Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Like To See An Official My Little Pony Video Game? (For Home Consoles)

OmegaBeamOfficial

problem is, when you consider the target demographic , A console game would probably be more focused on styling pony hair and alphabet and math puzzles. I doubt they would make an action adventure or even a simcity type game when the series is targeted towards pre-teen girls

Well, I mean Hasbro knows the brony community exists, It's not crazy to assume that they could make something to capitalise on that part of the fandom and their love for the show. And I don't think they'd make stuff like styling and alphabet games... The internet has already made enough of those online for free, along with... Other, disturbing concepts...

I think Ambient Prologue's walking and running controls are great looking. Everything else is bad.

Have Hasbro use Ambient Prologue's movement controls and fix everything else and I can see that as a perfect game.

• Brohoof 1

I think Ambient Prologue's walking and running controls are great looking. Everything else is bad.

Have Hasbro use Ambient Prologue's movement controls and fix everything else and I can see that as a perfect game.

This whole place really prides itself on jabbing Ambient, huh? I mean, first of all, It's an indie developed game, there's no way Hasbro's gonna allow it out on the market. While they haven't used the name of the show at all, It's pretty obvious what It's based on. I'm loving the graphical details and how they're working on their gameplay mechanics using spells and all that stuff. The story seems interesting at least, even if the voice acting needs some work, and other than that It's fine.

Well, why not? But not for consoles only. But as far as this game would be about friendship, shere should be something to replace fights. I guess would be perfect to make RPG game with quests and minigames like South Park: Stick of Truth.

sig-4645929.0r0ch1-pc-is-master-race.png

Edited by Crypty
  • Brohoof 1

I think it would be cool. I think it would work very well with gameplay similar to the Lego games. You make your way through levels with various enemies, obstacles, and puzzles. You would need certain types of characters to perform various tasks to complete the level, like you would need an earth pony character to push something heavy, or a Pegasus to reach a high ledge, etc...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, why not? But not for consoles only. But as far as this game would be about friendship, shere should be something to replace fights. I guess would be perfect to make RPG game with quests and minigames like South Park: Stick of Truth.

sig-4645929.sig-4645929.0r0ch1-pc-is-mas

Meh, I still think there should be SOME kind of combat system somewhere, even if It's just a small part of the game or something. It's not like nopony's fought in the show before, so it wouldn't be that bad to include it. But I do like the Stick Of Truth gameplay mechanics, so I can see that working.

Oh, and on the PC gaming thing, I like it, don't get me wrong, I just think Hasbro would probably focus more on releases games for consoles rather than PC. They are a toy company after all, they could probably get their video games put in store shelves near their toys to try to get more sales. That only really works with physical media like discs and cartridges though.

I think it would be cool. I think it would work very well with gameplay similar to the Lego games. You make your way through levels with various enemies, obstacles, and puzzles. You would need certain types of characters to perform various tasks to complete the level, like you would need an earth pony character to push something heavy, or a Pegasus to reach a high ledge, etc...

Well, now that I think about it, it might work that way. Just replace the studs with bits, make all those random goons you fight Changelings or something like that, and have the maps and gameplay themed around landmarks of Equestria

Edited by OmegaBeamOfficial
  • Brohoof 1

Of course i would love to see an official new My Little Pony Video Game.

Maybe it would even feature a new 3D Animation Style and would offer an Open World, where you do Missions and Side Quests.

I would love that^^

• Brohoof 1

Of course i would love to see an official new My Little Pony Video Game.

Maybe it would even feature a new 3D Animation Style and would offer an Open World, where you do Missions and Side Quests.

I would love that^^

Sounds like a good idea to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure. Only thing is I can't see Microsoft or Sony putting it on their consoles, so it's probably going to be Nintendo exclusive if it happens.

Nintendo's the biggest company in the field of child friendly games, so I can't see Hasbro wanting it on anyone else's consoles.

• Brohoof 2

Sure. Only thing is I can't see Microsoft or Sony putting it on their consoles, so it's probably going to be Nintendo exclusive if it happens.

Nintendo's the biggest company in the field of child friendly games, so I can't see Hasbro wanting it on anyone else's consoles.

Actually, It's not like It's impossible. Sony has already made plenty of kid friendly games themselves, I'm sure they wouldn't mind another one on their system. Not sure about Microsoft though.

I'd like to see one as an open world sandbox rpg. Players could make their pony characters anyway they want and explore equestria with quests and maybe different guilds/factions. And house's player's could pick where to live in and decorate. It would be single player but have an online mode as well.

