Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Magic in this show is stupid

user1342342

I haven't insulted anyone, so you and the mods have nothing on me.

I wasn't taking a slight against you. No need to be all defensive around me. But pardon my judgement that calling someone else's response to a discussion of your creation "retarded", especially in the condescending way you come off, is rude.

• Brohoof 3

All of the magic spell books mean nothing unless you are Twilight or her stupid copy. Fuck talent in this show, I already hate this concept in real life. This show amp's that hatred up to mind-blistering levels. Fuck talent, most everything we do in life is learned, and I believe we can do anything with enough blood, sweat and tears.

Don't watch the show if you're gunna bitch about little shit. They did learn it's not like their 2 years old and even then some people are just born able to do things better like kids who are muscular or are really smart and graduate college at 12 years old.

And they don't mean anything cuz no pony else gives a fuck. I don't know who this stupid copy is that you keep referring too but whoever it is you are obviously butthurt about somepony in the show. But yea you seem to be exaggerating about something that doesn't matter so continue to be bitter.

• Brohoof 1

Does anybody else find it stupid that Twilight and her copy can do pretty much everything with magic, while 99% of all unicorns can't do shit? 

I don't. Twilight and Starlight have practiced magic for a very long time so it's only reasonable that they are better at it than those who haven't.  

Edited by Yamet

Don't watch the show if you're gunna bitch about little shit. They did learn it's not like their 2 years old and even then some people are just born able to do things better like kids who are muscular or are really smart and graduate college at 12 years old.

And they don't mean anything cuz no pony else gives a fuck. I don't know who this stupid copy is that you keep referring too but whoever it is you are obviously butthurt about somepony in the show. But yea you seem to be exaggerating about something that doesn't matter so continue to be bitter.

Your profile pic in connection to the post is too delicious.  :yay:

He refers to Starlight Glimmer, I believe.

• Brohoof 1

It's not little shit, and I have every right to speak my mind. If you don't like it, then get out of my thread.

I can't wait until this show crashes and burns into the fucking ground. They've already set this in motion.

Rarity has done things too, like in "Inspiration Manifestation." It isn't limited that much, and Twilight and Starlight are exceptions. It's like saying pegasi are weak because they aren't as fast as Rainbow Dash.

• Brohoof 1

It's not little shit, and I have every right to speak my mind. If you don't like it, then get out of my thread.

I can't wait until this show crashes and burns into the fucking ground. They've already set this in motion.

ahahaha omg you're ridiculous dawg XD

have fun being bitter over little shit

should've known by your thread you were one of those people just wasting wasting people's time to say something stupid

Have fun not having fun

• Brohoof 1

Expressing your opinion is completely fine, being rude doing it however is not. You cannot expect people to be all friendly when you already start cursing in your original post. And tbh, magic is pretty inconsistent, but I don't mind that, because 1) it's a children's show after all and 2) it's magic.

• Brohoof 1

Your profile pic in connection to the post is too delicious.  :yay:

He refers to Starlight Glimmer, I believe.

Ah I'm assuming he read some fanfic where it speculates that Starlight Glimmer is a clone of Twilight to say that

ahahaha omg you're ridiculous dawg XD

have fun being bitter over little shit

should've known by your thread you were one of those people just wasting wasting people's time to say something stupid

Have fun not having fun

Why aren't you gone? Leave. Have fun wasting your own time on a thread you think is pointless. 

Ah I'm assuming he read some fanfic where it speculates that Starlight Glimmer is a clone of Twilight to say that

He's calling Starlight a "Twilight clone" because he thinks they are very similar characters.  He is not saying that Starlight is an actual clone of Twilight. 

Twilight/Twiclone have unlimited talent, and endlessly perfect lives. I have never rooted for characters to fail this hard. The shit they get away with because of it, I don't even need to mention Starlight Sociopath.

Twilight/Twiclone have unlimited talent, and endlessly perfect lives. I have never rooted for characters to fail this hard. The shit they get away with because of it, I don't even need to mention Starlight Sociopath.

Your post seems to contradict itself. If Starlight was a 'sociopath,' how is she perfect? In the last episode she was anytging but perfect. I honestly find her to be a perfectionist, but it kind and sweet also. She reminds me of myself a bit.

Twilight may not have been shown a lot of 'faults,' but she can't solve everything, like with Gabby the Griffon. She also has matured, so her having a student and being the mentor makes sense. Even then she still can have issues with Starlight.

Your post seems to contradict itself. If Starlight was a 'sociopath,' how is she perfect? In the last episode she was anytging but perfect. I honestly find her to be a perfectionist, but it kind and sweet also. She reminds me of myself a bit.

