Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC USS Luna

Mentis Soliloquy

@@Hazard Time

You're more than welcome still, the Klingon however is not an antagonist in this occasion, Luna and her crew will be assisting the Klingons.

I was wondering about that, since the Klingons were antagonists or allies, depending on which Star Trek series this is supposed to take place in.  I could be either or then (Klingon or antagonist), depending on which you feel this thread needs more.

Episode progressing post

(I think the ^ gives it away, but if this is here from now on well it's self explanatory, if it's not please everyone feel free to post your own things, get into shanagins with one another)

I won't be starting the mission for few more posts, I'd like people to interact with one another, well except for Blood cose your know she's completely drunk :P

I'll wait till the rest of the players pit their toons in motion, since Crystal, unless disturbed, will spend an hour in her office, running pre-flight diagnostics and such. Don't want to chew up a full hour and fire up the core without giving others time to do what they want.

Also my research on Romulans is progressing. I have a decent idea of their envoy, personality wise and such.

• Brohoof 1

Talk about warp jumping posts eh? Guess you grew tired of waiting, and since I haven't had anything in store aside from maybe another combadge call and actually firing up the infernal device, I don't mind one bit.

For clarity sake Crys as of 19.00 is at her console in Main Engineering.

I was wanting interaction but only half of us were posting, so I decided to just push us forward into space, maybe that will encourage more posting by a certain 3 people.

• Brohoof 1

She then glanced at Tactical, again nothing there since they were in friendly space

I'm not sure, but I imagine that the tactical officer would be responsible for monitoring the local area for threats. In this case, with dozens or possibly even hundreds of shuttles operating nearby, their job is quite stressful, as any one of those shuttles could be filled with explosives and on a suicide run... or just badly flown and a threat to the ship (although I think collisions are more the helm's thing.)  

@@Shadow Dancer,

until I have someone else to do it, just think of it being an extra role for your OC, hey you do get to be on the bridge.  

@@Once In A Blue Moon,

bearings, since you are the helmsman, thought it might help.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Bearing 

bearings

XY plane bearing by XZ plane bearing, got it.

I took the liberty of designing the thruster layout (apparently the optimal number is four gimbal thrusters - or thruster banks in this case.) I don't know if it will ever be relevant, but behold my magnificent diagram:

post-34886-0-40577000-1481586522_thumb.png

Also, since losing one thruster (and thus needing to scale down the other two thruster banks by the same amount) gives a 91% output when optimally orientated, we know that Luna has 11 thrusters per bank, with one slightly more powerful than the rest.

Also, I should warn you that I will be unavailable for the next couple of days (and will probably not be particularly with it on the third day, either.)

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 2

Okay, so first things first: Look what I found!

So, looking at the reference images the thrusters would be placed in the red rectangles on the aft of the saucer, flanking the Shuttle Bay. The third thruster bank could be at the aft tip of the Engineering Hull

The reference images do not hint where the fore thruster bank is, but let's just assume it's spread alongside the saucer's edge, between weapon systems.

Technicalities aside, nicely done @@Once In A Blue Moon!

I'm in the waiting line till the captain has his turn BTW

• Brohoof 1

And I thought my OC will have a drinking problem...

I don't know about others but I think your long posts may be limiting the options of other players.  Makes it impossible to interact with Blood Drops, you see. Right now all I can do is make Crystal stand there, menacingly, while Blood does the talking. Not to mention that you neatly secured your OC against a certain pissed off mare calling security to Sick Bay. 

@@Raven Rawne,

Since im not sure how much you know on Star Trek procedures, I will make this post. Slightly longer then normal.

there lots of options you can do, 

1. ignore the in fracture (Nothing happens, you just get slightly annoyed) [Possible]

2. Contact Security (Gets put into the security log, can be taken forward to the Complaint/ Reprimand stage) [Possible]

3. Formal Complaint (Complain to the captain, he then talks to me about it. Complaint is logged into my personal file) [Possible]

4. Reprimand (Put into my personal file which then goes on to star fleet. Decides suitability on additional voyages) [Possible]

5. Relived of Command (Either gets directly demoted, or gets dismissed from star fleet altogether) [ Not Possible]

Note: you might have noticed I put a Not Possible for Relived of Command, mainly because the crime itself isn't serious enough. I've only just annoyed you really and played some card games in sick bay. Most i would get out of that is a day in the brig. Or a reprimand. 

If I did something more serious, like try to perform surgery on someone or assaulted someone, then this could be a case for this. However its only a minor infracture. 

Also if i got relived of command, you would have to find another person to fill my empty space, and drop me off at the nearest star base meaning you would need to re-dock to the star base you've just left. You will also need to find 3 senor officers to support you, since i'm one of these I will vote against it. So you will need to get the Captain, Head of Security, First officer, and then Counselor, and one junior officer of command station to overrule me. 

http://www.st-minutiae.com/articles/treaties/general_orders.html

Also. Nopony is to scan, detect or mention anything about a omega particle. This is strictly taboo, any sort of mention of anything rated to this results in death. Same with Talos IV we are not to visit there either ^^.

Edited by BloodDrops

@@BloodDrops,

I'm going to have to concur with Raven on this, massive posts like that are not that helpful to the overall story line, there are set times to post them, but not the one you did this time. As in doing this one like your other where you got drunk, you rule yourself out of interactions with the others, i'd recommend much shorter posts.  

To everyone we'll be paused for a few days until Once in a Blue Moon returns.

• Brohoof 3

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Since we're waiting, maybe we could discuss some helpful things, like shifts? I've read in couple places that there were 3 shifts on Federation Starships, so splitting the day could prove useful later on - not every character may be up or on duty at the same time, which allows for casual interactions or visiting the counsellor (who could also state her business hours). It would also make the whole thing feel a tad more real.

@@BloodDrops,

I said it as soon as I expressed interest in the RP that my Trek knowledge is very limited, and for the most part I'm using common sense and experience from other Sci-fi universes to fill the gaps when I can't find any info on some topic. That being said, it's nice that you shed some light on Starfleet procedures - might be helpful as the RP progressses.

• Brohoof 1