Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Like To See An Official My Little Pony Video Game? (For Home Consoles)

OmegaBeamOfficial

One with an internet connection and eyes. 

Maybe, but it's still possible.

What do you mean by this? It didn't say that fan project are malicious attempts, it said that allowing Friendship is magic could lead to lawsuit working less as a deterrent to malicious attempts.

Well, if it contains blood or gore or any other adult theme then people will associate the franchise with those themes. Perhaps this wasn't the case with Fighting is magic, but still. 

Presumably because they're not big enough to take seriously. 

They can express their love for the franchise without breaking copyright law. If Hasbro has to follow the copyright law  then we must also follow it. 

I know you're being sarcastic, but what I mean is barely any competitors would pay attention to some fighting game that's not even created by the original creators. In other words, they wouldn't give a damn.

Fair enough.

Oh, sorry, I took it the wrong way, I thought they were talking about the project,

Again, fair enough.

OK, that's fine I guess.

OK, say the brony fanbase did restrict themselves from making fan games. How far is this copyright stuff gonna go? No making fan art anymore? No making MLP based animations?

I know you're being sarcastic, but what I mean is barely any competitors would pay attention to some fighting game that's not even created by the original creators. In other words, they wouldn't give a damn.
Well, when that fighting game would help them in court then they would pay attention to it. 

How far is this copyright stuff gonna go? No making fan art anymore? No making MLP based animations?
 Technically, both of those things are breaking copyright law. So if Hasbro wanted to then they could take them down. 
  • Brohoof 2

I want an action/RPG (think Zelda) game. Pick one of the six characters (each has a unique ability), play through Equestria-themed levels, and at the end of each level you have to fight one of the main baddies (pre-reform Discord, Chrysalis, Tirek, Sombra, etc). 

• Brohoof 1

I want an action/RPG (think Zelda) game. Pick one of the six characters (each has a unique ability), play through Equestria-themed levels, and at the end of each level you have to fight one of the main baddies (pre-reform Discord, Chrysalis, Tirek, Sombra, etc). 

If they did a Zelda style game I'd probably want it to be in the vein of Ocarina Of Time, that'd be pretty neat. Mind you, It's not very original, but I still think It'd be cool.

If they did a Zelda style game I'd probably want it to be in the vein of Ocarina Of Time, that'd be pretty neat. Mind you, It's not very original, but I still think It'd be cool.

I was thinking Majora's Mask myself. (Something is threatening Equestria, hence why all the old villains are on the rampage again, and there is a time limit to stopping it, so Twilight has to make use of the time-travel spell in order to have enough time to figure out how to stop what's going on.)

• Brohoof 1

Well, when that fighting game would help them in court then they would pay attention to it. 

Technically, both of those things are breaking copyright law. So if Hasbro wanted to then they could take them down. 

It's impossible for Hasbro to rid the world of MLP fan art, tons of it keeps being made, It's all over DeviantArt, It's all over Tumblr, there's no stopping it and It's become an acceptable thing to do. If Hasbro hasn't destroyed fan art in the past, they shouldn't start now. Animations would be a little easier for them to keep track of, but It's sadly nothing good, like the fate of JanAnimations and most of his pony videos.

I was thinking Majora's Mask myself. (Something is threatening Equestria, hence why all the old villains are on the rampage again, and there is a time limit to stopping it, so Twilight has to make use of the time-travel spell in order to have enough time to figure out how to stop what's going on.)

I still prefer OOT, but now that I think about it Majora's Mask wouldn't be a bad idea either. The masks could be shaped like cutie marks and gives Twilight special abilities, and there could be a temple for each Element Of Harmony.

Well it does seem feasible if you look at it but the better question for me is, "What will the game be about?"

As a gamer myself, I do enjoy myself some RPG-games so I would love to play a MLP-related RPG where you would be able to collect characters like the Mane Six or even side characters such as Thorax, Spike, etc. (Add a Discord boss fight and there goes my money!)

I have played the MLP App yet I uninstalled it due to a multitude of reasons such as the overpriced items in the shop and certain mechanics in the game such as how minigames work. So it does seem fairly mediocre unless Hasbro manages to hire some expert game dev company and will help them sell more toys.

So I would love to see an official MLP Game yet I have mixed feelings on this, but if such a game were to come out I would like to see how it is. After all, no need for a biased review unless you see it for yourself.

• Brohoof 1

So far, here's my worst to best.

