Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Describe yourself with a song!

TomokoKuroki

Hm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eonkrxMJLzg

Between The Buried and Me's lead singer's side project. A song about continuation, uplifting lyrics sung in a slow, somber tone, putting a sarcastic twist on them.

And...

Lyrics to make your own meaning.

Press rewind, play it back in this dark room. It's been so long, I don't remember who we used to be. Go slow. Is it safe to come out again? It's skin like stone. Now I can't believe anyone anymore. I wasted it on you. We were sinking or swimming, I was floating away. They were sinking or swimming, I was floating away. On our own, we sing the world now. For what it's worth, undo what's done, undo what's done, before this heart destroys it's host. They were sinking or swimming, I was floating away. Reach into her guts, take back what's tangled up. I wasted it on you. I wasted it on you. Reach into her guts. Reach into her guts.

We're just rehearsing who we think we are.

Edited by Crispy

• 2 months later...

Preety much like me, for real; i hate goin outside, and i love reading.

It's funny that this is my fabourite character from touhou saga, this character is a librarian, and my mlp fabourite character is twilight, who is a librarian too; and both are purple... this is interesting, i never realized about that xD

Homestuck video because, well, it has lyrics and the actual video for the song is along the lines of Marilyn Manson in disturbing videography. We don't want the token children on here to get nightmares, eh?

Okay, get ready for a goddam story because I feel like being that guy tonight. Here's why this song is totes Veece.

Look at me, what have I become

I am lost, I was once a gentleman

Pretty straightforward but it's in reference to me losing control of myself at one point and beating the hell out of a kid I had some ongoing drama with in what could only be described as blind, uncharacteristic rage. I try to keep my cool when putting up with petty bullshit, try to be a "gentleman" of sorts but, well, I lost it, did what I did and felt ashamed for it.

My entire family seems to have anger issues. See, I like to think of myself as beyond that, as a better person who's above the stereotype that follows my family around. What I wound up doing to the kid - whether he deserved the pounding or not! - led me to look at myself and ask, "Really, just how far have I fallen? This isn't me."

But the thief came out in my London town

So I must leave you now

But I will remember the ups and the downs

The "thief," so to speak, was the aforementioned kid above. "London town" represents a sort of utopian understanding of my clique of close friends. Kid was initially thought to be one of us but he showed his true colors soon enough, effectively "coming out." Spread lies and bred dissent among the little community we had, none of us the wiser to his wiles. We're all kind of at ends with one another now because of things said or done on account of us believing what he said the others had said or done. Eventually, at the tumult of his schemes, he used his charisma to make my friends doubt my integrity and to frame me for actions I did not commit or statements I did not truly say or feel to be true. Didn't help matters too much when I lost my cool and beat the shit out of him because it gave him all he needed to paint me as some control freak. So, instead of wasting my time begging for understanding, I made it clear that it was in everyone's best interest if I just "left" for a while pending the whole situation. I made it clear that I wasn't mad and that all the memories made with them, good or bad, were worth making even in spite of this awkward noise.

Goodbye, my friends

Goodbye to the money

Adieu to the fuckers that think that it's funny

Well, obviously, I stopped really hanging out with them and moved on with my life. They were like my family, though, and it was such a bitch putting myself through exile with them because I couldn't be the bigger man and have proven the kid's lies wrong by not whaling on him. The "money" represents the funds we had pooled together to go on a trip. After this all happened, the voyage we were all so hype for was nothing we wanted to go on with one another. Goodbye to that, you know? And I guess, in spite of everything, I found it all funny because of how stupid and melodramatic it was. It felt like one of my midday soaps. At one point, when one of my mates from the group wanted to talk to me about the situation, I simply had to laugh at it all. He felt that it all "sucked" how we all still seemed sore and weren't hanging out. I said that perhaps, if we all got real for a moment and got over some jerkoff kid's sick little project, it'd all be fine. He frowned, called me insensitive. I chuckled, called it "keeping it real."

I just wanna turn the lights on

In these volatile times

~ ( x 2 )

My intentions, honestly, with the whole thing. If I could've gathered everyone together and waved my arms like, "Hello! Wake up everyone," it would have helped to douse this dry powder keg of angsty teenage nonsense. I just wanted to cut through the obfuscating amount of drama and awkward tension amongst the group, fix what a little cancer had ruined of our collective body. But where was the chance, you know? How do you "keep it real" when no one else is going to get on board, when they all want to brood?

