Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash should have a crush

St3venp

I think they should show rainbow dash getting a colt friend, or just having a crush on soarin or ..... I'm tired of lots of people calling her a lesbian, if they show that she does, i would be happy and i will have proof that shes not lesbian

• Brohoof 1

I understand what you're saying here....that people do push the lesbian thing a tad strongly, and being a Rainbow Dash / Soarin shipper, I would also like to see her have a crush on him.

However, I will say this, if any of the mane six WERE to be gay, it would most likely be RD. Her entire character somewhat embodies that notion, and regardless, I doubt the makers of the show would even bother putting that into the show because it isn't really an impotant (or even noted) aspect to RD's character, and they don't like to deviate too often, They just aren't going to give her a romantic interest...female or otherwise.

Rainbow doesn't need a crush to disprove she's a lesbian, she's fine as she is. People saying she's a lesbian are just stereotyping her because she's a tomboy, and that's their own problem. Even if she was a lesbian, so what? She's awesome either way.

I understand what you're saying here....that people do push the lesbian thing a tad strongly, and being a Rainbow Dash / Soarin shipper, I would also like to see her have a crush on him.

However, I will say this, if any of the mane six WERE to be gay, it would most likely be RD. Her entire character somewhat embodies that notion, and regardless, I doubt the makers of the show would even bother putting that into the show because it isn't really an impotant (or even noted) aspect to RD's character, and they don't like to deviate too often, They just aren't going to give her a romantic interest...female or otherwise.

I don't get how Dash "Embodies" that notion? Being a tomboy doesn't make her more likely to be gay than say...Fluttershy or Pinkie.

• Brohoof 2

I don't care if Rainbow would be gay or not, I personally think her having a crush of some kind would be adorable. :3 Imagine RD getting all giddy and such. She sorta was doing that with Daring Do but take that and multiply it. Cuteness overload! I don't think we have ever fully seen her have a crush on another pony so it would be pretty cute. That's all  I want, the cuteness of it. XD

• Brohoof 3

Rainbow doesn't need a crush to disprove she's a lesbian, she's fine as she is. People saying she's a lesbian are just stereotyping her because she's a tomboy, and that's their own problem. Even if she was a lesbian, so what? She's awesome either way.

I don't get how Dash "Embodies" that notion? Being a tomboy doesn't make her more likely to be gay than say...Fluttershy or Pinkie.

Well I don't mean that her being a "tomboy" makes her that way. The thing is that they don't just make Rainbow a tomboy, they honestly make her full on "butch" at times....though it also doesn't help that she's surrounded by rainbows lol 

To be honest, it's just how her character is to me (that goes deeper than being a tomboy), that she would possibly be lesbian if they decided to even venture down that path. (I know I don't explain myself well here)

Well I don't mean that her being a "tomboy" makes her that way. The thing is that they don't just make Rainbow a tomboy, they honestly make her full on "butch" at times....though it also doesn't help that she's surrounded by rainbows lol 

To be honest, it's just how her character is to me (that goes deeper than being a tomboy), that she would possibly be lesbian if they decided to even venture down that path. (I know I don't explain myself well here)

Rainbow's done some "girly" things before. She's worn dresses, cooed about cute parasprites, and recently taken a liking to going to the spa.

Even if she didn't do these things, that wouldn't make her a lesbian. I guess I do find this viewpoint a little confusing.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow's done some "girly" things before. She's worn dresses, cooed about cute parasprites, and recently taken a liking to going to the spa.

Even if she didn't do these things, that wouldn't make her a lesbian. I guess I do find this viewpoint a little confusing.

Eh I suppose nothing says that she HAS to be a lesbian, and like I said in my first post, I do actually ship her with Soarin lol

It's silly to be honest, I just figure that because she fits a stereotype and it is a "childrens show" that if they did give her a romance thing, (and they decided to include homosexuality) they'd make her lesbian, But either way I don't mind. I agree with some others, that her just having any romantic thing could be cute. 

