Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do some hate Zephyr Breeze?

Tilgoreth

I know a real life Zephyr Breeze... he is a good for nothing lazy mooch. He won't work for any reason since for him it is beneath him, and always finds reasons why he just can't do it. He does not do school since in his opinion teachers are all idiots and school is for morons that don't know anything about life. His parents take care of him, give him money and pretty much do everything for him. When he gets angry he still throws tantrums and can become verbally abusive and destroy stuff around the house. He is an infuriating person who I cannot tolerate being in the same room with. He is a literal waste of space in my eyes. If he were family I could do something about it perhaps, but he is just family of a friend of mine.

And when I see Zephyr Breeze I just see him. The episode probably would not be so bad, and I could put up with his character if it did not enrage me in it's similarities.

• Brohoof 1

He's a mooching user. He quite willingly and intentionally destroyed much of his father's cloud collection so he could have a place to stay when he forced his parents to let him move back in. Look back at the episode. he was throwing the jars out the window, smashing them. The creep committed a crime. Theft and destruction of property. His mother and father should have called the Cloudsdale law enforcement and had him carted away.

Seriously, that made me angry to see. Yes, they made it silly because his father collected clouds. Think of it like this. What if his father collected Fabergé Eggs? The useless son decided that since he wanted to live in the back house, he'd just destroy his father's prized collection. I can't get passed that. It was a downright evil thing to do to his dad.

He was hilarious. And Fluttershy was great. Also hi KP! :D :D :D :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know a real life Zephyr Breeze... he is a good for nothing lazy mooch. He won't work for any reason since for him it is beneath him, and always finds reasons why he just can't do it. He does not do school since in his opinion teachers are all idiots and school is for morons that don't know anything about life. His parents take care of him, give him money and pretty much do everything for him. When he gets angry he still throws tantrums and can become verbally abusive and destroy stuff around the house. He is an infuriating person who I cannot tolerate being in the same room with. He is a literal waste of space in my eyes. If he were family I could do something about it perhaps, but he is just family of a friend of mine.

And when I see Zephyr Breeze I just see him. The episode probably would not be so bad, and I could put up with his character if it did not enrage me in it's similarities.

I have read your comment. And disagree. Have nice day.

That's the third time you've said that to me, fourth if we include the later one. You have a compulsion to reply don't you?

Only when it's on a topic I started. Also you kept saying you hated Starlight. I loved her. So there.

People really shouldn't be so hard on Zephyr. After all, there was a need for Fluttershy's family at some point during the show.

Whether anyone hates him or not, Zephyr may still return for Season 7, only this time, in an episode also featuring the Pie sisters. Wouldn't it be interesting if we saw Fluttershy and the Pie sisters working together with all four parents, while Pinkie and Zephyr were just goofing around?

• Brohoof 1

People really shouldn't be so hard on Zephyr. After all, there was a need for Fluttershy's family at some point during the show.

Whether anyone hates him or not, Zephyr may still return for Season 7, only this time, in an episode also featuring the Pie sisters. Wouldn't it be interesting if we saw Fluttershy and the Pie sisters working together with all four parents, while Pinkie and Zephyr were just goofing around?

It'd make more send if it was Applejack' s family.

It'd make more send if it was Applejack' s family.

Don't count on it. Applejack has already had too many episodes with Fluttershy in Season 6, and really shouldn't have any in Season 7. Besides, there's not really much in common with Applejack and Fluttershy's families, for a few good reasons:

• Applejack has "no parents", just Granny Smith.
  • Applejack has two siblings (one older brother and one little sister).
  • Big McIntosh is not very shy or timid, he just doesn't speak much most of the time.
  • Brohoof 1

Don't count on it. Applejack has already had too many episodes with Fluttershy in Season 6, and really shouldn't have any in Season 7. Besides, there's not really much in common with Applejack and Fluttershy's families, for a few good reasons:

• Applejack has "no parents", just Granny Smith.
  • Applejack has two siblings (one older brother and one little sister).
  • Big McIntosh is not very shy or timid, he just doesn't speak much most of the time.
I mean Applejack and Pinkie Pie.

I mean Applejack and Pinkie Pie.

Also what Applejack and Fluttershy episodes are you talking about?

Also what Applejack and Fluttershy episodes are you talking about?

Let's see... there's "Bats!", "Viva Las Pegasus"... and, oh yes, "Buckball Season". I think these are enough episodes between them for now.

• Brohoof 1

I think he was a good character to have on the show. One of the great things about MLP is how varied the character personalities are.

Zephyr is pretty much a complete opposite of the Fluttershy and her family: Rude, self-serving, manipulative, and lazy.

He's kind of a Discord in a way, which was amusing. :umad:

However, I still like Discord WAY more though.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

Zephyr is pretty much a complete opposite of the Fluttershy and her family: Rude, self-serving, manipulative, and lazy.

Exactly like Pinkie with her own family, whereas she is pink and loves to throw parties and have fun, unlike everypony else in there.

• Brohoof 2

Y'know, this may be totally innacurate, but I think some people dislike him because he wasn't the perfect shy sibling they wanted Fluttershy to have. I think Zephyr is a brilliant character personally and I like his style :D Another few reasons I am aware of is the fact that people don't like how sassy and... well, owning he is towards Dash. I think it's good to have a ship for her that puts her in her place, he kind of tames her :D Also, I know people don't like Quibble or Zeph because they're rival shops for SoarinDash. C'mon guys, two more legit ships with their very own episodes and you're still fussing over a ship that makes no sense, is practically dead and was basically introduced because Rainbow dash didn't use to have anyone to ship her with.

