Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I think the internet is telling me to stop being a wuss...

Discordian

And go out and try to find a girlfriend the old fashioned way. I spend three hours doing eHarmony's quiz and going through their site and it turns out no matter what I do I can't contact a person without paying for the service.

Dammit, looks like I can't go the easy way. LOL

<.< Easier said than done though.

Not for a guy who's first two girlfriend's asked HIM out and his last girlfriend was online for a long time.

I have literally no experience finding a girlfriend. They always landed in my lap.

Hmph. I've decided myself that I will try to avoid seeking girlfriends myself, and rather look for those looking at my lap, so to say.

Altho, sometimes online works. Worked for my mother and my sister so far, rather well.

Edited by Ouker

Because I got lucky the first couple times, it won't happen again. lol

It's especially hard since I don't particularly know anyone. Last few times it was someone at school and someone I met at an event at my library. Now, I don't go anywhere except work. lol

Because I got lucky the first couple times, it won't happen again. lol

It's especially hard since I don't particularly know anyone. Last few times it was someone at school and someone I met at an event at my library. Now, I don't go anywhere except work. lol

Go join a group that you are interested in.

I guarantee there is at least 1 woman.

• 4 years later...
(edited)

eHarmony is a terrible site for dating. They never tell you there's a fee until after your three-hour questionnaire. Match is worse, it's nothing but a scam site. Plenty of Fish I sense is up to something, well, fishy, because they access personal information that is not voluntarily given. So far the best of a bad lot is OKCupid.

But there is a lot to be said for the 'real deal' and meeting a girl in person. This is not always easy of course. It is good to frequent places of interest to you where girls might share your interests.

Work and school are very handy because there you have a captive audience (just don't abuse it). The biggest obstacle is getting a girl to talk to you to begin with. Most girls would be receptive if they knew you better from the start, but seldom give you (or themselves) the chance to make that happen. If they have to interact, you'll both have a better chance. It's not sexual harassment, that nonsense is often taken too far. Rather, it's just being sociable. Don't come on too strong, and try going into it without expectations of getting anything out of it. Remember, girls have different social agendas then guys. Just enjoy the moment and let things develop on their own, if they develop. If they don't, try again with someone more receptive.     

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

Just go about it the same as you always do. If you just exhaust yourself trying to find somebody you'll end up with nobody. I met my girlfriend at work and we just hung out a lot. Eventually i took a shot and asked her out because i felt confident enough to try and it worked out.

I think finding love, no matter if it is in person, online or even in the out reaches of space, it is very luck-based. With all of the chaos that can go on in our lives, finding that special someone and connecting with them can be so tricky. This isn't even counting if someone has social problems and things like that. That is why I find myself to be one of the luckiest people alive because I have my boyfriend. Never would I thought that someone like me of all people, someone who is basically the concept of flaws incarnate, would be able to find someone so wonderful. This is of course online, for now, but love is love regardless.

• Brohoof 1