Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Like To See An Official My Little Pony Video Game? (For Home Consoles)

OmegaBeamOfficial

It could be like one of the Lego-based games.

Except, you know, without Legos.

That'd be pretty cool, I guess. I mean we know they'll never put My Little Pony in Lego Dimensions, or anything like that.

So, basically like Lego Dimensions and Disney Infinite? Be it for Nintendo most likely and have each pony be unlockable through in-game missions and exploration or through Amiibos?

Amiibo's would be a better place to have it. Seriously, when you've had to spend as much on those Lego Dimensions sets as I have, the price on Amiibo's is a life saver.

Or like the DC and Marvel ones, where you can unlock pretty much all the heroes and villains and explore pretty big-@$$ sandbox areas.

That'd be pretty neat. Love the idea of a sandbox. Maybe we could have a mode to create our own levels.

Official? Sorry, no. Knowing Hasbro's history of video games, it probably wouldn't be that good. Maybe if they took ideas from the fandom, maybe... 

I wasn't even aware Hasbro had ever MADE game before... Besides, that's why they should outsource it to another developer.

I would think that Hasbro may do one to complement the upcoming Movie but I'm afraid that it would only be released on mobile.

Oh, I shudder just thinking about it...

If they were smart enough and hired someone like Bethesda to make it for them (yes it'd take several years, if it were Bethesda), they could make something good out of it.

@@A.V.,

I can see a sandbox game working out for an official MLP game, actually.  

Bethesda? That'd be pretty cool. Then all our Fallout Equestria fantasies could come true XD

This would be awesome! I've been hoping for a mlp game for years! Especially if it was something like a mmorpg. So far, the only one I've found is "Legends of Equestria". It's awesome, but still in development, so the servers are only up every few months. It says on the website that they'll start to fully open it in December. I can't wait!

Yeah, I don't really think an MMO would work for MLP, but it sounds exciting.

Maybe they could have something like a multiplayer battle mode with more characters to play as. You could unlock the character under certain conditions.

True. And they should put lots of time into the battle mode as well, not make it half assed like most other games are. Give us some big battle mode like, say, SA2 had. Plus add a co-op system and we're all good to go.

• Brohoof 2

I wasn't even aware Hasbro had ever MADE game before... Besides, that's why they should outsource it to another developer.

Yeah... I think they have. It was probably through one of those third party devs like THQ or something like that. 

• Brohoof 1

@@OmegaBeamOfficial, I want this so friggin much, and I really love your concept for the game.  I don't want some chintzy platformer.  I want friggin Elder Scrolls: Equestria.  Though I don't think I'd want Bethesda to do it.  Too buggy.  I want it done by either Square or Sony Santa Monica.

Oh, I didn't choose Bethesda to make it, someone else mentioned them and I agreed It'd be pretty good. If there's anypony I'd want to make it, It'd be PlatinumGames. Square Enix aren't as good as they used to be anymore so, I'm not sure about them...

@OmegaBeamOfficial

Why are you standing here talking about this? Grab life by the claws, if you want this to happen let's ban together and make it happen. Every pony everywhere! Send in a letter of why you think they should make an MLP video game, some of youre ideas, and why it would be profitable! Right now! Come on guys we could do it. If they resource multiple letters for a video game and all knowledge points to the fact that it would make profit, it would be criminal not to make it!

#WhereIsOurGame

@OmegaBeamOfficial

Why are you standing here talking about this? Grab life by the claws, if you want this to happen let's ban together and make it happen. Every pony everywhere! Send in a letter of why you think they should make an MLP video game, some of youre ideas, and why it would be profitable! Right now! Come on guys we could do it. If they resource multiple letters for a video game and all knowledge points to the fact that it would make profit, it would be criminal not to make it!

#WhereIsOurGame

We could, but I think we'd need the power of every brony in the world in order to do this. It sounds impossible but let's do it. #MakeHasbroGreatAgain

Oh, I didn't choose Bethesda to make it, someone else mentioned them and I agreed It'd be pretty good. If there's anypony I'd want to make it, It'd be PlatinumGames. Square Enix aren't as good as they used to be anymore so, I'm not sure about them...

They wouldn't be willing to work on it, but my dream would be to have an MLP mmorpg developed by Rockstar. Because rag doll physics. Just imagine for a sec, ponies with the GTA V physics engine. LEL so much fun to be had, even the anti-bronies would want copies so they could chuck ponies off of rooftops and watch them bounce XD

In reality, any company that didn't make it ultra cutesy and cheesy, and that allowed the fandom some nods, would be a great choice.

