Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Ideas On How To Get Into The Holiday Spirit?

Denim&Venöm

About 3 days till Christmas. And so far the holiday season to me feels no different than the rest of the year. Today and the day prior felt no different than the ones that came before. Maybe it's becasue I had an intense work schedule last week. Maybe it's because only my parents and I want to do stuff, but my brother has been a solitary grinch grouch. Maybe I'm the one not doing enough to partake in the season? I dunno. The hype just isn't there for me yet. 

So anyone else just not quite feeling the season? And are there any ideas on how to get excited for the 25th again? 

I usually don't get as excited for Christmas as I used to be because of my age issues. In recent years, they act up and it gives me nothing but bad thoughts that end up culminating in a headache that only causes me pain more than anything else. I try to think of the bright side that Christmas provides but I just can't overcome my problem. With only three days left until the big day, time is running out for you, me, and anyone else who have their own issues.

Watch your favourite Christmas movie, or possibly a new one! I recently watched elf for the first time and I went out and saw he Christmas shops. Not to bug, just to look at the decorations, ornaments and colour. And lastly, watch Michelle creber's vlogs on YouTube, which has christmas songs, fun, and above all laughter. It'll make you feel Christmas even if its raining outside (like here). Hope this helps, and happy holidays ????

My way of getting into the spirit is kinda... odd, I guess you could say. I force it. I find if I can fake it for long enough, it starts to feel real. If that doesn't work, do something in the spirit of the season. Give selflessly, preferably in person to see the look on their face. It boosts me up more than you could possibly imagine just helping someone even just a little, no matter what time of year it is.

So anyone else just not quite feeling the season? And are there any ideas on how to get excited for the 25th again? 

I've been running about with other business on my mind the last few weeks, and I had barely registered that it was just under a week until Christmas day when everything suddenly fell into place and there was nothing to do. Well, aside from worrying about everyone I had forgotten to buy a present for. The net result of which was the feeling that I have rather missed the boat for Christmas festive cheer and so on. On the plus side, I've been shaking an awful lot of hands recently and yet still seem to have avoided getting a cold, so that's good. 

How to solve this... errrm... I'll get back to you on that. Possibly next year; I think that sometimes the typical Christmas emotions can be lost in the background of bigger emotions, so it's a case of 'not this year but maybe next year.'

Not to sound like a Hallmark card, but I think the best way is to spend it with family/friends.  Have a gift exchange, sing carols, eat dinner together...the whole nine yards!

Having said that, like you, I'm not feeling the spirit, and haven't for many years due to several factors I won't bore you with.  I tried decorating the house for a couple years, but even that became more like a chore.  So now the holidays is just time off from work for me, which I am thankful for.

Maybe you could spend some time with some family and or friends.

But if you aren't in the holiday spirit, than it is perfectly okay.

You shouldn't try to force yourself into enjoying the season, because especially considering the events of this year, it is perfectly understandable why someone wouldn't be feeling very festive right now.

• Brohoof 1

I've always found that volunteering at a soup kitchen or just stopping by and chatting with some houseless while giving them some blankets or coats or something, makes me feel much more Christmas-y and thankful for all I have.

• 3 years later...