Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Dawn of Heroes RP

Your Nightly Spectre

https://mlpforums.com/topic/150172-dawn-of-heroes-sci-fisuperhero/page-2#entry4464617

[i'm sorry, it has been quite a while since my last forum roleplay and in the meantime I've gotten used to other roleplay styles .-.]

The night was dark upon the city of New Tripoli, the streets empty of most but the crooks and villainy. Most honest folk didn't dare leave their homes for walks, and the only other life being the many various clubs nightclubs that shined brightly, filling the atmosphere with ever too loud music.

Jonathan scaled the lower level apartment buildings in the downtown region. Having been tracking a certain gang responsible for human trafficking that has been stirring serious problems to both the police force and ordinary citizens. His armor blended with the night as he hopped again, barely making the jump but still skillfully saving himself and climbing further.

Tonight was the day he was going to end the gang, after months of investigation a dark van reached his sight as expected. Suddenly, taking a leap down he quickly grabbed hold of his blade and activated it, the two solid plasma blades appearing and lighting up the area. Once they started to spin around the round handle his falling speed slowed until he was helicopter gliding.

His name was Nightlight, a notorious person known as a hero by the media and town people, the only recognized one in the city due to his catchy suit and helping out ordinary people. But whatever he did alone it wasn't enough and he had to prioritize peoples lives, and it was something that brought great pain and depression before him.

His boots hitting the top of the van with a loud thud and almost tripping Nightlight turned off his blade, surfing the car before kneeling down and grabbing on to the top. Normally this would have been a huge pain with wind resistance hitting his face but due to his full suit it was only a slight discomfort.

The drivers clearly didn't seem to care as much, falling silent for a moment before continuing driving, figuring the thud was just their imagination or a bird or something.

Keeping on going the van eventually went to the very borders of the huge city, to an old abandoned car factory. Seeing he was soon to be spotted either way Nightlight once more activated his blade before starting to cut the roof of the car, and then jumped off, cutting one of the tires and forcing the car to fall adrift and fall off the road while hitting the breaks.

Landing safely he looked upon the wreckage, having timed it perfectly for the car to hit one of the lamp posts near the road. Whoever was driving was knocked out... at least that was what he thought when one of the thugs came out, his head hurting and everything being wussy but noticing the hero of the city anywhere.

Giving out a couple of shots Jonathan simply spun his blades faster until it formed a make do shield, blocking the shots and approaching the thug slowly while he ran dry of ammo... And as he did with fear in his eyes Nightlight was in mele range and quickly grabbed his arm, guiding it away and delivering a firm punch at his face, knocking him out.

Then he moved his attention back to the factory, an old place, surrounded by old buildings from which few were inhabited which was visible by the miserable state everything was in.

Suddenly, the sound of safeties turning off hit him as several armored up men with heavy machine guns came out of the factory, one of them shouting. 'Look who came! The one and only Nightlight!"

Sighing and once more activating his blades the hero moved over to the main path to the factory, coming to face them face to face. In a very robotic and changed voice he spoke, taking a calm pose before them. "Then you know why I came... so make it easier for the both of us and nicely introduce me to your boss."

The thugs laughed, raising their guns and Nightlight quickly counted them... seven, heavily armed and wearing some sort of make do combat armor... they were clearly prepared for him coming but that wasn't going to stop him even if this was a trap.

Edited by The Spectral Spectre
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Vazquez had been on this gang of thugs all night. He was about to strike when he saw a familiar figure beat him to it. That armor, that tech, it could only be one person. Vazquez was able to tail the van to the factory, and saw the altercation between Jonathan and the thugs. 

Deciding he might as well make an entrance, Vazquez simply walked up in between Jonathan and thugs, saying, "Nightlight. Long time no see." 

Vazquez himself looked like a thug. He was wearing jeans, a simple white shirt, and a white bandana around his face. He was outright ignoring the thugs, focusing entirely on Jonathan.

Edited by crispy fries
  • Brohoof 1

Richard was peacefully walking home, using the various back alleys as shortcuts, when he heard a woman scream. He ran two investigate the noise and found a woman being attacked by two low life muggers. "Stay away from her!" commanded Richard.

The muggers turned to him and laughed, "what are you going to do if we don't?"

Richard smiled as he took off his jacket, revealing his wings. The muggers let go of the woman and start to back off. "we don't want any trouble."

Richard began walking towards them, "too late."

The woman ran up to Richard and thanked him for coming.

"Call an ambulance," he replied.

"I'm not that hurt chuckled the woman.

