Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If there's a season 7, when will it air?

TheAnimatorOfficial

If they make 26 episodes for the next season and air in March and continue without breaks(like season 4 did), it would end in September, just one month before the movie.

I would like to think they will start Season 7 in the spring. I'm guessing it will be 13 episodes, just like Season 3. This will help keep the G4 merchandise selling while Hasbro finishes the movie.

As for continuity, I think Hasbro will just make sure the movie takes place sometime after Season 7, but the two won't be very intertwined.

• Brohoof 1

I would like to think they will start Season 7 in the spring. I'm guessing it will be 13 episodes, just like Season 3. This will help keep the G4 merchandise selling while Hasbro finishes the movie.

As for continuity, I think Hasbro will just make sure the movie takes place sometime after Season 7, but the two won't be very intertwined.

What about Season 8? And I think Season 7 Shouldn't be cut in half

Do you think they can squeeze in a shortened season before the Movie comes out? Or should they wait until 2018?

And do you think the continuity will continue from the movie?

Maybe in 2018, We could see Season 7 and 8.

I am thinking early 2018. The big movie will definitely be taking up the spotlight for next year, with the Equestria Girls film coming before that. Having an entirely new season next year might be a tad crowded.

• Brohoof 1

What about Season 8? And I think Season 7 Shouldn't be cut in half

If there is a Season 8, I do hope that it does continue on from the movie.

I am thinking early 2018. The big movie will definitely be taking up the spotlight for next year, with the Equestria Girls film coming before that. Having an entirely new season next year might be a tad crowded.

That's a big reason why I think the season will be shortened if it does air in 2017. It'll give the fans a breather, and it will also make things easier for any cast and crew that are working on both the series and the movie.

Until we gets some actual news on a season 7, I don't really think we will be getting one.

Unless it comes after the movie.

Don't be so sure:

1-Hasbro don;t tend to announce a new season unless the current one is at least close to ending

2-It'll build more hype for the movie

3-If they release S7 early next year, there's plenty of time to finish it before the movie if they follow a similar schedule as this season

Don't be so sure:

1-Hasbro don;t tend to announce a new season unless the current one is at least close to ending

2-It'll build more hype for the movie

3-If they release S7 early next year, there's plenty of time to finish it before the movie if they follow a similar schedule as this season

Season 6 was announced shortly before season 5 even started airing.

And shows like Star Vs were renewed for a second season before season one was done airing, and renewed for a third season before season 2 even premiered.

Let's do some simple math ^_^:

We have 14 episodes left in the 2nd half of season 6. If all episodes air without any breaks or interruptions, then the 2 part finale should land on October 22, 2016. That's 13 straight weeks of pony goodness  :wub:. History states that we will have some breaks in between episodes though (especially with EQG 4 airing October 1), so I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro tried to extend the season to sometime in November or even December.

My best guess as to when Season 7 will air is sometime around Spring to early Summer 2017 (so as to not keep us all waiting too long  :pinkie:).  How long it will be, we will just have to wait and see.  

If they do in fact do a season seven (and i'm hoping they're not),I imagine it would premiere in the spring of 2017 and end in the fall of the same year, just in time for the film to come out. I'm hoping the film will serve as the series finale and the series will end there, rather than go on like SpongeBob SquarePants. Do we really want the same thing happening to ponies that happened to SpongeBob? No, I think not. 

• Brohoof 1

I think that season 10 will be the show finale, with the 3 part episode ending the show. I am guessing that it will be one season every year. So that means that season 7 will be sometime in 2017, and the show finale will be in 2020. Great year now that I think about it...  :sunbutt:

There is enough circumstantial evidence that there will be a Season 7 in some shape or form. Like I keep saying, episodes that have aired this season were conceptualized in 2014. We would have known by now if production had ceased by following investor signals, hiring changes, and trade news since that isn't closely guarded. Instead we get wording like, "that you know of", Michele Creber hinting at stuff, and newly hired staff mentioning things. We are simply waiting for the formal announcement. 

There are several options for Season 7 of FiM. 

• Full 26 episode season released before film. 
  • Short 13 episode season released before film
  • Full 26 episode season released with the first half before film and second half after film 
  • Full 26 episode season released after film. 
  • Short 13 episode season released before film

They can technically cram a Season 7 in before the film. A short season is not out of the realm of possibilities either. The best option is actually breaking the season up in between the movie, but that may have required narrative planning to make sure it ... makes sense. Waiting until after the movie would be a mistake due to a longer that desired hiatus, and they specifically told investors that they would not make that mistake again. 

Honestly, I actually think the best plan (financially) would be to have a Season 7 be 13 episode on Discovery ... then movie ... then Season 8 with 13 episodes on Netflix. Advertise merch on CN and Disney. Of course this plan would have already have to be in motion by this point. 

• Brohoof 2

Brahs, if this was the last season of MLP, they would've told us ahead of time, just like LPS. There will certainly be a season 7! Whether it's a full-season, a half-season, or when it gets released are the real questions!

Brahs, if this was the last season of MLP, they would've told us ahead of time, just like LPS. There will certainly be a season 7! Whether it's a full-season, a half-season, or when it gets released are the real questions!

And the map is such a new but staple part of the series since Season 5, which was last season

If there is a Season 7, I'd expect a 13-episode short season airing in the immediate runup to the movie. Promotional pushes like that are not unprecedented. If not, there's the likelihood of promotional shorts like the EqG movies since the second one.

Usually, a new season is confirmed halfway through the current one. With resources currently divided up between EqG4 and the 2017 movie, doubts on Season 7 are more reasonable.

• Brohoof 2

If they do in fact do a season seven (and i'm hoping they're not),I imagine it would premiere in the spring of 2017 and end in the fall of the same year, just in time for the film to come out. I'm hoping the film will serve as the series finale and the series will end there, rather than go on like SpongeBob SquarePants. Do we really want the same thing happening to ponies that happened to SpongeBob? No, I think not.

This is exactly I think FiM should end in 2020 because everything has it's time and cartoons who go on for too long become husks.