Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why aren't either Luna or Celestia married?

Varrack

Marriage doesnt guarantee happiness. And you know what happens when you marry someone who looks old enough to be your kid.

I can't agree or disagree with your first statement, but I have to correct you on the last.  Celestia and Luna, despite being over a thousand years old, both appear relatively young (between late 20's and early 30's, though since they're ponies, that estimate is simply based on their voice actresses).  If anypony would look old enough to be somepony's kid, it would be them when their spouses inevitably get on in their years.

To be honest, I don't care and I do understand why it's logical for neither of them to marry anypony or w/e. 

Let's face the facts though... Many of us are hoping for Celestia and Discord to become a thing(it sort of already is by the way). It would have been adorable if they married. ADORABLE! However, it's not very likely to happen.. It would still be cute.

25a.gif

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 2

Because they are strong independent women!  :love:

Though I think if one of them got married, than it would be Luna, not Celestia. Luna does not have the pressure to be perfect that her sister does. Plus, she is 1000 years younger (at least). Also, while Celestia needs to make the logical decisions and put what is best for her kingdom over her own desires, Luna has been known to show her emotion and is hardly burdened by the fact of ruling the kingdom, since Celestia does most of the work.  :P

To be honest, I don't care and I do understand why it's logical for neither of them to marry anypony or w/e. 

Let's face the facts though... Many of us are hoping for Celestia and Discord to become a thing(it sort of already is by the way). It would have been adorable if they married. ADORABLE! However, it's not very likely to happen.. It would still be cute.

sig-4660719.25a.gif

Actually, the writers said that those were just apology flowers and nothing else. Plus, it would be weird if Celestia started dating a former oppressor of the Kingdom. Who by the way, IS NOT EVEN THE SAME SPECIES! The ruler of Equestria starts dating the SPIRIT OF CHAOS! There are going to be riots...

Edited by Babyyoshi309

To be honest, I think Celestia and Luna are doing just fine on their own, so they may not even think they need husbands.

Another thing to consider is that Twilight already looks up to Celestia as a mother figure, and Cadance probably does as well.

Because there has been 0 Male Alicorns in the show so far, so there is no candidate for them IF they decided to marry. Right now it's getting a little late for them to add any.

Also, I feel like Celestia and Luna are too busy to even consider finding a husband. Although there is a lot of episodes where they aren't really doing much of anything.

To be honest, I think Celestia and Luna are doing just fine on their own, so they may not even think they need husbands.

Another thing to consider is that Twilight already looks up to Celestia as a mother figure, and Cadance probably does as well.

That's a good point. With the younger Alicorn Princesses looking up to you, there's no need to take a husband any time soon for Celestia and Luna.

They've been around for a thousand years and haven't been married. Why aren't they?

There could be a number of reasons as to why:

1. Any pony they get with won't live as long as they do.

2. Having a spouse would lead to multiple forms of danger to whoever got with them.

3. They are only interested in other Alicorns.

4. Their charge with the sun and moon may result in love being forbidden.

5. Trust issues that can yield devastating results.

6. They are possibly not allowed to upset the balance of life (aging magics etc).

7. Dating or anything remotely similar or related (like sex) is simply not a driving force in their lives.

8. They are already widows and do not wish to seek another lover.

9. They possibly have a special somepony back home where they came from and are used to waiting eons to see them. (I am convinced Equestria is a colonized and unstable planet).

Edited by IJoinedForPonies