meat Boy to name a few.

The Medal of Honor franchise has the best game soundtrack, imo.

I very like listening to soundtracks for my favourite games and in my opinion one of the best game soundtracks is soundtrack for "The Witcher".

Just listen to this main theme:

For me it's just full of epicness and great atmosphere.

(edited)

Best video game ost? As in only one? Sorry can't do that. My favorite osts are from Halo (All of them but mostly Halo 2), Legend of Zelda (Minish Cap, Wind Waker, Link's Awakening), F-Zero X, Shovel Knight, Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros, Minecraft, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Metroid Prime, Army Men Sarge's Heroes, Pokemon (All of them) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Banjo Kazooie, etc. etc.

With the way my list was going I would have said almost everything I've ever played...

Edited by Ami Mizuno

I'll just post the DOOM 3 theme and a piece of the Medal of Honor: Frontline soundtrack.

(edited)

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for me, no doubt! Such a glorious mix of rock, jazz, metal, baroque and haunting ambience. Every area of the game had fantastic and unique music. Ahead of its time I dare say

Runner up: Metroid Prime  :wub:

Might have to change my mind when Crypt of the NecroDancer releases on steam next week though!  :yay:

Edited by Jaref
  • Brohoof 1

Metal Gear, Metroid, Okami, Bayonetta, MadWorld, Anarchy Reigns and Zelda has my favorite video game soundtracks. Which is only fitting for such great games.

Excuse me while I have another Metroid Prime memory trip.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Still one of the best final boss themes of all time. I love the Baten Kaitos soundtrack. I honestly don't remember if I mentioned it earlier in this topic but this series ranks at the top as well.