Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Investing in the stock market

simba86

I recently decided to dip a toe into the stock market. I bought some shares of

Coca-cola "because i drink it and they have been around forever"

walmart "because i work there"

Hasbro "because they own MY LITTLE PONY and by owning a share I own a little bit of MLP also"

Intel "because they make microchips"

frontier communications " because they are less than 5 dollars a share"

anypony else new to investing or well into investing? what do you own? I try to invest in dividend stock so I can reinvest it and get more shares.

I use LOYAL3 because there are no fees for buying or selling and no fees for having an account so I can buy more stock without paying 5 dollars everytime i buy or sell, only thing i don't like about loyal3 is you can't time the market because they only execute orders once a day but I am a long term investor and don't plan on selling my stock anytime soon anyway

so what about ya'll?

I have not put any real money into the stock market but I've done a few simulations at school.  I don't want to put any money into it because I know people who have been screwed over by it so I won't take that risk.  I have plenty of money available that is making almost nothing from interest but I just don't want to take that risk since I am going to University and will need every penny I have.  I do have a decent amount of money in Silver coins, copper pennies and "Nickle Nickles" which is my way of investing in something and they seem to be fairly stable although silver can be quite flaky.

Looks like a good trading site, although you may want to be careful of purchasing fractional shares. If you decide that you want to move to a different broker, you won't be able to take fractional shares with you, only the whole ones you purchased.

I have not put any real money into the stock market but I've done a few simulations at school.  I don't want to put any money into it because I know people who have been screwed over by it so I won't take that risk.  I have plenty of money available that is making almost nothing from interest but I just don't want to take that risk since I am going to University and will need every penny I have.  I do have a decent amount of money in Silver coins, copper pennies and "Nickle Nickles" which is my way of investing in something and they seem to be fairly stable although silver can be quite flaky.

you shouldn't invest what you can't afford to lose that's for sure. I sold all my silver on the last high point but I still pull all the pre-82 copper pennies i get in change out of circulation.

Looks like a good trading site, although you may want to be careful of purchasing fractional shares. If you decide that you want to move to a different broker, you won't be able to take fractional shares with you, only the whole ones you purchased.

yeah. If i decided to change brokerages I would have to sell the fractional shares and take my whole shares with me, on the plus side you also get fractional dividends on your fractional shares

yeah. If i decided to change brokerages I would have to sell the fractional shares and take my whole shares with me, on the plus side you also get fractional dividends on your fractional shares

I would probably use it if they offered penny stocks. They're pretty much a gamble, but when they pay off, it can be big time. I have a friend who invested $20 and 5 months later it turned into just over a grand.

I would probably use it if they offered penny stocks. They're pretty much a gamble, but when they pay off, it can be big time. I have a friend who invested $20 and 5 months later it turned into just over a grand.

I personally stay away from penny stocks because they are such a huge gamble and you are more likely to lose it all than get a huge payday, especially when I can't read the market and I have no real investing skills

I personally stay away from penny stocks because they are such a huge gamble and you are more likely to lose it all than get a huge payday, especially when I can't read the market and I have no real investing skills
Even knowing how to read the market doesn't really help when it comes to penny stocks lol. I just like to do $10/mo into a different company each time. It's kinda how I play the lottery. Biggest win so far was turning $10 into a little over $100.

Even knowing how to read the market doesn't really help when it comes to penny stocks lol. I just like to do $10/mo into a different company each time. It's kinda how I play the lottery. Biggest win so far was turning $10 into a little over $100.

that's pretty good,

I like to buy and hold myself, push the capital gains taxes down the road a bit LOL

LOYAL3's a great place to start, but I eventually moved to DeGiro, due to LOYAL's lack of real time trades (and, obviously, if you want to go a bit more advanced, you need more options than just blue chips) Although, I'm considering finding another broker, DeGiro's back office is still pretty poor compared to a lot of it's competitors.

LOYAL3's a great place to start, but I eventually moved to DeGiro, due to LOYAL's lack of real time trades (and, obviously, if you want to go a bit more advanced, you need more options than just blue chips) Although, I'm considering finding another broker, DeGiro's back office is still pretty poor compared to a lot of it's competitors.

you might try optionshouse, they was my second choice of broker and they only charge like 5 dollars per trade, not sure what local sites you might have in england

• 3 years later...

I have some stocks yeah around a thousand stocks might be more and hedgefunds of course some government bonds too you know. While I do it mostly as a hobby it is my specialty so I mean stocks are fun you know be ready to win but also to not win. Prefer being on the winning team my bois.

I don't think I'd do very well investing in stocks. Considering my luck, I'd probably crash the whole system and bring huge companies collapsing to the ground rather than get a pay-out. I'd have just as good a chance hopping over to Vegas, putting all my money down on red and spinning the wheel.  

• Brohoof 1