general Do you consider your family as friends?

Member Berry

I genuinely do. I count my sister, my dad and my mother as friends. We've always been close and I enjoy being with all of them. A lot of people don't seem to really consider family as friends. People will say that you're forced to be friends but not really. I'm 25 I could easily move away and not talk to any of them. I choose not to.

• Brohoof 4

Um...well, they are my Family. For me, being part of a Family, means already more than just Friends.

They are my Family, not just Friends.

Friends is a step down for me. Like in an Importance scale.

I think i sound like a douche right now...i better stop now.

• Brohoof 1

I've mentioned it before, but my big brother actually IS my BBBFF. I totally understood Twilight's reaction when her brother was getting married. As for my mom and dad, they joke about how they see me much more often since I was married.

^_^

• Brohoof 1

Not really. Not to sound cold, but I do not consider my family my friends. Or at least my immediate family anyway. They get on my nerves far too often and I can't talk to them like I can my friends without them just blowing me off or making me feel even more anxious, not helped by the fact that most of them are workaholics who seem to consider working the most essential part life. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The way I see it, if you aren't friends, you aren't family.

I am very close to my family. My sister is one of my best friends. We hang out all the time.

My extended family is a different story. We get along most of the time, so it's not like I don't consider them family, but I don't care for most of them them in the same way I care for my good friends and immediate family. We don't always see eye to eye on a lot of things. Most of them are very conservative Christians, and I am an anarchist stoner punk. Can you see how we don't always get along? At least we do try to get along. There are a few of them I do consider friends and we see eye to eye on more things, but not all of them.

Edited by El Duderino
  • Brohoof 1

Yes :3 I'm really close to my mom and brother. My mom homeschooled my brother and I for 10 years. That time period really created a strong bond between us, because we were with each other 24/7. Now, I'm a full time college student and my brother has a job, but that bond is just as strong. I love them so much. ^^

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Kinda, but it's the other way around. I consider my friends somewhat a part of my family because I look out and care for them like they're my brothers and sisters. :)

To quote from Vin Diesel, 

"I don't have friends. I got family."

Edited by DJ Gumball

I differentiate between friends and family. I carry a different sort of respect to my family than i do to my friends, but for the sake of argument I'll say this. My big brother is also definitely my friend. As for the rest, well, i lost too much family for them to have anymore meaning to me.

My family is far from me calling them my friends. They have given me stress and expectations from me more than being supportive and "loving".

If anything, they're more like the enemies I wished I wasn't raised and having to deal with on a daily basis.

Nope... but I do consider my friends to be family oddly enough XD

Unfortunately there's nothing that makes me consider at least my immediate family to be friends. Parents for one, I can't be friends with someone who doesn't consider me their equal and I have no common ground with my siblings...

I genuinely do. I count my sister, my dad and my mother as friends. We've always been close and I enjoy being with all of them. A lot of people don't seem to really consider family as friends. People will say that you're forced to be friends but not really. I'm 25 I could easily move away and not talk to any of them. I choose not to.

There are certain family members I consider my friends, and some that are just family.

Tis too bad I can't see my family all that much anymore.

My brother, sister, mom, dad, and two of my cousins are all awesome friends.  We play video games together and get into some of the same fandoms and we'll just hang out sometimes just because.  Even though I'm less open with them about certain things (which is just because I can't talk to them via text), I do value my family much more than my friends, because in my experience, sometimes my friends leave or worse, but my family is always here for me, even when we're not getting along and hate each other's guts, my family sticks together and we look out for one another and we help each other and well...

We're a lot like the Apples, in some ways.

"We're Apples forever, Apples together, we're family but so much more. No matter what comes, we will face the weather, we're Apples to the core." :catface:

I'm very close to my family and consider all of them, to one extent or another, to be my friends (even best friends). I can count on them more than anyone and can be more candid and personal with them than I can anywhere else. I trust them totally and they have done more for me than can be expressed. 

Sure, everyone has their differences. You can't live your life or even spend any degree of time with someone without them getting on your nerves to some extent. That's just human behavior. But in the end, you always go back to the ones that love you most, and that's always been my family.  :wub:

• Brohoof 3

I don't so much consider my family as my friends, however, I do consider my friends as my family. I value true friendship a lot, so all my best friends are like my family :)

PS. I don't really relate to my actual family, so I can't really call them friends at all.

I'm afraid not necessarily. My sister and her husband are not individuals I can say I always want to associate with. I love seeing my nephew, sometimes I have to be a good aunt. But like right now, I don't even want to talk to them. Both of them post hateful stuff on FB, especially toward the LGBT community. My sister posted an image which directly implied that transgender women are just predators, and her husband later posted a status update claiming that transgender people are "freaks" going against God, because "God doesn't make mistakes". And now he's bragging about the Target boycott.

It all really upset me. How my sister ever came to be like this, I really don't know. We were not raised this way. I suppose she just blends in with whatever man she's with, and the last two have been hateful like this.