• Brohoof 2

Y'know, this may be totally innacurate, but I think some people dislike him because he wasn't the perfect shy sibling they wanted Fluttershy to have. I think Zephyr is a brilliant character personally and I like his style :D Another few reasons I am aware of is the fact that people don't like how sassy and... well, owning he is towards Dash. I think it's good to have a ship for her that puts her in her place, he kind of tames her :D Also, I know people don't like Quibble or Zeph because they're rival shops for SoarinDash. C'mon guys, two more legit ships with their very own episodes and you're still fussing over a ship that makes no sense, is practically dead and was basically introduced because Rainbow dash didn't use to have anyone to ship her with.

Actually, most people dislike him because he was an annoying semi-sociopath whose eventual character-development was almost as rushed as Sunset's at the end of the first EQG.

• Brohoof 1

Let's see... there's "Bats!", "Viva Las Pegasus"... and, oh yes, "Buckball Season". I think these are enough episodes between them for now.

I really enjoyed Buckball Season.

I think he was a good character to have on the show. One of the great things about MLP is how varied the character personalities are.

He's kind of a Discord in a way, which was amusing. :umad:

However, I still like Discord WAY more though.

Discord is also friends with Fluttershy. And he's actually changed. Soft Breeze Breeze changed by the end also.

Exactly like Pinkie with her own family, whereas she is pink and loves to throw parties and have fun, unlike everypony else in there.

That comparison actually makes sense.

Actually I'd love to see Quibble again! :D I thought he was hilarious.

Actually, most people dislike him because he was an annoying semi-sociopath whose eventual character-development was almost as rushed as Sunset's at the end of the first EQG.

TThey only had one episode though.
  • Brohoof 1

Cirrus., on 25 Dec 2016 - 1:35 PM, said:sig-4774879.snapback.png

On the surface I agree that there are similarities in how they contrast with their families, but I think there is even a little more to it.

Pinkie throws her parties with the key goal of making others happy. The only time this wasn't the case that I remember was in "Pinkie Pride" when she got too caught up in competing with Cheese Sandwhich instead of paying attention to whether or not Rainbow Dash was enjoying herself. She loves her family including their boringness and she isn't a jerk to them. The "Hearthbreakers" episode is a great example of this.

If Pinkie were more opposite in a way like Zephyr she would probably "poke fun" at them for being lame, or maybe actually think they are. She doesn't though and thinks they are amazing.

Zephyr on the other hand exploits his family's meekness and does what he can to skate by and do what he wants, avoiding work and responsibility.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

Cirrus., on 25 Dec 2016 - 1:35 PM, said:snapback.png

On the surface I agree that there are similarities in how they contrast with their families, but I think there is a little more to it.

Pinkie throws her parties with the key goal of making others happy. The only time this wasn't the case that I remember was in "Pinkie Pride" when she got too caught up in competing with Cheese Sandwhich instead of paying attention to whether or not Rainbow Dash was enjoying herself. She loves her family including their boringness and she isn't a jerk to them.

If Pinkie were more opposite in a way like Zephyr she would probably "poke fun" at them for being lame, or maybe actually think they are. She doesn't though and thinks they are amazing.

I agree with what you have written.I agree with what you have rewritten.

Zephyr on the other hand exploits his family's meekness and does what he can to skate by and do what he wants, avoiding work and responsibility.

I agree with what you have written

Cirrus., on 25 Dec 2016 - 1:35 PM, said:snapback.png

On the surface I agree that there are similarities in how they contrast with their families, but I think there is a little more to it.

Pinkie throws her parties with the key goal of making others happy. The only time this wasn't the case that I remember was in "Pinkie Pride" when she got too caught up in competing with Cheese Sandwhich instead of paying attention to whether or not Rainbow Dash was enjoying herself. She loves her family including their boringness and she isn't a jerk to them.

I agree with what you have written.
  • Brohoof 1

Well, the writers tried to make him a love to hate kind of guy. I think they did a good job in that regard. Some people may also feel he speaks a little to much to their own fears, given his struggle was a "young adult" kind of struggle, and a lot of bronies are young adults. I know I see in Zephyr Breeze someone I'd never want to become and fear becoming.

At the end of the day though, for me he was entertaining and pretty funny. I'd say I like him overall, but I'm not sure how I'd feel if I met a guy like him IRL. Kinda hard to be chummy with a guy like him :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Well, the writers tried to make him a love to hate kind of guy. I think they did a good job in that regard. Some people may also feel he speaks a little to much to their own fears, given his struggle was a "young adult" kind of struggle, and a lot of bronies are young adults. I know I see in Zephyr Breeze someone I'd never want to become and fear becoming.

At the end of the day though, for me he was entertaining and pretty funny. I'd say I like him overall, but I'm not sure how I'd feel if I met a guy like him IRL. Kinda hard to be chummy with a guy like him :lol:

Yeah I feel the same way. I thought he was hilarious.
  • Brohoof 1

I agree with what you have written

I never really thought about how Fluttershy's and Pinkie's families have kind of a similar situation going on. Seeing how today is Christmas, you got me thinking about the "Hearthbreakers" episode. :)

• Brohoof 1

I never really thought about how Fluttershy's and Pinkie's families have kind of a similar situation going on. Seeing how today is Christmas, you got me thinking about the "Hearthbreakers" episode. :)

That was with Applejack' s and Pinkie Pie' s family though. :) :)
  • Brohoof 1

I know, but it is also the best episode that shows Pinkie's family dynamics.

I liked how it showed how Pinkie still got along. Despite the fact that she was so different. It also showed how tradition is something personal and can't be forced on someone.
  • Brohoof 1