" Its not for you."

The woman ran out of the alley as the screams of two men filled the night

• Brohoof 1

Anastasija was slowly climbing a tower. Her stealth gear prevented anyone from seeing her movements. Man, this feels just like Assassins creed. Too bad their games suck now Thought the blond haired sniper as she continued up the rocky surface of the old tower. She has been hired by the government to kill off some criminals in the old factory, so she chose this tower since it was the closest and highest location to shoot from. She arrived at the top, and deactivated her stealth to allow it to recharge. The left eyehole in her mask started to glow golden, as she took position with her rifle. She aimed at the supposed hide out, but saw something surprising…

“Nightilght? Vazquez? Wh-“ Her eyes slightly widened when she realized she was talking with her voice changer. She has programmed it to sound like specter from the call of duty franchise. She used it for intimidation, and to hide the fact that she was a female. She regained focus, and aimed again. “Distance is approx 750 meters, ammo is railgun type so wind resistance doesn’t matter…” Muttered Anastasija to herself as she aimed for the thugs head. She saw that the two former allies where talking, but figured that focusing on the mission was top priority. So with a final inhale, she aimed, steadied and shot *BANG*

@@Love Doctor Blaze, @

Vazquez swore as a shot whizzed past his face and towards the thugs.

He looked towards where the shot had come from, and swore again when he realized who had probably fired it.

"What is this, a reunion?" he muttered. "Nightlight, I'd love to catch up, but I should probably deal with that."

Vazquez began to make a break for the tower, hoping Anastasija wasn't gone when he arrived.

@@crispy fries, @@Love Doctor Blaze,

"Vasquez.. What a pleasure to see you. " Nightlight bowed his head lightly before facing back to the thugs who were somewhat confused.

'Ai there, we were only expecting one perso-Agh'

A loud thud and the leading thug fell dead, falling back several feet behind himself from the powerful impact of whatever shot him... A Sniper. Turning around while the thugs were confused he quickly spotted her, Anastasija... he was unsure if she was stealthed or not but he most certainly had her heat signature.

"Yeah, you do that, Vasquez. I have a party to attend. " Activating his blade he ran at the thugs, he knew the machine guns here were too powerful of weapons and would break through his plasma shield, so instead he threw his blade at the first 5 thugs and it swirled around and boomeranged, cutting the weapons in half. Lunging in while the other gunmen were confused and dodging several bullets by doing so he got in mele range, and with his precise mind everything started slowing down as he skillfully plowed through the untrained criminals, going through one after another without stopping in one flowing move. In the meantime his blade returned to him and he threw it again along with the motion and rid the rest of the thugs of their weapons.

...It wasn't even 30 seconds and all of them were lying on the ground, unconscious while two dropped their guns and ran as fast as they could... normally he'd chase them down but he had his target inside the factory... and judging by the heat signatures, he was packing up and readying to leave.

Anastasija reloaded her gun, and aimed again. This time, she only saw Nightlight, which means... That Vasquez probably spotted her, and was on his way. She was at a loss on what to do. On one hand, she wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone and on the other, she didn't hate the guy... After a few seconds of thought, she decided to wait for him and hear him out

@@Love Doctor Blaze,

Vazquez reached the tower unharmed, which meant Anastasjia had either fled or didn't want to kill him. He was able to scale the tower easily, reaching the top quickly. 

Before anyone had a chance to say anything, Vazquez had rushed up to Anastasija and grabbed her by the neck, holding her off the edge of the tower.

"I heard that you ain't exactly been a good girl," he spat. "Gimme a reason not to fuckin' drop you."

@

Richard was flying in the sky when he saw two more lifes running out of an alley. They looked suspicious so he flew down in front of them

They stopped in their tracks, "great another freak" said one of them.

Richard didnt know what he was talking about, but he would find out. He backed them into the alley and they, with a little persuasion told him what he needed to know. He then broke several of their ribs and dislocated their knees. He grabbed them and flew them to where they had run from. Richard smiled when he saw Nightlight surrounded by beat up low lifes. "These yours?" Mist asked as he dropped the thugs in front of Nightlight.

@@crispy fries,

Anastasija wasn't surprised by his sudden movements. In fact, she knew it was going to happen because of her powers. She looked down from the tower, it was a pretty long drop. "Go ahead. We both know this drop won't kill me" She was holding a flashbang, and was ready to detonate it, but she couldn't bring herself to it. "As for an excuse, well i don't have any." Anastasija was devoid of emotion when speaking. Ever since their group member died, she has lost the will to care anymore. She hoped that a former ally would spark something in her, but seems like that wasn't the case. "I'm sorry" Muttered Anastasija when she finally got the wilpower to detonate the flashbang. Once he was blinded, she jumped of the building  and latched onto the side. She quickly activated her steal, along with a hologram that was still falling down the building to confuse him.

@@Love Doctor Blaze,

The flashbang caught Vazquez off guard, and when he regained consciousness, Anastasija was gone. He saw a glimpse of what looked like her falling, but he couldn't be sure if it was her or just a trick. Vazquez put his fist through a wall in frustration and began to head down to the lower levels of the tower.

@@Love Doctor Blaze,

The flashbang caught Vazquez off guard, and when he regained consciousness, Anastasija was gone. He saw a glimpse of what looked like her falling, but he couldn't be sure if it was her or just a trick. Vazquez put his fist through a wall in frustration and began to head down to the lower levels of the tower.

Anastasija began slowly sliding down the tower. However she wasn't sad anymore, nor was she depressed. She was downright furious, dissapointed and maybe just a tad bit hurt. She felt the place he held her, and got even more angry. If this is how he treats old allies... Then i'll show him how much of an "Ally" He is to me. Thought Anastasija as she dropped down from the tower.

@@Love Doctor Blaze,

Vazquez was able to get to the bottom of the tower about as quick as he had reached the top. He still couldn't be sure whether Anastasija was still around, so he needed to stay on his toes. 

"C'mon!" yelled Vazquez. "Don't think I don't know what you've been up to!"

@@Dapper Charmer,

Just before he begun moving he saw the two villains drop down broken and Gargoyle appearing.

"Why yes, I was just looking for them. "

His mind was split and multitasking as so many other things begged for his attention, and the simple mission turned oh so much more complicated. Looking up he saw Vazquez's struggle with Anastasjia which annoyed the hell out of him but he somewhat understood it.

"Gargoyle, Vazquez has gone mad and could you stop him from getting hurt or killing our old friend Ana? I got some business inside and I should be done with it quick if everything goes according to plan. " 

And with that said he didn't bother as much for a response and started running towards the factory, activating his blades and floating up quickly to the level the boss target was... and five other thugs. Breaking in through the window he immediately got to the action throwing his blade and cutting over two more blade barrels and in the meantime landing a kick at one of the thugs, grabbing his gun and shooting the remaining handguns in the room while in the meantime his blade returned to him. The boss, wearing a nice suit was scared clearly, cowering before his men without being able to utter a word. 'Kill him kill him!' He then screamed at his bodyguards... tough tall meaty dudes, would have been a problem if I weren't the better armed person who had the full chance of winning.

"You know, George, I was expecting more of a trap. "

The criminal then gave a very scared fake smile.

'I was expecting you to come in through the main door or at least come in slower...'

I chuckled, which came out incredibly creepy through the voice changer.

"Yeah, well. I kind of noticed the twenty armed men downstairs and figured I wasn't in a peoples mood today... either way, lovely office." I looked around and the atmosphere somewhat loosened out for a second before I activated my blade again and begun walking over to the boss at a quick pace, grabbing him by the throat as he stood helplessly, his guards not daring make a move. "Now, you gentlemen, go over to that corner and stay there. " I pointed and then dropped the boss and gave him a punch in the jaw, breaking it and knocking him out in the meantime once he fell to the floor. Finishing it with a powerful stomp on his rib and breaking hopefully most of them I simply took the door out...

...I came out several minutes later, panting lightly, the twenty men behind me piled up unconscious and heavily beat up while the police cars neared the area and several of the factories prisoners came running out to the safety of the police who quickly surrounded the area. I nodded at the head officer and simply walked away to supervise what escalated while I was away....

@@crispy fries@@Dapper Charmer,

Anastasija heard his old ally saying how "He knew what you've been up to" She shook her head. Arrogant people piss me off... But i guess i can't blame him. He is blinded by the so called justice, just like i was once. Instead of trying to knock him out with a stun bullet, she decided to simply walk away. If this was his first reaction of her after six years, then she wanted nothing to do with him. She saw Richard next to Nightlight's previous location, and decided to go there. Turning off the stealth once out of eyesight from Vazquez

High above the clouds, over the city of New Tripoli, flew the craft "Chariot." Tucked inside, lying on his stomach, was its pilot. His scanners swept the city, not for voice chatter specifically but rather transactions, deals over the phone were merely one form of that. Whether it was a scam, a setup, a raw deal, whenever someone engaged in business chicanery without being completely forthcoming with their business partner, he would simply log a scrambled ID anonymous tip with the police.

