Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you say is the worst sin amongst the Seven Deadly Sins?

cider float

I'm going to say Jealousy is the worst sin of all. I did read somewhere it's the second worst sin among the Seven Deadly Sins, Anger being the third and Pride being the first. 

They're all great. I try and do em all everyday. :P

probably gluttony, so if they make laws about the sins they will ban mcdonalds.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say pride or envy. Probably because both of them can make people do bad things.

I'm going to say Jealousy is the worst sin of all. I did read somewhere it's the second worst sin among the Seven Deadly Sins, Anger being the third and Pride being the first. 

I think that the 7 deadly sins are not nearly as bad as some other things I can think of.

• Brohoof 1

Pride simply because it leads to so many other horrible things, just look at the various tyrant throughout history, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, the list goes on. It is true that many of them committed various other sins on the list, but the one that drove them to claw their way to power was pride.

I'd say Pride is the most deadlest sin. It creates so many problems, such as the following: descrimination, alienation, arrogance, selfishness and even potential death. For instance, a relitive's friend of mine had just left hospital and was told that they were not allowed to drive for a few days because he was too ill. However, they ignored this and drove anyway because they thought they were invincible and didn't care about braking the law. Later that day they pastout behind the wheel and crashed off the side of a busy highway. Regardless of risking their own lives, if they had turned onto oncoming traffic, they could have killed sombody.

A close second would be Greed, as war is great for business, along with other things: drugs, slaves, biological weapons, etc. I don't think Gluttony is as relevant as it was hundreds of years ago, so I'd say it's the weakest of sins (its still bad though.)

(edited)

I couldn't pick one.  None of the seven sins are bad in of themselves, it is rather the actions motivated by the sin that is the defining factor.  Any one of the sins might be the cause of something minor, or of something dreadfully grievous.  But equally, most if not all of them, can cause someone to take positive actions as well.

Edited by Concerned Bystander

(edited)

Out of Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, and Pride, I would have to list them from worst at number one:

1. Wrath — This and Pride were close, but I am going to say Wrath is worse because of the amount of both self-destruction and pain afflicted to others is greater than Pride, and Pride in some moderation is actually useful.
  2. Pride — Pride leads to an over-estimate of not only one's abilities, but their self-worth in relation to their equals. While some pride in a person is needed to feel a semblance of self-importance, an over-abundance is hazardous.
  3. Greed — "Hey, Rockefeller? Rothschild? Ever heard of the phrase 'greed is good'? You took it too far!" Not to talk politics, but Greed has destroyed many different civilizations. The Mongol Empire, the largest empire ever by a factor of two, wanted more land. They expanded. They got greedy. They fell. Greed compels, then consumes.
  4. Envy — This one and Greed were difficult to place as well, but Envy wins fourth because outright hatred for another person for something they have is pointless. "If you hate them so much for having this, why not get your own version of it?"
  5. Sloth — I would have placed this one higher up on the list, but considering the top four have single-handedly toppled empires, they won. Sloth is number five because when you "lazy out" or "goof off", everyone else has to bear the burden. A good example is the Navy SEALs during their "Hell Week" training. Each squad is given a ~800-pound log to exercise performing sit-ups. If one squad-mate fails to do his/her part, the other four have to lift their weight. Literally.
  6. Gluttony — This one only wins over Lust because as a person who grew up without a lot of things, including meals some days, I loathe seeing food go to waste.
  7. Lust — Unlawful sexual desires are hardly controllable, although they are certainly not permissible.

If anyone would like, they can message me for more elaborate details on why each of these are where they are!

Edited by Starfall_Quillwaver