Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Best Video Game Soundtracks

Discordian

The orchestral soundtrack in Medal of Honor: Frontline.

Edited by Guest

Ugh..there's so many great ones to pick from. However, I think Skyrim would have to take the cake, I could listen to the music for hours. Also, Star Fox 64 has some pretty amazing tracks on top of it. I haven't played it, but the game Journey I believe recieved an award for the music it held, that's good stuff right there, props to the composers.

The Super Smash Bros. Brawl soundtrack is gorgeous and is the best soundtrack for a game. The music is the first thing that I found SSBB to be a good game.

Another soundtrack from a Medal of Honor game - the soundtrack for Medal of Honor: Rising Sun.

Almost every music from Donkey Kong Country 2.

Glowfish (an iOS game) has amazing soundtracks, but I can't find them on YouTube :(

Edited by Blobulle

• 2 months later...

I wanted to know what you guys think he best video game soundtrack is. In my opinion, Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time has the best soundtrack, but I'm a huge Zelda fan so that may have the bias virus attached to it.

• Brohoof 1

If Halo is not in your top 5, then your not a gamer.. Halo (all of them) were epic.

though, in my opinion,

1. Halos

2. Gears of Wars

3. Mass Effects

just the top 3, but other OSTs were epic too :)

• Brohoof 1

DOOM

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Mass Effect Trilogy

I have the soundtracks to these things and listen to them very often.

Some honorable mentions include: Star Fox, Vigilante 8, Donkey Kong Country, Crash Bandicoot, SimCity

Like I've said a million times, Megaman X gets my vote for the best soundtrack of all time(which includes movies, TV shows, plays, etc.)

Honorable mentions: Metal Gear series(notably Snake Eater) and Final Fantasy(notably FFVIII)

(edited)

There's so many great games out there, it's hard to pick just one! I could narrow it down to my top three, however. I'll put my favorite song from each game in there, too.

In no particular order...

-Halo 3's soundtrack, "Warthog Run".

-Gears of War 2's soundtrack, "Hope Runs Deep".

-Skyrim's soundtrack, "Dovahkiin".

I really do like 8-bit songs, but I feel that they're no match for an orchestra, so that's why there's no older games up there.

Edited by The Fortunato
  • Brohoof 1