Twilight may not have been shown a lot of 'faults,' but she can't solve everything, like with Gabby the Griffon. She also has matured, so her having a student and being the mentor makes sense. Even then she still can have issues with Starlight.

Did I say she was perfect? No. I said she has a perfect life. She gets away with everything because of how pukingly special she is. That's the theme of the show, magic is friendship.

Did I say she was perfect? No. I said she has a perfect life. She gets away with everything because of how pukingly special she is. That's the theme of the show, magic is friendship.

No offense, but how is that a bad thing? Yes she has done wrong, but she changed, even if she didn't recieve punishment. Sunset Shimmer is the same way. It is a good message.

Edited by Namae

No offense, but how is that a bad thing? Yes she has done wrong, but she changed, even if she didn't recieve punishment. Sunset Shimmer is the same way. It is a good message.

You think that getting away with murder is a good message? Not literally murder, you get the point.

She also hasn't changed one bit, look at how she brainwashed the entire cast against their will. 

You think that getting away with murder is a good message? Not literally murder, you get the point.

She also hasn't changed one bit, look at how she brainwashed the entire cast against their will. 

It is obvious she feels bad for what she did for both. Also, in the previous episode she made an honest mistake. Yes, a terrible one, but she is having difficulty.

It is obvious she feels bad for what she did for both. Also, in the previous episode she made an honest mistake. Yes, a terrible one, but she is having difficulty.

Sure, the murderer is acting calm now, but they still killed people. They must face punishment, I don't care who they are. This show has Starlight, a pony who's committed numerous horrible crimes, getting off scot free, and all she had to say was "sowwy" and "I know". While other characters like Trixie and pretty much every minor antagonist gets enormous shit for the little that they've done. This is a rotten message to kids.

Go and read Paul Butcher's "The Dresden Files" if you want magic that consistently follows a set of rules and "makes sense."  By the way: The nature of magic tends to be vague, varying, and rules-breaking all throughout literature and other forms of entertainment.  Whether we're talking about Tolkien's masterwork "The Lord of the Rings," Lewis' "Chronicles of Narnia," magic-wielding witches and demons from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," or a children's show about colorful ponies, magic is rarely (if ever) handled in a totally consistent or absolutely sensible manner.  But then, it IS magic; don't go mistaking magic for science.  Hell, even science has issues getting its shit straight at times.

• Brohoof 2

Sure, the murderer is acting calm now, but they still killed people. They must face punishment, I don't care who they are. This show has Starlight, a pony who's committed numerous horrible crimes, getting off scot free, and all she had to say was "sowwy" and "I know". While other characters like Trixie and pretty much every minor antagonist gets enormous shit for the little that they've done. This is a rotten message to kids.

I can see why you think this, but if so, what should have they done? At least she can own up to her mistakes, unlike Trixie (well after the first time). Compare this to Twilight when she makes mistakes.

Go and read Paul Butcher's "The Dresden Files" if you want magic that consistently follows a set of rules and "makes sense."  By the way: The nature of magic tends to be vague, varying, and rules-breaking all throughout literature and other forms of entertainment.  Whether we're talking about Tolkien's masterwork "The Lord of the Rings," Lewis' "Chronicles of Narnia," magic-wielding witches and demons from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," or a children's show about colorful ponies, magic is rarely (if ever) handled in a totally consistent or absolutely sensible manner.  But then, it IS magic; don't go mistaking magic for science.  Hell, even science has issues getting its shit straight at times.

I know authors that have spent time working on their lore, defining what magic can do. It's not just "whatever the plot decides". If the writers don't care, why should I care? 

I know authors that have spent time working on their lore, defining what magic can do. It's not just "whatever the plot decides". If the writers don't care, why should I care? 

Why DO you care, then?  You've pretty much asserted as much about the writers of MLP:FIM, have you not?  And I see you and some others got off on a Starlight tangent before I popped in lol.

Why DO you care, then?  You've pretty much asserted as much about the writers of MLP:FIM, have you not?  And I see you and some others got off on a Starlight tangent before I popped in lol.

You're answering a rhetorical question with another question. 

You're answering a rhetorical question with another question. 

And you've just managed to respond without actually responding.  Non-rhetorical question: Why do you care?  Enough to make a topic in the first place.  If I don't care about something, I tend not to attempt engaging others in conversation on the subject.

And you've just managed to respond without actually responding.  Non-rhetorical question: Why do you care?  Enough to make a topic in the first place.  If I don't care about something, I tend not to attempt engaging others in conversation on the subject.

I'm not responding to your answering of my rhetorical question, I'm pointing out the absurdity of it. My point was made very clear, why are you not responding to that?