Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If there's a season 7, when will it air?

TheAnimatorOfficial

This is exactly I think FiM should end in 2020 because everything has it's time and cartoons who go on for too long become husks.

Good Lord, I hope it doesn't go on for that long! The series should end with the feature film. Most people agree that the show has been getting stale lately and has been suffering from seasonal rot ever since season three. I consider seasons 13 to be terrible, whereas seasons 4-5 were just downright fantastic! 

• Brohoof 1

To answer the main topic, I think either we'll get a short 13 episode season 7 before the movie, or a longer 26 episode one after, if we get a 7th season that is, which I honestly think we will.

seasons 13 to be terrible

Season 13? I thought I was keeping up with the show, how did I miss that many seasons?! I thought we were still on season 6.

Most people agree that the show has been getting stale lately

Most people? I don't know about that. I've seen some people saying that sure, but I've also seen plenty of people really enjoying this season, and even some considering it an improvement over 4-5. As usual opinions are somewhat split. I've personally been really loving it.

• Brohoof 1

Although, i have heard, that the series will have more than just 6 seasons.
It might be true, that cartoons lose in quality after too many seasons, the simple quantity over quality principle, and i thought so too, in season 5. But when i look at season 6, the quality is actually getting better now. Season 5 was kind of boring where as season 6 is actually more interesting when it comes to the regular episodes. So there surely still is potential. At least now.

Most people? I don't know about that. I've seen some people saying that sure, but I've also seen plenty of people really enjoying this season, and even some considering it an improvement over 4-5. As usual opinions are somewhat split. I've personally been really loving it.

^this
I agree.

To answer the main topic, I think either we'll get a short 13 episode season 7 before the movie, or a longer 26 episode one after, if we get a 7th season that is, which I honestly think we will.

Season 13? I thought I was keeping up with the show, how did I miss that many seasons?! I thought we were still on season 6.

Sorry. Meant seasons 1-3. I don't see season six as being an improvement over seasons 4 and 5 because most of the episodes this season have been meh for me. I hated "No Second Prances", but "Stranger Than Fanfiction" is the first episode of this season that I've actually enjoyed. 

Kay, I honestly don't see why there is so much doubt about the future of FiM. There will be a season 7 and there will be future episodes after that. No,  I don't have confirmation of that, but I really doubt it's just going to suddenly end. Especially not when it has the biggest following ever (it's even growing faster than Pokemon). What will depend on the future of the show, though, is the quality. If the key writers, editors and directors stay on it, then it'll still remain good. But, if they all start packing up or are just getting bored, then yes, the show will slip. But, I don't think it's just going to abruptly end so soon.

Sorry. Meant seasons 1-3. I don't see season six as being an improvement over seasons 4 and 5 because most of the episodes this season have been meh for me. I hated "No Second Prances", but "Stranger Than Fanfiction" is the first episode of this season that I've actually enjoyed. 

I don't necessarily see it as an improvement over season 5 either, since 5 is my favorite, but so far I've really enjoyed most of it. The worst any episode this season has been for me was just "Okay", while episodes like "A Hearth's Warming tail", "The Saddle Row Review", "Stranger than Fanfiction", and even "No Second Prances" which you said you hated were all some of my favorites so far.

Just goes to show how opinions on this show can really differ.

I don't necessarily see it as an improvement over season 5 either, since 5 is my favorite, but so far I've really enjoyed most of it. The worst any episode this season has been for me was just "Okay", while episodes like "A Hearth's Warming tail", "The Saddle Row Review", "Stranger than Fanfiction", and even "No Second Prances" which you said you hated were all some of my favorites so far.

While I,  on the other hoof, have really enjoyed season 6. Including Applejack's Day Off (which was apparently everyone's most hated episode). It was a lovely, slow paced slice of life episode. Apparently no one liked seeing an episode of a mundane day for a pony. It had to have some sort of excitement. Lol, anyway, season 6 is great. I think it's got the flack it's got, cause it happened to be right after season 5, which had a lot of extremely great and plot capping episodes (such as the CMC arc), as if it's hard for season 6 to live up to season 5. So far, my only issue with season 6, is them constantly reminding us, in every single episode she's in, that Starlight was a bad pony. Also, the first episode of the season, Twilight contradicted herself, when she said she's not one to dwell on the past.