• Brohoof 1

It's been way too long since the last time i got on a video game, but maybe if they can manage a great MLP game for the Nintendo NX when it comes out, I might try it out.

And if it has a multiplayer or co-op mode of sorts, I'm giving Flyer a call so we can play it together.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to see one as an open world sandbox rpg. Players could make their pony characters anyway they want and explore equestria with quests and maybe different guilds/factions. And house's player's could pick where to live in and decorate. It would be single player but have an online mode as well.

The Celestia Scrolls: Ponyville in other words

It's been way too long since the last time i got on a video game, but maybe if they can manage a great MLP game for the Nintendo NX when it comes out, I might try it out.

And if it has a multiplayer or co-op mode of sorts, I'm giving Flyer a call so we can play it together.

I think multiplayer could have some good potential too, maybe like a team mode, or a magic battle minigame or something.

• Brohoof 1

I thought that game got cancelled.

It did get cancelled but you can still download the old versions if you know where to look ;)

There is actually a new game being developed by the same creators and the characters were designed by Lauren Faust!

• Brohoof 1

Oooh that's a great question!

We all know how the official MLP games are silly ~ though there's a reason why they're like that... and that reason is - the target audience.

They just make few minor games for the little ones to enjoy. For us, they're obviously too silly.  :adorkable:

The community is HUUUUUUUGE and I sometimes really wonder why they haven't made a normal proper game, that everypony could enjoy.

Seriously, considering the whole franchise and amount of fans - making a proper game based on that would be a great idea in my opinion ~ Hasbro could get a nice profit from it and possibly more fans of MLP if the game actually would be decent.  :love:

In my opinion, MLP has good factors to be a good game ~ there's so many things, that could be done, yet Hasbro doesn't use that.  :proud:

To be honest I'd love a game, that would look beautiful and would follow the original story (yes, I wouldn't mind experiencing the same story ~ I'd gladly 'play' that this time) with some interesting gameplay. Basically watch the whole show in the game.  :catface:

As different things happen in each episode, there would be so many places to put various minigames in.

While Gameloft's MLP game was pretty great, it was kind of lame for obvious reasons. But imagine a game much better than that ~ with an actual gameplay in it ~ it would blow minds!  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

Oooh that's a great question!

We all know how the official MLP games are silly ~ though there's a reason why they're like that... and that reason is - the target audience.

They just make few minor games for the little ones to enjoy. For us, they're obviously too silly.  :adorkable:

The community is HUUUUUUUGE and I sometimes really wonder why they haven't made a normal proper game, that everypony could enjoy.

Seriously, considering the whole franchise and amount of fans - making a proper game based on that would be a great idea in my opinion ~ Hasbro could get a nice profit from it and possibly more fans of MLP if the game actually would be decent.  :love:

In my opinion, MLP has good factors to be a good game ~ there's so many things, that could be done, yet Hasbro doesn't use that.  :proud:

To be honest I'd love a game, that would look beautiful and would follow the original story (yes, I wouldn't mind experiencing the same story ~ I'd gladly 'play' that this time) with some interesting gameplay. Basically watch the whole show in the game.  :catface:

As different things happen in each episode, there would be so many places to put various minigames in.

While Gameloft's MLP game was pretty great, it was kind of lame for obvious reasons. But imagine a game much better than that ~ with an actual gameplay in it ~ it would blow minds!  :pinkie:

On the first point, you've gotta remember, the show itself was made for minor audiences and we still enjoy it.

I like the idea of everypony collaborating together to make a game, but you have to consider how hectic that would get. Not to mention different ponies like different games, so it would be hard to please everyone, not to mention if it really did get that big, Hasbro would file a notice within seconds of noticing It's popularity to cease work on it. I'm beta testing for an MLP game right now, of which the team is of a moderately sized group of people. That's how it should be, we aren't triple AAA developers who can handle having tons of staff, so we shouldn't act like we are.

I'm very indifferent on this. If It's a new story, try to make sure It's a good one and that it stays faithful to the original show. If it uses the show's plot, then maybe change or add some things to give us some new story and plot to experience for ponies who have already seen the show. Though, seeing an animated 3D cel shaded version of the show's story in cutscenes, is something I think would be pretty cool.

Make the minigames relevant to the whole show, not just to certain episodes, this needs to have an appeal for others who haven't watched so that anyone can pick up and play the game without worrying about whether they know about certain things.

