Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Waiting for PonyTown to get working again.

Rizzy

Hey there everypony! I hope that most of you knows about the PonyTown game (town.aggie.io) and that the server is down at the moment. Who's waiting eagerly for this game getting fixed to play it again? What do you guys think: is this game worth the wait or not and what must be added in future updates?

• Brohoof 1

If you don't mind me asking, what is Ponytown?

It's a brand new game that lets you make a pony and socialize! It's also super laggy as HELL and there can easily be a thousand users on screen at once. Probably why the server went off. xD That pony in his profile pic is one made in game.

• Brohoof 1

I heard about it but as soon as I tried to play it, it was offline. Too bad, I was excited, still am to be honest. Hopefully it gets working again soon.

• Brohoof 1

PC. It's really just it's own thing. 2d basic socializing game with ponies. There's really not much to do on it, except use a (very) basic character editor and chat. Depending on the traffic, you can expect your chat bubble to show up immediately or two minutes from when you hit enter.

It's a decent concept, just needs some work.

So, is this for the Minecraft server?? Is it for Pocket Edition or PC?

This is not a minecraft server. It's a hangout game for bronies.

On the creators deviantart it says there's a new link and they had to close it for a few days because spam somehow found its way to the game. Its not down forever they just did a big overhall to make the servers better but there's still issues. I heard the game will be up really soon though. There's now a sfw server with restrictions and the do whatever server. I've been really wanting to play this game but when I found out about it, it was down

• 1 month later...

PC. It's really just it's own thing. 2d basic socializing game with ponies. There's really not much to do on it, except use a (very) basic character editor and chat. Depending on the traffic, you can expect your chat bubble to show up immediately or two minutes from when you hit enter.

It's a decent concept, just needs some work.

So basically a very basic thing like Club Penquin is?

• 1 month later...

The servers are stable now and, out of morbid curiosity, I registered an account.  Seems like a lot of Undertale and/or Homestuck fans hanging out and RPing most of the time so I never hang around for more than a minute or two.

Has anyone else from the forum given Ponytown a try yet?  @@Time Shield is the only person I have recognized so far.  I pop up randomly once or twice a week using the same username I have on this site. If anyone happens to see me, feel free to say hello. 

Edited by J. Brony

The servers are stable now and, out of morbid curiosity, I registered an account.  Seems like a lot of Undertale and/or Homestuck fans hanging out and RPing most of the time so I never hang around for more than a minute or two.

Has anyone else from the forum given Ponytown a try yet?  @@Time Shield is the only person I have recognized so far.  I pop up randomly once or twice a week using the same username I have on this site. If anyone happens to see me, feel free to say hello. 

I play sometimes and yes the amount of undertale fans is amazing also have you seen the pony statues where they make there pony look like a statue then stay in one spot?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Taking into account that the subject (the app's functioning hiatus), I believe this topic does not serve any further utility. Therefore, the thread shall be locked.

In case of any intention to continue discussing the subject, I'd recommend creating a topic in Sugarcube Corner prepared for worthwhile talk regarding the app in a non-junctural manner. Alternatively, a thread may be created in this section, but only if it's posted by its creator/s.

Have a lovely day now.

• The topic was locked