• Brohoof 1

While I,  on the other hoof, have really enjoyed season 6. Including Applejack's Day Off (which was apparently everyone's most hated episode). It was a lovely, slow paced slice of life episode. Apparently no one liked seeing an episode of a mundane day for a pony. It had to have some sort of excitement.

I thought AJ's day off was an alright episode. The problem I've seen brought up most was how AJ's problem on the farm, with her not recognizing all the crazy stuff she was doing for no real reason anymore was taking up her time was over exaggerated. Which was probably done either to make it really obvious to kids, or for comedy or both, but I agree I think they took it a bit too far. Other than that though, I thought it was fun enough.

I think it's got the flack it's got, cause it happened to be right after season 5, which had a lot of extremely great and plot capping episodes

That makes sense, and pretty much every new season suffers from this to some extent. A lot of the criticism of season 3 stems from people thinking it doesn't live up to season 2, and a lot of the criticism I saw of season 5 also came from people feeling like it didn't live up to season 4.

Of course, there's plenty of other reasons people didn't like them too, but it's something I've noticed.

So far, my only issue with season 6, is them constantly reminding us, in every single episode she's in, that Starlight was a bad pony.

They did the same to Sunset in Rainbow Rocks, so certainly not a new problem. I get reminding us of it a bit, to show she's changed and feels guilty from her past, but I'm hoping the next time Starlight has a role they don't do it again, I think everyone's gotten the point by now. 

• Brohoof 1

Which is why I really loved the dialogue between Quibble Pants and Rainbow Dash in "Stranger Than Fanfiction." Left me thinking that maybe the writers have been lurking around here in disguise. I did really love "The Saddle Row Review," as I believe it can be hailed as the funniest episode of the whole series. 

• Brohoof 1

They did the same to Sunset in Rainbow Rocks, so certainly not a new problem. I get reminding us of it a bit, to show she's changed and feels guilty from her past, but I'm hoping the next time Starlight has a role they don't do it again, I think everyone's gotten the point by now. 

Yes, they did do that to Sunset, but the difference between her and Starlight, is despite the other girls blatantly pointing it out to her face pretty much, it was used as a plot device and that's okay. Starlight, however, there's absolutely no point I can see as to why they keep throwing her misdeeds in everypony's face. They barely even did that to Discord. They just showed him some distrust for a while, but didn't exactly go to such extremes with him. Half the time, he does it to himself, anyway, lol.

But yeah, season 6 is a really good season. Even AJ's Day off. And on that, I do see the whole pointing out her habitual flaw as too much, but that was more of a rehash on how stubborn that country pony can be. Rarity didn't really show her good side, either. And that's actually one thing I like about this show. They don't portray each pony as absolutely perfect. They show us that each of them also have their own flaw. It's just a matter of how they decide to poke at it.

• Brohoof 1

Like others have said, if there is a season 7, it will probably have 13 episodes like season 3. This is so the staff can still put more work/focus on the movie. The season would start early next year and end during the Summer as my guess.

And to be honest, it's probably best for the show to end after the movie. I mean, 7 seasons and a movie is a lot, especially if you count Equestria Girls. It's always good to end a show on a high note, instead of milking it and making people tired of it.

Edited by Heavy Magic
  • Brohoof 1

If there was a season 7 and with the movie coming out in October of next year, then the season would have probably become a half season of 13 episodes while they build up the hype for the movie, but its unlikely that it would be 26 episodes.

Its best just to wait and see.

If season 7 is a full 26 episode season, it would be nice to tie-up all loose ends on the show before the movie, and then end it there! Wouldn't be cool to end the show without finishing an arc. ;)

If season 7 is a full 26 episode season, it would be nice to tie-up all loose ends on the show before the movie, and then end it there! Wouldn't be cool to end the show without finishing an arc. ;)

And then what, leave the fandom?

And then what, leave the fandom?

The fandom will last! If MLP G5 is just as good if not better than G4 (even though that would be REALLY hard to do). Then again, the show might still last after then. I'm just saying, the show better not end without finishing all the arcs.

The fandom will last! If MLP G5 is just as good if not better than G4 (even though that would be REALLY hard to do). Then again, the show might still last after then. I'm just saying, the show better not end without finishing all the arcs.