Look at me in the apocalypse

My European guilt expecting instant fix

Now as all of this shit was going on, hell was breaking loose on the home front. Kid sister is getting bullied, comes home crying, other sister is a bully and has suddenly become a demon in recent months to the point where she randomly runs away from home in pubescent rage, age is catching up to mother and she's been sick and dad's working himself to the bone trying to deal with debt and our own looming fiscal crisis. My own little personal apocalypse, practically depending on me to hold it together as the only person who's really got their shit together. I don't pity myself but, at times, I wished my inherent guilt regarding my Italian family's ails would just go away, that all their problems would be remedied by means of some cliched deus ex machina rather than through the mere support of one continent teenaged child. Things have been fine lately - thank God! - but I was getting overwhelmed having all of this happen along with the drama with my brodom.

I imagine all the brutal services

Of ancient infidels

Of all the wounded and the crying witches

So I thought to myself then, "Fuck. I'm barely keeping it together around here and, apparently, my ancestors' lives were loads harder than mine. How did they even deal with this?" if you'd like an idea of my extended family, think along the lines of every Italian gangster movie you've ever seen. It was like that and it was rough. People got shot and my great grandpa once survived a bullet wound through his skull when someone tried to assassinate him in his late 20s. It was a rough life that left many wives widowed and crying. Tough shit, you know? And I came from this. Suddenly enarmored by the trials of my elders, I absolved to continue "keeping it real" and trudge on even when things looked bleak. It could always get worse so why bail now?

I drove through countries

Like a marching funeral

In the search of fools and Utopias

I moved onward through life with a new drive. Shit happens, I realized, and you can't brood over every detail. I witnessed a lot of things happen, a lot of people ruin themselves and quite a number die but I lived on, strong and proud and kept all real up in this biznasty, my thirst for life a testament to those who might have thrown theirs away or - worse! - have it stolen away by their own "thieves" in their own "London towns." That thief is sometimes a man, sometimes circumstance, sometimes drug addiction. Whatever the case may be, it steals from people until they have nothing else. I wouldn't let that happen again. I look for people, though, when I see them ailing. I try to lend a guiding hand because there's times when we're all a bit blinded by something. For me, it was my rage and that noise led me to do something that - though righteous! - I regret even now. If only someone had intervened and held me back, I wouldn't have that guilt. I was the "fool" then.

The "Utopias" have no dramatic paralell. They are Bioshock games. If I'm on the road, I'm getting myself the trilogy because Rapture is the shit. I'll be damned if I'm only some Jesus quest and I'm not enjoying some choice game like Bioshock, holla holla.

Along the lonely roads with

All the empty human souls

Filling their heavy hearts with slung religion

And Coca Cola

Thing is, even in my sudden quest to be all triumphant and shit, the world isn't egocentric. We all have our hangups. It's a lonely world out their and a lot of people are spent, just hanging on, ghosts in the proverbial shell. Gotta fix that shit, though. Friendship is magic and sometimes all it takes to fix someone's problem is some solid support from a good friend. Some need it more than others, make that plunge, yadda yadda, public service announcement, etc etc. I feel like a changed person, tempered steel in the heat and flames of obligation and external angst, formed into the ultimate Sword of Cut-The-Bullshit.

If anyone drinks Coca Cola, they are blaspheming and must be put on the path of the good and righteous Pepsi. They are likely empty in the soul sheerly because they drink Coke if you witness the two aspects coinciding amongst one another in a single person. It's your duty to, ahem, fix that hitherto.

Every book is read, I'm paralyzed

Every fist is clenched, but I'm so tired

This last verse is actually you, forum. You just read this book of sorts, paralyzed by the years it took to read and the sheer fact that someone wrote an immensely serious reply to such an arbitrary thread with one hand while in bed on an iPod. Your fists are clenched, ready to punch me through the Internet, but you cannot do it because the years spent reading this have rendered you an old man with killer arthritis.

- -

So yeah, this is kind of my song. Pretty applicable and all, I dunno.

Edited by Vicereine Vee IV
  • Brohoof 1

oh yeah? what about dis one?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxoGmVjAsmE

does it describe what u feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel?

No, actually it does not describe me. However, there is some irony in the fact that this thread has now been revived. Because I have recently discovered a song that does, in fact, describe me.

And here it is:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrXMOSkBas