Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Best Video Game Soundtracks

Discordian

Deaaaaaaar gooooooooood yeeeeeeees. Cannot doubt that.

This is pretty much the only reason I am still a Sonic fan. They ALWAYS have amazing music.

I've been a Sonic fan since the Dreamcast days, and I'm still rocking hard today!

You should really try getting back into the series again, just saying, Sonic Generations and Lost World are really good games.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The Kingdom Hearts series has some amazing music. Especially the games post-KH II when she started composing more orchestral.

I know, I've posted that one to death, but it's just that good! I LOVE the English horn!

There are many for me to choose from. Most of my favorite music is from video games.

Ones I feel I must mention would be F-zero Snes (I love all music from any F-zero but the SNES version holds a place in my heart)

Also the Pheonix Wright soundtrack really grabbed me by the grapes

• Brohoof 2

I have quite a few

anyone who has played Super Mario 64 loved this song. there is just a nice mixture of calm and adventure in it

there is a reason the main theme to this game is sad you just need to beat the game to understand why. I found out why and nearly made me cry because of it

this song brings back a lot of childhood memories and would be the song that plays when your getting completely screw over the only time I can remember it in the game is when Blackhawk 5 gets shot down and your getting hammered by enemy infantry and helicopters. and it plays when your reinforcements get completely destroyed leaving you to deal with a army of infantry and three battle tanks

I have played this game for 6 years and to this day it is my favorite MMORPG I even prefer this over World of Warcraft and there is just something I love about the main theme but I can't put my finger on it

that's really all I can think of off the top of my head

• Brohoof 1

The Kingdom Hearts series has some amazing music. Especially the games post-KH II when she started composing more orchestral.

I know, I've posted that one to death, but it's just that good! I LOVE the English horn!

I'm not normally a fan of pianos under any circumstances but Yoko really outdid herself when she started using them more in her music. A perfect combination of that and the violin make some of the best fights in KHII and BBS.

---

I can't get enough of the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack. Even though I haven't played the game in a few months I still listen to the soundtrack all the time.

• Brohoof 2

Hotline Miami soundtrack

I love this game's soundtrack so much! It fits the game's tone very well, and is great to listen to, even without playing the game.

I also really like the soundtracks of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Journey, The Walking Dead: The Game, The Last Of Us, Heavy Rain, Donkey Kong Country, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, and The Binding of Isaac.

Oh, and Katawa Shoujo's soundtrack; that has some lovely songs in it.

Edited by Blue Moon

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's not really a sound track but the 3DS and Wii U ambient songs. Like they're there someone made them to welcome you to your console everytime you start it up. The saddest song in the entire list though is this one:

It plays once and only once. When you buy a new 3DS or 2DS this song greets you as you set up or system. The song is quiet and out of the way and doesn't draw attention to itself. It is there, but not trying to be noticed as if it knows that it will play once and be silenced and forgotten once you finish. Edited by Panne

To this day, I feel like the soundtracks from the Super Nintendo games Donkey Kong Country 1,2, & 3 have the best music.

How do I put a youtube video in a post?  :blush: I'd like to share one of the songs.

Just copy the url and paste it into the message box.

Imo, these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19vQPM5u904

Quite enjoyable, even if you haven't played the game.

Edited by Rosemary
  • Brohoof 2