Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Characters Would You Want To See Get A Spinoff Show?

OmegaBeamOfficial

Wouldn't that just be something they can inject into the current show though?

They can but it I'm afraid that it would only be a quick glimpse limited by time. I think it's good opportunity to explain and expand Equestria's history especially on the Royal sisters and a spinoff based on that may fill in some mysterious details like Starswirl and such. It may not be long but a "prequel sorts-of-thing" show might help establish things for FiM later.

• Brohoof 1

Either the rise of Sombra, showcasing everything from who he was before the evil creature he became till the point of his defeat or of the Princesses, showing Luna's change and attempt to overthrow her sister as nightmare moon.

• Brohoof 1

Diamond Dogs! I think you could get 20-minutes entertainment out of watching them trying to pull off jewelry heists. Or you could just make a movie out of Metal Gear Solid 5 where everyone is an animated dog...

• Brohoof 1

Definitely a CMC spin-off series, they need more episodes focusing on their development, and it'd be great if they started traveling through Equestria solving friendship problems. It'd be the perfect excuse for more secondary characters and new locations.

A mini-series about the ponies of Starlight's village.

"The Grrrreat and Powerful Trrrixie's humble but heroic redemption tour with Starlight Glimmer and their wacky misadventures and shenanigans!". Yes, it's a working title  :awuh:

An adventure series about Doctor Hooves, Derpy and Daring Do.

Edited by Baykush
  • Brohoof 2

Going with my original statement of having any spin off serious be dedicated to any and all of the background and side characters (and having a lot of time to kill at the moment) I wrote up a quick episode list of something i would like to see if there were a type of spin off series created in just such a way. I only listed 10 ideas (Episodes) since people can easily add their own to fill out a normal 26 episode season. So this is just my mock up of what I personally would like to see (I also added a couple ideas from requests I see from members here that I really think would be fun) Episodes would be a nice mix of slice of life, comedy and adventure.. a little something for everybody.

My Little Pony: Tails Of Equestria   (I'm so creative.. lulz)

EP #1 - Big Mac's Day Off = Big Macintosh has an entire day off all to himself.. however he quickly learns that every-pony else has plans for him as well... what's a stallion to do for a little peace and quiet?

EP #2 - Stage Fight = A new magician is on the scene, and the great and powerful Trixie may not be as powerful as she thinks she is. In face she may not be great and powerful at all! Can she defeat her new rival and the mirror image it puts before her?

EP #3 - Griffons of a Feather = Gilda is trying to get Griffonstone to embrace friendship and rebuild their empire. Can the hyper optimistic Gabby help her in this endeavor? Or will her enthusiasm destroy everything Gilda has built so far?

EP #4 - The First Rule of Nerd Club = Several of Shining Armor's old friends come to visit, hoping to rekindle their friends love of gaming and geeky pursuits in general.... but is Shining Armor through with that part of his life?

EP #5 - Trial by Magic = Starlight Glimmer faces ghosts from her past now all too real, and must accept her role in their creation and face the consequences of her actions. Can she convince her demons that she truly is a changed Pony?

EP #6 - Wendigos = Double Diamond, Party Favor, Nightglider and Sugar Belle discover that even in a village of friends, disputes can happen. Can they stop the return of creatures who thrive on disharmony despite their own disagreements?

EP #7 - A Day To Remember =  Celestia and Luna are the Princesses of Equestria, but their daily tasks threaten to overwhelm them at times. Can a necessary vacation save their sanity? And will they discover that even 1000 year old alicorns can still learn something new about each other, as well as themselves?

EP #8 - Where the Wild Things Are = Zecora is used to strange and powerful magic.. but when a strange little imp appears out of nowhere with a desperate summons, she discovers some things are better left unexplored.

EP #9 - Goldenhooves = Agent Sweetie Drops is called into action! And Lyra is along for the unwilling & unforgettable ride. Can these two best friends but unlikely partners find the alicorn amulet before it falls into the wrong hands?

EP# 10 - Elements of Harmony = Octavia and DJ-Pon3 share a love of music, but are complete opposites in everything else. Can their love of music save their friendship, when everything else threatens to rip it apart?

So yeah, just some simple ideas I think would make for fun 22 minutes episodes. The Mane 6 could even appear as background characters in some of them to really unite the two series... that would give the overall two series that whole "Meanwhile" feeling. I actually did write up a couple of others, but thought it would be more interesting to let others continue adding their own ideas.

• Brohoof 4

How about Pinkie's sisters? They each have their own stories to tell that are sure to be interesting, and that they would naturally clash with one another because of their respective attitudes.

• Brohoof 3

They can but it I'm afraid that it would only be a quick glimpse limited by time. I think it's good opportunity to explain and expand Equestria's history especially on the Royal sisters and a spinoff based on that may fill in some mysterious details like Starswirl and such. It may not be long but a "prequel sorts-of-thing" show might help establish things for FiM later.

Actually, that's something I hope the movie will explore, Twilight DOES still have access to the book of the Royal Sisters, she can probably read up on the history, which transitions into a flashback. Not something necessary for a whole series, but if the movie doesn't cover it, maybe so. 

Either the rise of Sombra, showcasing everything from who he was before the evil creature he became till the point of his defeat or of the Princesses, showing Luna's change and attempt to overthrow her sister as nightmare moon.

Luna's changes sound more interesting to show, Sombra on the other hand... Eh, there's not enough to him to make an entire series based off his character.

Diamond Dogs! I think you could get 20-minutes entertainment out of watching them trying to pull off jewelry heists. Or you could just make a movie out of Metal Gear Solid 5 where everyone is an animated dog...

Oh yeah, that would be pretty neat.