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro probably has ideas of a game in the works. Though, be careful what you wish for. Hasbro may just ignore bronies completely and make a game totally targeted to the "original" target audience like how they dumbed down EG for the kids.

I have had ideas for a pony RPG for a while now. I didn't like how Ambient.Prologue was going, so I wondered how I could make it better. Maybe have items that you can equip and use in the world, add an "energy" bar that when full gives you buffs but when low gives you debuffs, etc? IDK, just random ideas I had.

@OmegaBeamOfficial

#WhereIsOurGame

Better idea:

MAKE OUR OWN GAME

*looks at Ambient.Prologue*

oh wait never mind nope don't do that nope never nope

#MakeHasbroGreatAgain

*insert NOOOOO scene from The Office here* 

They wouldn't be willing to work on it, but my dream would be to have an MLP mmorpg developed by Rockstar. Because rag doll physics. Just imagine for a sec, ponies with the GTA V physics engine. LEL so much fun to be had, even the anti-bronies would want copies so they could chuck ponies off of rooftops and watch them bounce XD In reality, any company that didn't make it ultra cutesy and cheesy, and that allowed the fandom some nods, would be a great choice.

Rockstar will probably be the least likely company to get the rights to an MLP game.

They make GTA.

They make Red Dead Redemption.

They make a bunch of M-rated games. WHO'S GONNA TRUST THEM TO TRY TO MAKE AN E-RATED GAME (which is probably what Hasbro is going to want the rating to be, let's be honest with ourselves)?!?! All of their best games are M-Rated and their reputation will probably turn parents off.

Square Enix aren't as good as they used to be anymore so, I'm not sure about them...

THEY'RE REMAKING FINAL FANTASY XII.

THEY ARE GODS. SHADDAP. jk 

I would think that Hasbro may do one to complement the upcoming Movie but I'm afraid that it would only be released on mobile.

That's where all the kiddies are getting their gaming fix nowadays: phones and tablets. Of course Hasbro is going to make it on mobile. 

If they were smart enough and hired someone like Bethesda to make it for them (yes it'd take several years, if it were Bethesda), they could make something good out of it.

Here's our problem with all of these big-name companies making MLP games:

Let's be honest, Hasbro is probably going to restrict all official MLP games to be E-rated to appeal to the youngest audience as possible. The last time they made "movies" for MLP, they dumbed it down to appeal to the biggest audience, because it's not on TV, it's in store shelves. Kids don't have free access to that MLP stuff like they do (kinda) on TV. They have to buy it and watch it. The reason this stuff is bogged down is because Hasbro is trying to appeal to the young audience that the show was originally intended for, and still makes a considerable portion of the show's audience.

Having a big-name game company famous for creating fantastic M-rated games (Hasbro, Rockstar, etc.) will turn off parents because they have a reputation for M-rated games. Even if the game is E-rated, you can expect some more adult references to be in the game to appeal to everyone but little kids (the kids won't get it), and some parents will be paranoid and think the whole game will be like that.

Or maybe I'm just rambling. IDK. The point is, the game is probably gonna be EG-level of dumbed-down-ness, so you're all probably not going to get the game you want. 

One last thing: Fan games made for MLP that is NOT strictly child-friendly will likely not be accepted by Hasbro. If you try to talk to them about licensing your game, they won't accept it if it is over an E/E-10 rating in content. A fighting game? Nope. A pony dies? Nope. Any adult content will be refused, and a good portion of your game ideas will be rejected because it's not kid-friendly.

:(

This is a huge text wall. I'm sorry.

Edited by Lonk Chase
  • Brohoof 1

They wouldn't be willing to work on it, but my dream would be to have an MLP mmorpg developed by Rockstar. Because rag doll physics. Just imagine for a sec, ponies with the GTA V physics engine. LEL so much fun to be had, even the anti-bronies would want copies so they could chuck ponies off of rooftops and watch them bounce XD

In reality, any company that didn't make it ultra cutesy and cheesy, and that allowed the fandom some nods, would be a great choice.

True, but I have a feeling a game like that would be quite controversial... Grand Theft Ponies... It'd still be awesome, though if you want something like that... Ever considered modding GTA 5? There are quite a few pony mods out there from what I've heard.

Hasbro probably has ideas of a game in the works. Though, be careful what you wish for. Hasbro may just ignore bronies completely and make a game totally targeted to the "original" target audience like how they dumbed down EG for the kids.

I have had ideas for a pony RPG for a while now. I didn't like how Ambient.Prologue was going, so I wondered how I could make it better. Maybe have items that you can equip and use in the world, add an "energy" bar that when full gives you buffs but when low gives you debuffs, etc? IDK, just random ideas I had.

