Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would the non-ponies think about the ponies having control over the heavens?

cider float

And when I mean heavens I refer to the sky, space, sun, and moon. The ponies can control the weather and Celestia/Luna decides when the sun and moon shifts. Wouldn't other inhabitants of Equestria have a problem with this? I can imagine an episode about this.

To be honest, it kind of is an unfair advantage Equestria has over every other country.

Or just the ponies have against other species in general.

If they were to every go to war with anyone, than they could easily just manipulate the weather or the sun in order to gain an easy victory.

Griffins can manipulate the weather too (Atleast, they can stand on clouds. They probably trade more advanced control over weather for more brute strength, since both Gabby and Gilda seem to be almost as strong as an earth pony), which leads me to believe that anything with wings also can, including changelings and dragons (Why can't Spike do it? No wings!)

Zebras also probably have a similiar connection with the earth that Earth Ponies have, since Zecora lives deep in the Everfree forest (Altough their powers may be more suited to the wilderness and mystic natural magic than farming and brute strength, which would make them more singular and more free spirited than ponies, which would explain why we haven't seen a zebra nation in the show yet). I'm basically only going off of Zecora for zebras, but that's all we have.

Tirek's species can use magic like unicorns can. Dragons also seem to have some magic with their fire breaths (Whether Spike is a special case or not, I don't know, though I think he isn't an exception, but simply Twilight levels of magically gifted among Dragons) (Again, going only off of Tirek for his species) There are most likely other species that can use magic like Unicorns, meaning they could likely raise or lower the sun too, or maybe a magi-tech machine to do it on a schedule, but none of this is canon anymore and I'm just rambling...

So none of the pony race abilities are really unique. But, then, Alicorns... They are the reason the pony race seems to be OP, because:

1. They are powerful enough to do magical feats that would take loads of unicorns to do (Raise-Lower the sun/moon) and they also just normally break the balance by having all three pony race's abilities. Using the sun as a weapon wouldn't be feasible to an all unicorn nation because of the sheer amount of time and power they would use rendering them defenseless aganist their enemies, but Alicorns make it possible.

2. They are beacons for the pony races to unite under. Alone, the individual pony races aren't any more powerful than the other nations (Pegasi alone aren't really better than Griffons, for example), but united under a common ruler they can all accept, their strengths cover their flaws, and with Alicorn leadership, Equestria becomes a global power.

If any race is OP, it's Unicorns, because we haven't seen much replication of their abilities yet.

Edited by ParadoxicalOutcome

A thousand years ago, a lone griffon burst into a downtrodden pub in Rainbow Falls and started loading himself on the first bottle of strong spirits he could get his fur-rimmed gauntlets on.

The bartender, a stout unicorn of elderly features, demanded of the beast to procure an explanation for such a brutish act that has instilled new fright into the hearts of festively dressed ponies inside.

The feline avian removed the bottle from inside his crooked beak and gurgled the last drops of burning liquid down the feathery throat: “Bad weather.” The protective goggles on his face caught a spark from the warming fire playing inside a humble hearth. The beast chuckled, and of he went, lighter for two golden coins and heavier for a barrel of hot cocoa.

Lesson: when you’re so badass that you can survive all the Equestria-ending calamities without the magic of friendship bullshit, I don’t think you still care for some horned cuties moving rocks over the sky.

• Brohoof 1

It does only seem like the ponies farm so in an agriculture political sense there might not be disagreements but could this be a reason other species like dragons and griffons don't farm? They're forced to be unable to farm because the ponies are in control of the weather?

Agriculture is in fact very important to advance a civilization very far. An immediate food supply right next to their towns is a big whoop. 

Edited by cider float

• 1 month later...