• Gameloft
  • Hasbro's Equestria Girls (don't we have enough of those doll-collecting games already?)
  • Budge Studios's Harmony Quest
  • Backflip's Puzzle Party

I expect a game that plays like Banjo-Kazooie. You know, that 3d adventure game where you collect puzzle pieces to finish stages?

For Hasbro to make a good game, they have to focus on their target audience, and not too much on the brony fandom. We need to balance things for their demographics.

There's Super Fluttershy Land, Dr. Discord, Pony Poki Panic, Equestriabound. That's all the ROM hacks I know, but let's get back on topic.

Remember HoverAnimation. Let me tell you a true story. In March 2015, a project known as AnimationNinja was planned but gotten scrapped. Later in 2015, it was announced that GoAnimate would be removing all of the fan-favorite old themes. The author who had the idea of AnimationNinja, later found out that AnimationNinja was a Soundcloud project, thus the name HoverAnimation was created.

In January 2016, the population of the Google+ community boomed, reaching around 100 - 200 members. Someone else, however reported the community that their goal was to recreate GoAnimate and make money off of it, and they found out. Two weeks later, there was a message saying the owner will be sued until he cancels the project, and thus HoverAnimation was completely forgotten...

So, the moral of that story is. Not every company allows you to use their content, and remember: Don't make money off of it. If you try to recreate something and to make money off of it, it can be guaranteed that a cease-and-desist might happen. Don't even rip off someone else's work.

I highly doubt Hasbro would ban almost all fanworks. If they did, bronies would aim to cooperate to make a replacement for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Maybe the strategy for making MLP games is don't use their trademark name, or is that allowed?

Edited by Morklin
  • Brohoof 1

Well it does seem feasible if you look at it but the better question for me is, "What will the game be about?"

As a gamer myself, I do enjoy myself some RPG-games so I would love to play a MLP-related RPG where you would be able to collect characters like the Mane Six or even side characters such as Thorax, Spike, etc. (Add a Discord boss fight and there goes my money!)

I have played the MLP App yet I uninstalled it due to a multitude of reasons such as the overpriced items in the shop and certain mechanics in the game such as how minigames work. So it does seem fairly mediocre unless Hasbro manages to hire some expert game dev company and will help them sell more toys.

So I would love to see an official MLP Game yet I have mixed feelings on this, but if such a game were to come out I would like to see how it is. After all, no need for a biased review unless you see it for yourself.

An RPG where you actually have to earn the characters to join your party seems fun. For boss fights I wouldn't just want Discord, involve other villains like Sombra, Tirek, Pre-reform Starlight, or maybe even some side bosses, which aren't nearly as powerful, but have been shown to be mean spirited in the past, so characters like Trixie, Pre-reform Diamond Tiara and the Diamond Dogs. And we should be able to add them to our party after we beat them.

I still play the MLP app, mainly because I have nothing else MLP related to play when I'm in the mood for it. Once you get past all the tedious grinding and stuff it Isn't all that bad.

So far, here's my worst to best.

• Gameloft
  • Hasbro's Equestria Girls (don't we have enough of those doll-collecting games already?)
  • Budge Studios's Harmony Quest
  • Backflip's Puzzle Party

I expect a game that plays like Banjo-Kazooie. You know, that 3d adventure game where you collect puzzle pieces to finish stages?

For Hasbro to make a good game, they have to focus on their target audience, and not too much on the brony fandom. We need to balance things for their demographics.

There's Super Fluttershy Land, Dr. Discord, Pony Poki Panic, Equestriabound. That's all the ROM hacks I know, but let's get back on topic.

Remember HoverAnimation. Let me tell you a true story. In March 2015, a project known as AnimationNinja was planned but gotten scrapped. Later in 2015, it was announced that GoAnimate would be removing all of the fan-favorite old themes. The author who had the idea of AnimationNinja, later found out that AnimationNinja was a Soundcloud project, thus the name HoverAnimation was created.

In January 2016, the population of the Google+ community boomed, reaching around 100 - 200 members. Someone else, however reported the community that their goal was to recreate GoAnimate and make money off of it, and they found out. Two weeks later, there was a message saying the owner will be sued until he cancels the project, and thus HoverAnimation was completely forgotten...

So, the moral of that story is. Not every company allows you to use their content, and remember: Don't make money off of it. If you try to recreate something and to make money off of it, it can be guaranteed that a cease-and-desist might happen. Don't even rip off someone else's work.