Better idea:

MAKE OUR OWN GAME

*looks at Ambient.Prologue*

oh wait never mind nope don't do that nope never nope

*insert NOOOOO scene from The Office here* 

Rockstar will probably be the least likely company to get the rights to an MLP game.

They make GTA.

They make Red Dead Redemption.

They make a bunch of M-rated games. WHO'S GONNA TRUST THEM TO TRY TO MAKE AN E-RATED GAME (which is probably what Hasbro is going to want the rating to be, let's be honest with ourselves)?!?! All of their best games are M-Rated and their reputation will probably turn parents off.

THEY'RE REMAKING FINAL FANTASY XII.

THEY ARE GODS. SHADDAP. jk 

That's where all the kiddies are getting their gaming fix nowadays: phones and tablets. Of course Hasbro is going to make it on mobile. 

Here's our problem with all of these big-name companies making MLP games:

Let's be honest, Hasbro is probably going to restrict all official MLP games to be E-rated to appeal to the youngest audience as possible. The last time they made "movies" for MLP, they dumbed it down to appeal to the biggest audience, because it's not on TV, it's in store shelves. Kids don't have free access to that MLP stuff like they do (kinda) on TV. They have to buy it and watch it. The reason this stuff is bogged down is because Hasbro is trying to appeal to the young audience that the show was originally intended for, and still makes a considerable portion of the show's audience.

Having a big-name game company famous for creating fantastic M-rated games (Hasbro, Rockstar, etc.) will turn off parents because they have a reputation for M-rated games. Even if the game is E-rated, you can expect some more adult references to be in the game to appeal to everyone but little kids (the kids won't get it), and some parents will be paranoid and think the whole game will be like that.

Or maybe I'm just rambling. IDK. The point is, the game is probably gonna be EG-level of dumbed-down-ness, so you're all probably not going to get the game you want. 

One last thing: Fan games made for MLP that is NOT strictly child-friendly will likely not be accepted by Hasbro. If you try to talk to them about licensing your game, they won't accept it if it is over an E/E-10 rating in content. A fighting game? Nope. A pony dies? Nope. Any adult content will be refused, and a good portion of your game ideas will be rejected because it's not kid-friendly.

:(

This is a huge text wall. I'm sorry.

Wow, you really don't like Ambient Prologue do you? I don't see what's so bad about it. It honestly looks like a pretty interesting game. And EG didn't feel "dumbed down" to me. It doesn't reach the same calibre as the show, but it definitely still seems like they intended to have it appeal to all ages. Whether it worked out is up to you. And the target audience Isn't even the biggest audience, we know that much already. Consoles are still popular by the way, and we already have a mobile MLP game (which also wasn't dumbed down I might add, which proves they won't just dumb it down for younger crowds.) It's also not Hasbro's choice how to develop the game, It'll come down to whoever they would get to develop it for them. If they did make a game, they would most likely outsource it to someone else and let them work on it the way they want to, since they're the game experts, not Hasbro. They'll know how the audience tick. I have no doubt about that.

I'd love a legit video game, the only problem is getting a good dev that cares. I'd be happy to see Wayforward develop it as they've expressed interest, but I'd like to keep options open

I don't know about you, but I really wish My Little Pony had It's own official video game, and not one like the mobile Gameloft Farmville clone, I mean a full, triple a, video game for consoles and possibly PC. Now, obviously we know TV and Movie licensed games have a REALLY bad reputation, and for good reason, but there is the odd decent or even great ones (Spider-man 2 and South Park: The Stick Of Truth for example). Here are some ideas I've thought of for what I'd imagine my dream MLP game to be like:

- If I had to choose someone to develop it, I'd probably pick PlatinumGames. They aren't my favourite developer or anything, but I think they'd be really suitable to make a game like that, considering what kind of games they've developed in the past and have done well with other Hasbro franchises too. It'd just go really well with my vision. With that in mind, I'd want the graphics to have a cel-shaded art style, similar to that of one of their other games, Transformers Devastation.

- Have it be an exploration based game with action, destructible environments and different tasks only certain races can perform. (So, have Applejack kick down trees to bridge pathways, or Rarity use her magic to pull levers out of her reach. Make all of the Mane 6 playable with other side and background ponies available as support characters. Give every character a skill tree with gems as upgrade points, and scatter bits all around the map, which can be traded in at stores for power-ups. Make iconic areas from the show playable, like the Everfree Forest and Canterlot, with Ponyville being your main hub to prepare yourself for levels.

- For music, include remixes of songs from the show along with new additions.

- As for story, come up with an original story for the game, make it entertaining with a decent arc throughout and It's all good. Provide voice acting from all the cast of the show.