"These jackasses ruining the rep of actually honest businessmen." He said just to himself. An alert came upon his screen. One of the tips he placed had resulted in a standoff. The white collar crooks were now in a shoot out with the police. He smiled to himself. With a couple of flips and switches he heard the engines on his own back flare up. The cockpit opened and he was launched into the clouds. Spreading his mechanical wings, the pilot's form was revealed to the sky.

His armor was made in the style of the naked male form, gold and white. Almost appearing to be made of gilded marble rather than any form of metal alloy. His mask was a bronze, crowned face plate, the likes of which worn by Alexander the Great. 

"Liars, manipulators, and scoundrels, your deceptions shall be brought to light, by HELIOS!" He said as he dove for the crime in progress.

@@Love Doctor Blaze,

Richard spread his wings and was about to fly up and stop the fight between Ana and Vazquez, when he saw that the fight had stopped and Ana was coming towards him. He folded his wings and smiled at her, "Hey Ana, long time no see," he said happily. He pointed to the place where she had come from, "what was all that about with Vazquez?"

@@Dapper Charmer,

At first, Anastasija was a bit cautious around him. But as soon as he spoke up with geniune friendliness, her worries evaporated. "Hello Richard! As for Vazquez... I would rather not talk about that." She swung her rifle over her shoulders "How have things been?" Asked Anastasija casually, trying to keep the fact that she was a mercenary that has done some... Unforgivable things a secret 

@@Love Doctor Blaze, @@Dapper Charmer,  

Another criminal safely put away, Helios was high above, scanning, when he picked up familiar voices on the chatter. Zooming in he saw Gargoyle and Anastajia. A smile breaking out across his face he fired out of the Chariot and dove for the group. With the (completely neccesary) three point or "superhero" landing making a crack in the pavement outside the warehouse, he stood up and walked toward his friends, arms outstretched.

"Friends!" He beamed, his armor lighting up the immediate area like a bonfire. "Long time no see."

@@Steel Accord, @@Dapper Charmer, @@Love Doctor Blaze,

The illumination of the armor caught Vazquez's attention, and he cursed once more when he saw both Helios and Gargoyle with Anastasija.

"Well, ain't this just a fuckin' reunion," he loudly said as he approached the three. "Helios, Gargoyle, do either of you know what our old friend Ana's been doing? Huh? Do either of you know about the mercenary work? About the crimes she's committed?"

The only reason Vazquez hadn't immediately attacked Ana was the presence of the other two.

@@crispy fries,

"Whoah, hey Vasquez is here too! What a reunion indeed. We should go grab a snack and catch up. If only Nightlight was here than we'd have the whole team back together." Helios said, not really hearing what Vasquez said about Ana's past activities since they separated.

@@crispy fries, @@Love Doctor Blaze, @@Dapper Charmer, @@Steel Accord,

"...Whole team." Nightlight walked over to the team, speaking as emotionally as his suit was showing, turning off his blade and putting it away to a magnet on his arm.

"...The team died six years ago." He eyed everyone, not even bothering to pull off his helmet and keeping on the voice changer. Walking over to Vasquez then and looking straight at him he suddenly delivered a firm punch at his face assisted by his suits exosceleton, almost knocking him into near unconsciousness and most certainly doing some damage. "...And you shouldn't speak bad of dead people... is disrespectful. "

Before anyone could try and restrain him he'd activate his plasma blade again to threaten anyone from trying. "Helios, Anastaszjia, what a pleasure. " He turned to the others and then turned off his blade, his threat ending and seeming to ignore the fact that he possibly could have fractured Vasquezes skull if he only punched a bit harder. "I see you made improvements to your suits. " Massaging his knuckles a bit he eyed over the edited armors of his companions, his technical nerd side coming up. "Speaking of suits and seeing everyone has been back in business I figured... Gargoyle... we should get you some sort of suit sometimes.  "

@@Steel Accord,@,@@crispy fries

Anastasija simply nodded at Helios. She hasn't really talked to him all that much, but she stil respected the guy for his rather open mind, and easy attitude. She was however happy to see Nightlight appear "Why hello there. Long time no see hmm? And yes, i did get new upgrades. How could you tell? Some sort of analyze device? Because the stealth is just a program that can't really be seen" Asked Anastisja, suddenly becoming a bit excited at the topic of new tech. She completely dismissed the fact that someone just got punched to oblivion.