I highly doubt Hasbro would ban almost all fanworks. If they did, bronies would aim to cooperate to make a replacement for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Maybe the strategy for making MLP games is don't use their trademark name, or is that allowed?

I've only played the Gameloft app, and not the others. I consider it to be quite decent once you're past the grinding phase, but it depends on if you have the time and patience for it.

Banjo-Kazooie? A bit of an odd choice, but OK. Twilight has to search all around Equestria for gems to open up doors that lead to Tirek's castle XD That sounds pretty funny actually.

This problem's been brought up before, and I think the best solution is to incorporate different types of gameplay into the game, where you choose how you want to play. One mode could be something for the kids and the other is for people who expect more from a video game and want a AAA experience.

Ambient: Prologue seems to be doing that, yes the name Isn't mentioned anywhere but you can blatantly tell It's styled after MLP. Most of the time I'm OK with this stuff, but you can't really put your fan game on Steam and act like It's all your own original idea, because you're basically having people buy something that wasn't entirely your original work. The game looks good from what I've seen, but I can't expect it to last on Steam long.

• Brohoof 1

It might be true that the number of Brony sales would not equal the number of Call Of Duty sales (for example), but look at all the other stuff that gets a game. Sponge Bob? So the cost of making the game is justified by the sales. But what if Hasbro licensed a fan made product? I'm sure there are programmers who would love the experience and they could put it on their resume. All Hasbro has to do is review it and approve it. Maybe spend a little (relatively) to polish it up. An official license woud be a big deal.

Edited by BronyNumber42
  • Brohoof 1

It might be true that the number of Brony sales would not equal the number of Call Of Duty sales (for example), but look at all the other stuff that gets a game. Sponge Bob? So the cost of making the game is justified by the sales. But what if Hasbro licensed a fan made product? I'm sure there are programmers who would love the experience and they could put it on their resume. All Hasbro has to do is review it and approve it. Maybe spend a little (relatively) to polish it up. An official license woud be a big deal.

A couple of the Spongebob games out there are surprisingly well made, I have fond memories of them. I don't think Hasbro would license a fan product. No special reason, I just don't see them doing that.

Yes. As long as it's good, I would love to have an official game, though I wouldn't rely on hasbros abilities of making a good game, IF it were good, I'd play it 100%.

Why just consoles? The PC market is just as viable.

If Hasbro would make a game, it would probably be aimed as much to children as to adults, like EVERYTHING in MLP. Though, they could take a EG route and dumb it down for the children. If they were to do that, this game would never be on PC. Reason: Most kids aren't in the PC Master Race.

• Brohoof 1

Yes. As long as it's good, I would love to have an official game, though I wouldn't rely on hasbros abilities of making a good game, IF it were good, I'd play it 100%.

Well I kinda figured if they did they'd probably outsource it.

If Hasbro would make a game, it would probably be aimed as much to children as to adults, like EVERYTHING in MLP. Though, they could take a EG route and dumb it down for the children. If they were to do that, this game would never be on PC. Reason: Most kids aren't in the PC Master Race.

EG wasn't that dumbed down, not really. But let's hope Hasbro doesn't go down that route.

My ideas so far:

• PlatinumGames: PmC Pony May Cry, Ponyonetta
  • Bethesda: Elder Scrolls Equestria, Fallout Equestria
  • Blizzard: World of Ponycraft
  • WayForward: MLP: Harmony Hero

While I do think a pony game styled like Bayonetta or DMC would be an AWESOME idea, I don't see it happening. There is a certain level you can go to with violence in kids games, It's not totally outlawed or anything, It's fine to do it and can be done rather well, but Hasbro would never let MLP reach a gore level as high as DMC or Bayonetta. Plus, with a pony's restricted anatomy they wouldn't be able to pull off the kind of things a human like Dante can do in DMC or Bayonetta in Bayonetta.

Elder Scrolls sounds like a good idea, and so does Fallout. That'd be pretty cool.

World Of Warcraft and MLP don't really mix for me. However, if we're bringing up Blizzard, I'd enjoy an Overwatch style MLP game.

I'm not sure what "Harmony Hero" is supposed to be parodying.

They might make it for mobile, though, but these kind of ideas would work out.

• An mobile RPG that plays like Brave Frontier or Puzzles and Dragons (units have elements) or Chain Chronicle (units have weapon classes)
  • A card collecting game like Hearthstone
  • A game where you build empires and aim to compete against other empires
  • A game that plays like Tap Titans (might not be quite as better but more replayable than Gameloft)