Definitely a CMC spin-off series, they need more episodes focusing on their development, and it'd be great if they started traveling through Equestria solving friendship problems. It'd be the perfect excuse for more secondary characters and new locations.

A mini-series about the ponies of Starlight's village.

"The Grrrreat and Powerful Trrrixie's humble but heroic redemption tour with Starlight Glimmer and their wacky misadventures and shenanigans!". Yes, it's a working title  :awuh:

An adventure series about Doctor Hooves, Derpy and Daring Do.

Sounds awesome.

Eh, are those ponies really developed enough for a series?

Yus...

And yus...

Going with my original statement of having any spin off serious be dedicated to any and all of the background and side characters (and having a lot of time to kill at the moment) I wrote up a quick episode list of something i would like to see if there were a type of spin off series created in just such a way. I only listed 10 ideas (Episodes) since people can easily add their own to fill out a normal 26 episode season. So this is just my mock up of what I personally would like to see (I also added a couple ideas from requests I see from members here that I really think would be fun) Episodes would be a nice mix of slice of life, comedy and adventure.. a little something for everybody.

My Little Pony: Tails Of Equestria   (I'm so creative.. lulz)

EP #1 - Big Mac's Day Off = Big Macintosh has an entire day off all to himself.. however he quickly learns that every-pony else has plans for him as well... what's a stallion to do for a little peace and quiet?

EP #2 - Stage Fight = A new magician is on the scene, and the great and powerful Trixie may not be as powerful as she thinks she is. In face she may not be great and powerful at all! Can she defeat her new rival and the mirror image it puts before her?

EP #3 - Griffons of a Feather = Gilda is trying to get Griffonstone to embrace friendship and rebuild their empire. Can the hyper optimistic Gabby help her in this endeavor? Or will her enthusiasm destroy everything Gilda has built so far?

EP #4 - The First Rule of Nerd Club = Several of Shining Armor's old friends come to visit, hoping to rekindle their friends love of gaming and geeky pursuits in general.... but is Shining Armor through with that part of his life?

EP #5 - Trial by Magic = Starlight Glimmer faces ghosts from her past now all too real, and must accept her role in their creation and face the consequences of her actions. Can she convince her demons that she truly is a changed Pony?

EP #6 - Wendigos = Double Diamond, Party Favor, Nightglider and Sugar Belle discover that even in a village of friends, disputes can happen. Can they stop the return of creatures who thrive on disharmony despite their own disagreements?

EP #7 - A Day To Remember =  Celestia and Luna are the Princesses of Equestria, but their daily tasks threaten to overwhelm them at times. Can a necessary vacation save their sanity? And will they discover that even 1000 year old alicorns can still learn something new about each other, as well as themselves?

EP #8 - Where the Wild Things Are = Zecora is used to strange and powerful magic.. but when a strange little imp appears out of nowhere with a desperate summons, she discovers some things are better left unexplored.

EP #9 - Goldenhooves = Agent Sweetie Drops is called into action! And Lyra is along for the unwilling & unforgettable ride. Can these two best friends but unlikely partners find the alicorn amulet before it falls into the wrong hands?

EP# 10 - Elements of Harmony = Octavia and DJ-Pon3 share a love of music, but are complete opposites in everything else. Can their love of music save their friendship, when everything else threatens to rip it apart?

So yeah, just some simple ideas I think would make for fun 22 minutes episodes. The Mane 6 could even appear as background characters in some of them to really unite the two series... that would give the overall two series that whole "Meanwhile" feeling. I actually did write up a couple of others, but thought it would be more interesting to let others continue adding their own ideas.

Nice, those are all really cool, creative ideas.

How about Pinkie's sisters? They each have their own stories to tell that are sure to be interesting, and that they would naturally clash with one another because of their respective attitudes.

Yeah, I can see some good comedy coming out of that.

you already know, silento, it was hinted at before ages ago.

sig-4734834.tumblr_msixamEnc01rzd6w3o1_4

when it happens, stick around.

Giggity giggity goo! All right!

Edited by OmegaBeamOfficial
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, I can see some good comedy coming out of that.

They would have to not include Pinkie otherwise she would take over, and she's one of the main characters on the show.

• Brohoof 2

Well, as a background character she wouldn't hurt, but keep her out of the main plot.

So... have Pinkie use sound effects and other gags so long as she doesn't take away the main focus which would be her sisters.

• Brohoof 2

So... have Pinkie use sound effects and other gags so long as she doesn't take away the main focus which would be her sisters.

Yeah, pretty much I'm just thinking the occasional one liner for her once or twice in an episode. Yes the show won't be about her, but I think it would make sense to at least have her around.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, pretty much I'm just thinking the occasional one liner for her once or twice in an episode. Yes the show won't be about her, but I think it would make sense to at least have her around.

You can't have the Pie sisters without Pinkie.

• Brohoof 1

I would watch the sh1t outta that! Maybe Maude could narrate the series.

" Dear. Princess. Celestia...."

• Brohoof 2

A show where Discord learns - or tries to, anyway - how to be more sociable and of the norm with help from Fluttershy... Only to end in disaster in each and every episode. XD

Yeah, that'd be funny. I think It'd also be a chance for Discord to get some character development.

• Brohoof 1

I would watch the sh1t outta that! Maybe Maude could narrate the series.

" Dear. Princess. Celestia...."

I can imagine Celestia reading a letter from Maud and wondering what to make of it.

• Brohoof 3

Dear Maud.

You know that whole fiasco about moving the rock farm was months ago right?

Maud would bring it up regardless of when it happened. Can you image Limestone Pie sending a letter to Celestia?

• Brohoof 1