Well, A new generation? As in start with something new (I.E. No Equestria)

As of now, I really do not want a season 7. I think the show has already reached its peak, and all it can do now is drop. 

Season 6 has been exceedingly lacking for me. We keep getting pointless gimmicks shoved down our throats in lieu of episodes with actual depth, and we're steadily seeing characters going backwards on their own development (i.e. Rarity in Spice Up Your Life). 

I said I would give the second half of season 6 a chance to turn my opinion around, and I am. But even if I do, I still can't help but feel that I'll most definitely consider it to be the worst season by far. Even if the show doesn't end with season 6, I'll likely wish it did. 

And besides, isn't it just about time for the show to end anyway? Even if you're still enjoying it as much as you ever were, are you really excited for more seasons of the mane six doing the same old stuff? Especially when you have Applejack, Pinkie, and Fluttershy simply going around and around in endless circles, while Rainbow Dash and Rarity make only marginal progress on their own goals, and while Twilight is still the only one who is consistently rewarded the most at the end of each season. 

How about instead of wishing that the show lasts ten years or longer, we just acknowledge that it's had a great run, (a run much longer than most cartoons are lucky enough to receive, I might add), and hope that it doesn't go the way of Spongebob, the Simpsons, or any other long-running show that has since become entirely unrecognizable from what it once was.  

• Brohoof 1

As of now, I really do not want a season 7. I think the show has already reached its peak, and all it can do now is drop. 

Season 6 has been exceedingly lacking for me. We keep getting pointless gimmicks shoved down our throats in lieu of episodes with actual depth, and we're steadily seeing characters going backwards on their own development (i.e. Rarity in Spice Up Your Life). 

I said I would give the second half of season 6 a chance to turn my opinion around, and I am. But even if I do, I still can't help but feel that I'll most definitely consider it to be the worst season by far. Even if the show doesn't end with season 6, I'll likely wish it did. 

And besides, isn't it just about time for the show to end anyway? Even if you're still enjoying it as much as you ever were, are you really excited for more seasons of the mane six doing the same old stuff? Especially when you have Applejack, Pinkie, and Fluttershy simply going around and around in endless circles, while Rainbow Dash and Rarity make only marginal progress on their own goals, and while Twilight is still the only one who is consistently rewarded the most at the end of each season. 

How about instead of wishing that the show lasts ten years or longer, we just acknowledge that it's had a great run, (a run much longer than most cartoons are lucky enough to receive, I might add), and hope that it doesn't go the way of Spongebob, the Simpsons, or any other long-running show that has since become entirely unrecognizable from what it once was.  

That's why I said one final season to finish all the arcs and tie up loose ends. No regular slice of life episodes that season. Just the season to wrap up storylines and unanswered questions. Then end it at the movie. I think that's good!

• 2 weeks later...
If Season 7 gets confirmed with 26 episodes, here's what I'd like to see:

• 3 Twilight Sparkle episodes

• 2 solo Applejack episodes (one with just her alone) (#5 and #22)

• 2 solo Pinkie Pie episodes (#17 and #23)

• 2 solo Rainbow Dash episodes (#11 and #20)

• 1 solo Fluttershy episode (#15)

• 1 solo Rarity episode (#13)

• 2 Mane Six episodes

• Another Twilight/Starlight episode (#14)

• 2 more Discord episodes (#8 and #24)

• 2 Cutie Mark Crusaders episodes (both without Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy) (#7 and #21)

• Another Pinkie/Fluttershy episode (#6)

• A Pinkie Pie/Crusaders episode (without Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, or Spike) (#16)

• A Princess Cadance/Shining Armor episode (#9)

• Another Fluttershy/Rarity episode (without Applejack, Pinkie Pie or Rainbow Dash) (#18)

• Another Spike/Rarity episode (#4)

• A Rainbow Dash/Applejack episode (without Pinkie Pie, Rarity or Fluttershy) (#19)

• Another Starlight Glimmer episode (#10)

• An episode with all the Mane Six except Pinkie Pie (#12)

The #'s, by the way, are just suggestions, not have-tos.

As far as I know it, they've made at least two movies and 52 episodes within two years. Unless we're not lucky, maybe they'll do it again with 26 more episodes and the movie by 2017. At this rate, I think the last Season 6 episodes should be finishing up production and preparing to broadcast in October.

Edited by FirePuppy