Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Will Twilight be the main character in the season 7 premiere

heavens-champion

I'm not sure if she herself will be the main character in the season 7 premiere, but I imagine she's going to be getting more focus again next season, along with the rest of the mane six.

I'm not expecting Starlight to go away though, she seems like she's here to stay.

I'm not sure if she herself will be the main character in the season 7 premiere, but I imagine she's going to be getting more focus again next season, along with the rest of the mane six.

I'm not expecting Starlight to go away though, she seems like she's here to stay.

Well, I never expected her to only appear in two seasons.

This might be there plan for keeping the show fresh, switch out the main characters with Starlight and her own Circle of friends well the Mane 6 take the roles of Celestia and Luna but with more screen time

I doubt it will be Starlight, she was de facto main character of both season 6 premiere and finale already.

The writers seem to have heard that some people want less Twilight based on her lack in season 6 and and even season 5 apart from the finale. So her return as the main character is not what I predict but it still could happen.

My hope would be all the princesses together solving a problem since the royal pony sisters especially should contribute. And I want more answers regarding Flurry Heart and more Twilight, just not alone. 

My prediction however is the mane 6 together for now.

I'm probably the only person who liked the season finale because it didn't focus on the mane six.

I have not red that much reactions regarding the finale yet and not on this site but I did not think it was disliked.

I really hope not

At this point, the original Mane 6 have been fully realized as characters and Season 6 then did a glorious job of horrifically butchering that characterization (Cart Before The Ponies and HoofBall Season)

I'd like more CMC and the ponies that aren't in their late twenties to take center stage

• Brohoof 1

Twilight's completed her character arc, and there's no direction for her to go, since she's already powerful enough. She's a princess, she's excellent at magic, and now she's a not bad teacher. If we push her too far, she might turn into a copy of Celestia. Besides, the last season finale was 85% Twilight alone, and she had a sizeable chunk of the story over at season 6 premiere. I for one, actually would love if the show slowly headed for other characters other than the Mane 6. I feel like the more lessons they learn, the more "uninteresting" their character will become. Too much character development can be dangerous, especially in this fandom, where apperently one repeating the same mistake even once after being taught a lesson is impossible and ruins a character forever if done. I think more non-mane 6 ponies could be focused on for the next season, like the CMC, maybe an episode for Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon (What happened to them? They got reformed... and now they're nothing more than a bunch of background ponies), And more (No one strangle me please) Starlight Glimmer.

Though, that's coming from me, the guy that thinks MLP would do better with a new generation of characters entirely after season 7 or maybe 8. We already have enough filly characters to have a 15 year skip and have another bunch of interesting characters to focus on. Plus, it would keep the show from running out of lessons.

• Brohoof 2

This thread wasn't about Starlight.

Got my threads mixed up. My bad.

I really hope not

At this point, the original Mane 6 have been fully realized as characters and Season 6 then did a glorious job of horrifically butchering that characterization (Cart Before The Ponies and HoofBall Season)

I'd like more CMC and the ponies that aren't in their late twenties to take center stage

That's why they can't just drop them now. When the time eventually does come for them to step aside, they need to go out on a strong triumphant note.

I dunno. This season finale broke a huge trend by making the Mane6, INCLUDING TWI, the damsels in distress. I really hope next time we can have Starlight plus some of the Mane6 minus Twi to save the day  

As I previously said...

I think the future new main character is going to be Flurry Hearts (after she's grown up or at least at filly age). I mean, do you think they would make an episode about a never-seen-before alicorn born baby with unimaginable ammounts of power just to keep it a background pony ?

post-39679-0-76662600-1475934594_thumb.png

Not sure, but I hope not, I'd really like to see other characters in the spotlight aswell and not the mane 6.