What languages do you know or want to learn?

Mint Petal

I'm Swedish, so english is not my mother-language... However, I'm REALLY good at english to be honest, yes I like bragging about that. I got an A in it, aswell as a real lot of money for being so good at it, when I graduated from high-school.

I also used to know some German, I was very good at that aswell, but I've stopped reading it at school, and I've forgotten most of it by now, but if I would take more german classes it would probably all come back I guess... But I don't have much reason to take any more german classes. A sentence I will never forget however, is below... it's a long story.

I'm not really interested in knowing any other languages, I guess it would be somewhat useful to know Russian, or Hebrew, or Greek.... But it would take too much time to learn all of that.

"Ich bevurzuge käsewürstchen"

It means: I prefer small, cheese-filled sausages"

I can do small talk in French and Spanish alright, but not much more than that, and next year in High School, I'm going to be taught German, though what I really really really want to learn is Sign Language.

I already can fingerspell and say basic words like Hello, Please and Thank you in my country's sign language (New Zealand Sign Language, actually an official language over here in NZ), but I want to learn more. I have a goal to learn NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) fluently and my hands to speak instead of my mouth, for I have some troubles with speaking to others.

Edited by Budding Night

• 6 months later...

I'm a native Dutch speaker, tough i'm pretty fluent in English (obviously) and i can speak a bit German and French.

I'd really love to learn Japanese some day tough. Or Spanish.

• Brohoof 1

I speak english and spanish, i can understand italian most of the time, and Portuguese a good amount, but I really want to learn german, ive been told since i can speak english well german wont be so hard

I speak English (obviously) but no, I don't speak any other languages even a little bit, and I'm not really interested in learning one.

I don't want to sound like one of those obnoxious Americans who think we're completely superior to the rest of the world and that everyone else should learn our language. That's not it at all. It just seems really, really difficult and it's not something that really interests me.

If I were to learn one, it would probably be Spanish, just because it would be the most useful for me.

I can speak a bit of French :D 

Salut, mon nom est ghostfacekiller39! Rarity est mon Waifu! :D

Of course, I have a lot of trouble *saying* it. It's a fascinating language that I've been meaning to learn for quite some time now :D

Just lemme say, learning a second language is hard :(

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

I know both English(my father's language) and Spanish(my mother's language),but i have quite a good knowledge of more languages...

Per example,I have currently a good level at German and Japanese,and i'm now with a middle knownledge of italian.

I wanna know lots of languages because no one knows when are they going to be useful :3

• Brohoof 1

I want to master french, so I can traverse through the majority of the countries located in Africa, perhaps pick up a diamond or two on the way back home.

I know a bit of Spanish, since I used to learn it at an old school.

I'm also teaching myself Japanese, but I only know katakana so far... :P

Edited by Sawk

Other than my native language English, I've learned Japanese, German, Chinese, and French to at least some extend, though I only have any real competency in Japanese and French.  (I'm actually going to Quebec this summer to hone my French skills!)

I'd be really interested in learning Russian, Italian, and Wolof (an African language of Senegal) in the future though.

私が読んで、日本の書き込みが、私は非常によく、それを話すことができないことが

But I'm finishing up learning Japanese and the next language I would like to learn is italian.

Edited by Digit
  • Brohoof 1

I know english? thats a foreign language huehuehueuheuh....

I also know a little german and norweigan ( not that norweigan is only a tiny bit different than swedish so it doesnt count)

Expanding my german would be kinda fun tho

English is my native language. I want to get back into Japanese (I've gotten bloody rusty over the last year), and learn German for real (I picked up a small vocabulary and a minuscule amount of grammar from listening to German music, but I have never taken it, so I can't speak it). I wanted to learn Gaelic (and still do), but rage quit the first time I tried. A part of me wants to learn Icelandic so I can read the Eddas and Sagas untranslated, but more than that I want to learn Dutch because I have some Dutch heritage. I like the sound of Slavic languages, so while I do not really want to learn Russian, it would be cool to know a couple of phrases.

It would also be fun to learn Tagalog. 

Edited by Frith is Magick

I know Spanish and English (Spanish is supposed to be my first language but honestly I think it's English since I'm forgetting how to even spell in Spanish and how to say certain words that I can say better in English and in fact I like using English more) but I would love to learn French, Italian, & Japanese .-.

post-26202-0-93679200-1398186539.gif