I actually like MLP Gameloft, and since it was first released they've really balanced it out in terms of IAP's and stuff like that. One can finish the story (if you can call it that anyway) in a good month or so without spending a dime. I just wish there was more to the gameplay than just waiting around to collect things to buy things to do more waiting around for, but It's the satisfaction of having a thriving town that'll make it all worth it in the end.

• Brohoof 1

Note: There are minor spoilers for "A Canterlot Wedding Part 2" and "Dungeons and Discords" below.

A Friendship is Magic-game? I'd have to say... YES. Ever since I started watching the show, I have had this in the back of my mind. "Hm... What would a My Little Pony-game look like?", I thought, but I didn't think much of the idea. Now, however, I see great potential in a game like this. I am a massive fan of adventure-games, and MLP has all the components to make one.

If anything I'd be a little worried about the way the gameplay itself would work. An adventure-game is a great start, but... what would you do? Explore the world and solve quests, of course, but what else? Would there be combat? Seeing Hasbro's response to games like "Fighting is Magic", I have a feeling they might not... like the concept very much. I guess they could do what they did in "Dungeons and Discords" and have the monsters semi-imaginary, which worked well in the episode, but I don't know how well it would work in a full game. If you're going to make a game based off of Friendship is Magic, you'd need some of the iconic villains, but I have to wonder how that'd be implemented without at least a little bit of cartoon-violence. (Although, there have been a few more "Violent" scenes in the show, like in "A Canterlot Wedding Part 2", but that was like... one scene.)

I'm also slightly sceptical about the art-style. For example, I'd love to see the same style of animation as the actual show, but even if it did work in games like "South Park: The Stick of Truth" (And "Fractured but whole"), I'm not sure how it would work in this "format". 3D-graphics would be the obvious thing to go with, but I personally find SFM-videos to be extremely creepy. Legends of Equestria looks quite good, but I feel like that's due to the simplistic models, and I feel like more "detail" would be expected from a company like Hasbro.

Basically, I love the idea of an MLP Adventure game, but I also have to wonder how it'd work out in the end. 

(Sorry for all the text. I have a tendency to write a lot. My "inner Twilight" really shines when you give me a keyboard... or a pen and paper... or if I have to write an essay -- You know what? I'll just stop typing now.)

• Brohoof 2

Note: There are minor spoilers for "A Canterlot Wedding Part 2" and "Dungeons and Discords" below.

A Friendship is Magic-game? I'd have to say... YES. Ever since I started watching the show, I have had this in the back of my mind. "Hm... What would a My Little Pony-game look like?", I thought, but I didn't think much of the idea. Now, however, I see great potential in a game like this. I am a massive fan of adventure-games, and MLP has all the components to make one.

If anything I'd be a little worried about the way the gameplay itself would work. An adventure-game is a great start, but... what would you do? Explore the world and solve quests, of course, but what else? Would there be combat? Seeing Hasbro's response to games like "Fighting is Magic", I have a feeling they might not... like the concept very much. I guess they could do what they did in "Dungeons and Discords" and have the monsters semi-imaginary, which worked well in the episode, but I don't know how well it would work in a full game. If you're going to make a game based off of Friendship is Magic, you'd need some of the iconic villains, but I have to wonder how that'd be implemented without at least a little bit of cartoon-violence. (Although, there have been a few more "Violent" scenes in the show, like in "A Canterlot Wedding Part 2", but that was like... one scene.)

I'm also slightly sceptical about the art-style. For example, I'd love to see the same style of animation as the actual show, but even if it did work in games like "South Park: The Stick of Truth" (And "Fractured but whole"), I'm not sure how it would work in this "format". 3D-graphics would be the obvious thing to go with, but I personally find SFM-videos to be extremely creepy. Legends of Equestria looks quite good, but I feel like that's due to the simplistic models, and I feel like more "detail" would be expected from a company like Hasbro.

Basically, I love the idea of an MLP Adventure game, but I also have to wonder how it'd work out in the end. 

(Sorry for all the text. I have a tendency to write a lot. My "inner Twilight" really shines when you give me a keyboard... or a pen and paper... or if I have to write an essay -- You know what? I'll just stop typing now.)

To be honest I don't think it was that Hasbro had a problem with the game genre, It's that the creators were using characters they didn't own. Also, 3D can be done in many different ways, and SFM will look a little weird due to It's limitations. I doubt the game would be made in SFM though, so It's all good. And don't worry. Let your inner Twilight shine through! I'm afraid I did have to skip over a few lines because I don't want Dungeons And Discord spoilers, but Hasbro has used violence in the show before, so I think some kind of basic combat wouldn't be a problem for them. This Isn't Mortal Kombat.

• Brohoof 1