I've always liked Soarin with her though because of the episodes the two of them have interacted it's been super cute and I love how Soarin almost "fangirls" over Rainbow and it spurs the imagination for me lol

• Brohoof 3

Eh I suppose nothing says that she HAS to be a lesbian, and like I said in my first post, I do actually ship her with Soarin lol

It's silly to be honest, I just figure that because she fits a stereotype and it is a "childrens show" that if they did give her a romance thing, (and they decided to include homosexuality) they'd make her lesbian, But either way I don't mind. I agree with some others, that her just having any romantic thing could be cute. 

I've always liked Soarin with her though because of the episodes the two of them have interacted it's been super cute and I love how Soarin almost "fangirls" over Rainbow and it spurs the imagination for me lol

Ah, I get it better now. I wouldn't mind her being a lesbian either, but honestly if the writers did pick her to be one just because she fits the stereotype best, I'd find that a bit silly. This show breaks stereotypes quite a bit, why enforce one? It'll probably never happen though.

As for shipping...Meh, whatever's cute works for me. Whether it's SoarinDash or FlutterDash. :squee:

• Brohoof 2

SU's had no problem very clearly displaying pearl's lesbian crushes, so what's stopping Hasbro from doing the same?

Mostly likely the fact that SU is rated TV-PG, while MLP is rated TV-Y.

Edited by Alphys Hedge
  • Brohoof 1

I don't imagine the show will be doing anything anytime soon to really reveal any characters sexuality but at some point i wouldn't be too surprised is she or the other pones get love interests and I imagine it could be pretty funny since even the scenes of Flutters brother flirting with Rainbow are so funny.

I don't really care what sexuality she is either way but if she is straight i volunteer as love interest!

It's just not in her character to have a crush, wether it's a stallion or a mare. She isn't concerned with having a relationship. Up until she became a Wonderbolt I think she focused and in some instances stressed over if she would be one or not. Still when she becomes a Wonderbolt I think relationships are last on her list. I think she focuses on her image and RD might see relationships as "soft". She likes to be admired, she likes to be cool, I don't see her having a crush.

Because one of the members of the mane 6 having a love interest worked out so well, last time. :dry:

This would probably cause yet another controversy in the fandom, maybe even worse than when Flash Sentry was first revealed.

I mean I go both ways with her, sometimes I'll ship her with Quibble or Soarin and sometimes I'll ship her with Twilight

I'm not a fan of people labeling her a lesbian since it's mostly founded on stereotypes, but I don't think that giving her a crush is the best course of action, especially if that guy isn't someone the fandom already ships her with and if the new guy ends up sucking

As I said before: I don't see Rainbow fitting any strict specific lesbian stereotype, so I would say it's more likely she's bi. As for giving her a crush? I would be okay with it so long as it wasn't forced.

Mostly likely the fact that SU is rated TV-PG, while MLP is rated TV-Y.

then the writers have no place exploring rainbow dash having a crush in the first place, even though i'm sure it's been done in the past with other characters

I don't know if having any of the main characters get in a relationship would be the best for this show about friendship and stuff, but if any character would have a crush, I think Rainbow having one would be the most interesting...

At the same time, I wasn't a big fan of the romantic elements in "Simple Ways" or "Equestria Girls," just because it seems kinda cliched and regressive to base a plot around a character having the hots for a boy. A same-sex romantic subplot would at least be risky. And Soarin? I don't think that's right for their relationship. They're friends and teammates, not lovers.

For the record, I don't see why it needs to be proven that Rainbow Dash isn't a lesbian. What if she were? What's wrong with that? It's not any different from if she were straight. The show probably won't tell us anyway.

just saying, i dont think RD is one to have a crush... more of she would want others to have a crush on her... she does prefer to get than give attention... so it would be simple enough to come to that conclusion.

also, I have personally known a person whom was SUPER FLAMBOYANT... but he did grow up as the youngest kid, in a family of 5 older sisters... BUT he was dating, and messing with ALL OF THE CHEERLEADERS...

another guy I know was the most, well, "manly man" you could ever imagine... but even though he acted straight, he was in fact, very much attracted to men...

so even the actions of how people appear are not enough to determine orientation...

guessing will not be enough, as it is up to the developers to show how she really is.

which brings me back to what I said originally...

she would be the crush, not have a crush... in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash might not be a lesbian as she was also very into how Twilight had a crush on Flash. I can see a nice future with Rainbow and Quibble Pants though. No full on attraction in the beginning but a slow build up towards it.