Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New concept art

TheAnimatorOfficial

They look like the sirens, and are Hippocampi in design rather than looking like the G1 "real life" sea pony designs. This pleases me.

They look great. I wonder if the longer noses are just a thing for the consept art or if they look more like this instead of having the short noses the ponies do.

I think seaponies will still have longer noses than normal ponies based on the images from the russian event; kind of to try and emulate the Long weird mouths of normal seahorses.

1143908__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+d

backlitSeahorse-Steeley.jpg?format=1500w

>now all we need is the revelation that its the stallions that give birth

• Brohoof 5

Ooh, nice! I agree that the long noses are reminiscent of real seahorses. Also interesting to see Rarity and RD as sea ponies...they're adorable. XD I can't be the only one who hopes they somehow work in the old G1 sea pony song, right? The nostalgia would be overwhelming. Shoo be doo!

They look like the sirens, and are Hippocampi in design rather than looking like the G1 "real life" sea pony designs. This pleases me.

I think seaponies will still have longer noses than normal ponies based on the images from the russian event; kind of to try and emulate the Long weird mouths of normal seahorses.

Well, we know those sea ponies aren't background characters at least :dash:

Edited by Steve Piranha

• 2 months later...

Wasn't it revealed that there would be a character in the movie who will be the "queen of the hippos?" I hope that I'm remembering that correctly and not just making something up.

But the new seaponies resemble hippocampi. What if the queen of the hippos thing is referring to hippocampi?

• Brohoof 1

Wasn't it revealed that there would be a character in the movie who will be the "queen of the hippos?" I hope that I'm remembering that correctly and not just making something up.

But the new seaponies resemble hippocampi. What if the queen of the hippos thing is referring to hippocampi?

Nope, you're not mistaken; I've also read about some queen of the hippos. It's not clear if it refers to sea ponies in general, as hippo is greek for horse, but it's not impossible that they've made it short for hippocampi. Hippocampi are greek mythical creatures with the upper body of a horse, and the lower body of a fish, and the name is also given to the genus of, you guessed it, seahorses  :proud:

I wonder if there's going to be some Siren lore in Season 7. Since the Sirens do look like Sea Ponies and they would of likely lived out in the ocean as Sirens in Greek Mythology did maybe there is a relation.

Yes, I believe that's the real one.

I just noticed Rarity and Rainbow Dash had also taken on similar forms of the Sea Ponies. I wonder if there's going to be an underwater adventure.

lol I was just thinking this.

In terms of the underwater part I hope it's 10-15% of the movie max. We came to see ponies and not just seaponies.

The original Sony script had them as seaponies for over half the movie, so hopefully (and I predict) that will be fixed with this new Lionsgate/Disney veteran version.

• Brohoof 1

I'm surprised this thread has been around for this long without anyone mentioning that the picture in that tweet is fan art.

I don't think it's fan art considering it's posted on the official movie twitter :huh:

In terms of the underwater part I hope it's 10-15% of the movie max. We came to see ponies and not just seaponies.

The original Sony script had them as seaponies for over half the movie, so hopefully (and I predict) that will be fixed with this new Lionsgate/Disney veteran version.

Actually, the original scrip had a plot centered on alicorns, with Celly and Luna brother included  :-P