Will the movie outdo Frozen?

ManaMinori

Of course the upcoming My Little Pony Movie can be as big a hit as Frozen was - If the movie has a good plot, good musical numbers, an important message for all and new characters that are as likeable as any of the current ones in the series.
I am not saying that it WILL be as good as Frozen but who knows it could be :)

LMAOOOOO that poster! Where did u find it or did u make it yourself? Cause it's funny and epic and amazingly well-done!

Oh, it's a real movie, didn'tcha know?  The only way you'll ever find it is to search "Frozen 2010 horror".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_%282010_American_film%29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvIzMJlICNo

Funnily enough Frozen the horror movie came out before Disney's Frozen, which is the only reason why they are able to share a title.  If Disney wants the title, they're gonna get it, but if the makers of Frozen 2010 tried to sue Disney for using their title, Disney would just give them the ol':

• Brohoof 3

Of course the upcoming My Little Pony Movie can be as big a hit as Frozen was - If the movie has a good plot, good musical numbers, an important message for all and new characters that are as likeable as any of the current ones in the series.

I am not saying that it WILL be as good as Frozen but who knows it could be :)

We have to wait and see, but I doubt it'll outdo Frozen

Any chance of the movie outdoing Thor?

Who knows, problem is, ponies vs superheroes... guess which's more popular :dash:

Except that Jem was a shitty film with no appeal or originality whatsoever, not to mention zero effort put in.

MLP will get a Certified Fresh if it's a good film. There's no agenda behind the critics like people claim.

I dunno about who worked in Jem, but sure they ain't celebrated FiM writers who left the show to work on the movie :dash:

It won't happen. Frozen wasn't just a big hit for a Disney movie, its message of hiding who you are and eventually embracing what makes you you really touched a very wide audience.Countless people relived their own struggles through Elsa's story and I still see discussions over what contemporary issue Elsa's story parallels. People are very passionate about it. And also...it's Disney. Calling Disney a media giant is an understatement; if major media/entertainment companies were a pantheon, Disney would more or less rule that pantheon. Anything they create will reach a huge audience. And no matter how many people were underwhelmed by Frozen, you just cannot argue that it was a massive worldwide success.

Ultimately, what will separate MLP and Frozen is this: people who like MLP will want to see the MLP movie and be excited for it. But Frozen isn't just attracting frozen fans, it's attracting Disney fans. Disney has been around since 1923. They have been releasing top grossing and quality films for generations, much longer than Hasbro. There are Disney fans who have been fans since the 40s and 50s who still see Disney flicks in theatres. There's just no way MLP can touch that.

Maybe, but one thing's for certain: It'll upstage the entire Equestria Girls series put together.

guardians_of_harmony_by_mingraine_d8yfx5

And the post-credits teaser will reveal plans to upstage the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I would love to see a MLP cinematic universe similar to WB's Lego universe. Who wouldn't want a solo Pinkie film?

Yes. Just yes. This is a personal opinion so don't get mad, but... yes it will. I have never liked anything more than MLP. Well, maybe Doctor Who It's just awesome! Anyway, I think The mop 2017 film will be much better than the Frozen movie. Sure it was good... but doesn't have this AWESOME FANDOM!!! Brownies are amazing people and should realize that the money a movie makes isn't the case. it's the Fans that make it awesome!  :rarity:

Yes. Just yes. This is a personal opinion so don't get mad, but... yes it will. I have never liked anything more than MLP. Well, maybe Doctor Who It's just awesome! Anyway, I think The mop 2017 film will be much better than the Frozen movie. Sure it was good... but doesn't have this AWESOME FANDOM!!! Brownies are amazing people and should realize that the money a movie makes isn't the case. it's the Fans that make it awesome! :rarity:

No doubt, but this thread is about the box office.

Of couse not.

Heck, even comparing MLP to Disney is an apples and oranges situation (or at least kiwis and pears).

MLP will be a smaller movie, with a smaller fanbase, with a smaller distribution and smaller amount of advertisements.

Besides, I've NEVER (or is it seldom?) heard of a movie begat by a cartoon show (or even a TV show in general) being very successful at the Box Office.

The good news is that I think it'll at least make back its budget. Maybe even over if we're lucky. But it will NOT break any records (not even close).

• Brohoof 1

No, it wont.  It wont even come come close.  Disney films have a mainstream appeal that the MLP film will not have, this film will be unlikely to attract a lot of new viewers to the franchise, it will mostly be young girls (maybe a few boys) who watch the cartoon, accompanied by their parents (or at least one of them) and Bronies.

This film will not smash box office records, its degree of success will be measured on a whole different scale to films like Frozen.

it won't really matter to Hasbro as along as the merch sells well. the movie will be a fraction of what the merch makes. some perspective: the lion king grossed around 1 billion. the merch for it: 9 billion. probably not because froze n was new and fresh whether mlp is something people still know so its a matter of if you like it, watch it. if not, don't.

(edited)

No, it cant outdo Frozen. Disney fan can outnumber bronies. Disney is for anyone. FIM is for bronies, sadly...

This is pretty much it. Disney is a world-renowned mainstream entertainment company, and Frozen is a worldwide cultural phenomenon. MLP is rather niche, even with a fanbase that spans the globe, and the movie will pretty much be only viewed by little girls, their parents, and bronies. 

Edited by PacificNatsuDonkey
  • Brohoof 2

The MLP movie is just another TV to cinema adaption. There's no way it's surpassing Frozen.

Frozen grossed over 400 million dollars in the US alone.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It will outdo every movie ever to exist! MLP:FIM all the way!

I mean, yeah, theoretically it could be so awesome that it blows our minds (though we may be a bit biased, since we are already part of the fanbase) but there's practically zero chance financially that it will even come close to touching Frozen's (or any other Disney movie's) box-office numbers.

Edited by PacificNatsuDonkey

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

No, it cant outdo Frozen. Disney fan can outnumber bronies. Disney is for anyone. FIM is for bronies, sadly...

FIM is also for the target audience, remember? Little girls and their families are the priority! :D

Edited by foreverpeace94
  • Brohoof 1

Little girls and their families are the priority!

Little girls!? How do little girls can comprehend Twilight's Kingdom or Slice of Life? The last episode i thought suitable for "little girl" is Green isnt your color or season 1 at a whole  :please:  Our bronies community is a surpreme nation mua hahahahahaha   :proud:

Let's be honest people, Frozen is one of the highest grossing movies of all time and ended up making around 1.28 billion dollars in the box office.

The MLP movie is never going to make anywhere around that kind of money.

I doubt it will even make half or even a third of what Frozen made.

Zootopia is the real success of Disney now. It grossed a massive sum of money in its opening box office sales alone to beat Frozen. MLP may be able to compete as a well known and recognized brand as well as having an established fanbase with a large range of ages and nationalities. Good marketing will be a major factor in the success of the MLP movie in the end though so we can't make many predictions now.