Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Potential Buckball Season Synopsis

Moved to Elsewhere

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/07/possible-synopsis-for-buckball-season.html

So we've got an episode about baseball. The amount of MLB jokes I'll make. And... Fluttershy being athletic. Kind of odd but okay. What is it with Fluttershy and being put in athletic situations? I can understand Pinkie because she's Pinkie, but Fluttershy seems a little... out there. 

RD and AJ coaching totally makes sense though.

• Brohoof 2

The ponies playing baseball? That is not what I expected, I was thinking football would be it. XD AJ and RD being coaches is pretty predictable. What I would love to see is Rarity be a coach, outfitting her players with all sorts of glamour and style, while kinda ignoring the game itself. Why? That's Rarity. :proud:

The ponies playing baseball? That is not what I expected, I was thinking football would be it. XD AJ and RD being coaches is pretty predictable. What I would love to see is Rarity be a coach, outfitting her players with all sorts of glamour and style, while kinda ignoring the game itself. Why? That's Rarity. :proud:

Eh, could be football. They don't actually outright say what Buckball is supposed to be. In my head I just instantly jumped to baseball because when a cartoon has an episode involving sports, it's typically baseball (a shame that hockey gets doesn't get used much in cartoons.

Or it could just be a completely fictional pony sport that someone at some people at some con will attempt to reenact.

Or it could just be a completely fictional pony sport that someone at some people at some con will attempt to reenact.

That is a very likely possibility actually. :o Kinda hoping for that one instead, because it will be interesting to see what they could come up with. Plus it would just be more unique.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, could be football. They don't actually outright say what Buckball is supposed to be.

In "The Cutie Map", Spike made a reference to hoofball while wearing one of those beer can hats, remember? Presumably that's the equivalent to football in Equestria. 

(edited)

As weird as it is for FS to be amazing at sports, it's very welcome to have a PinkieShy episode for once. Also AppleDash is a bonus, which has been long overdue

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

Thinking we'll get a scenario where Fluttershy and Pinkie turn out to be prodigies and feel obligated to compete to represent Ponyville in a competiton, but the two of them don't really have their hearts in it.
Kind of like gohan anytime he has to fight in DBZ.

(edited)

What is it with Fluttershy and being put in athletic situations?

Well, she did beat up give a massage to a bear, so I wouldn't be that surprised at her being good at sports.

What would surprise me is Buckball being identical to (American) Football, and Fluttershy playing such an aggressive sport.

Edited by WriteCodes46

Well, she did beat up give a massage to a bear, so I wouldn't be that surprised at her being good at sports.

What would surprise me is Buckball being identical to (American) Football, and Fluttershy playing such an aggressive sport.

Eh, we have hoofball mentioned already though, that's what I figure Football is in their world.

I'm thinking buckball will be a soccer analogue.

Well, in Kim Possible, Ron became a star running back (American football), because of his mad running away skills. This could also work for Fluttershy. Although Buckball could be a totally different sport. Hopefully it isn't Cricket. Americans are genetically unable to understand Cricket.

:D

Seeing as though we're finally seeing a PinkieShy (or FlutterPie) episode, I hope neither Applejack and Rainbow Dash will hog most of it. Remember, they're only coaching the two, and besides, it won't be THEM (AJ and RD) that will compete against Appleoosa.

As weird as it is for FS to be amazing at sports, it's very welcome to a PinkieShy episode for once. Also AppleDash is a bonus, which has been long overdue

I'm all for it too, it's weird and unlikely, but welcome notheless if true. I'm not holding my breath unless this is confirmed

Yay another Fluttershy episode this season!

With this and her upcoming cutie map episode, I am happy to know that there will at least be 3 episodes this season where she plays a major role in, which is better than what she got in season 5.

Hopefully she can get another solo episode as well.

Also it is really nice to finally get an episode focusing on the character dynamic of Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy for once.

And finally we are going to see more of Appledash.

It's been like forever sense we've seen them interact with each other.

• 2 weeks later...

It's really cool and interesting getting a new sports episode. It's also interesting to see that Pinkie and Fluttershy are really good at the sport. I like that because we get to learn something new that haven't yet from some characters.

• 4 weeks later...

I still can't understand why there hasn't been a preview clip for this episode on this week's Thursday, like there usually is almost every Thursday of each week when there's a new episode. There better be one today, in that case.