This is just me daydreaming though. This is never gonna happen, and those weren't even all of my ideas, just the ones I think are most important. What do you guys think?

As long as Kenji Saito(Metal Gear Rising, Transformers) directs it and not Eiro Shirahama(TMNT, Korra) I'd be absolutely estatic

• Brohoof 1

I'd love a legit video game, the only problem is getting a good dev that cares. I'd be happy to see Wayforward develop it as they've expressed interest, but I'd like to keep options open

As long as Kenji Saito(Metal Gear Rising, Transformers) directs it and not Eiro Shirahama(TMNT, Korra) I'd be absolutely estatic

Yeah, that'd be pretty nice.

Wow, you really don't like Ambient Prologue do you? I don't see what's so bad about it. It honestly looks like a pretty interesting game.

The last time I saw it, the plot and voice acting was a little... cringey. :orly: 

But maybe it changed since the last time I've seen it. Probably should check it out again. 

Consoles are still popular by the way

You didn't need to tell me that. :3

and we already have a mobile MLP game (which also wasn't dumbed down I might add, which proves they won't just dumb it down for younger crowds.)

It's a freakin' FarmVille ripoff! ^_^ It has tons of micro-transactions! Children love micro-transactions!

It's also not Hasbro's choice how to develop the game, It'll come down to whoever they would get to develop it for them.

But who they'd choose will probably be one well known for making good E/E10-rated games. And who knows? Maybe Hasbro will make the company sign a contract saying, "If you don't make this game the way we want you to, we will take away your license and give it to someone else."

Well... I haven't heard of any company doing that... but it could be a possibility.  :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

Long ago, I recalled wanting a My Little Pony Musou game.  This came off of playing Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U.  To this day, I still want a Pony Musou game, and I think it can be done if Hasbro and Koei Tecmo were to work together on this kind of project.  But...

1) I don't like the idea of Ponies wielding weapons.  Their own natural abilities would be their means of attack.

2) I can't seem to decide if I want an original storyline or a retelling of the 6-7 Seasons of My Little Pony(With some stages putting the player in charge of the villain like Discord for "Return of Harmony," Queen Chrysalis for "Canterlot Wedding," Lord Tirek for "Twilight's Kingdom" and Starlight Glimmer for "The Cutie Map."

• Brohoof 1

I really like the idea of this, but I think the problem lies in MLP FIM's target audience. Really young girls (and for that matter, young kids in general these days) are more likely to game on parents' tablets and smartphones than dedicated consoles. Therefore, it kinda makes sense that we have the MLP apps, but no dedicated console release.

If they ever decided to do one however, the suggestion for a simple 2D platformer sounds like a really good one. It has the potential to work really well across MLP's different audiences while also staying true to the tone of the show.

Why just consoles? The PC market is just as viable.

A FIM platformer in the vein of Donkey Kong Country would be nice. But I'd also want an arcade-style beat em up with the Mane Six knocking Changelings and assholish dragons around. That would definitely draw more people in.

A MLP adventure game with maybe some puzzles in it for Wii-U and PC. Be able to play all the mane six to get through it. Platformer based and each of the mane six has their own gimmicks and advantages. 

The last time I saw it, the plot and voice acting was a little... cringey. :orly:

But maybe it changed since the last time I've seen it. Probably should check it out again. 

You didn't need to tell me that. :3

It's a freakin' FarmVille ripoff! ^_^ It has tons of micro-transactions! Children love micro-transactions!

But who they'd choose will probably be one well known for making good E/E10-rated games. And who knows? Maybe Hasbro will make the company sign a contract saying, "If you don't make this game the way we want you to, we will take away your license and give it to someone else."

Well... I haven't heard of any company doing that... but it could be a possibility.  :wacko:

Adults love microtransactions even more than kids do. For MLP I'd most likely expect an E or T rating, but nothing higher. Come on, the show's done some brutal things before. And I haven't heard of any company contracts like that either, so... Yeah.

A life simulator. Create your own pony and select a (canon) location to live in, and do stuff like interacting with the characters, decorating your home, gardening, cooking, etc.

Either that, or something like The Sims.

• Brohoof 1

A life simulator. Create your own pony and select a (canon) location to live in, and do stuff like interacting with the characters, decorating your home, gardening, cooking, etc.

Either that, or something like The Sims.

That sounds cool. Let;s just not call it Pony Simulator 2016

problem is, when you consider the target demographic , A console game would probably be more focused on styling pony hair and alphabet and math puzzles. I doubt they would make an action adventure or even a simcity type game when the series is targeted towards pre-teen girls

• Brohoof 1