Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

If anyone wants to have some matches on Tuesday or Thursday let me know. My two mains are Mario and Palutena. My college's WiFi isn't as good so we'd have to be relatively close.. (location is Maryland. (connection is good in Florida and Toronto..) FC is 5172-1450-4569 only have 3ds atm..

(edited)

Anyone else think Melee is the best of the four? Especially if none had online play. Falco is my main in Melee. I can wave dash, spike anywhere off stage, multishine, short hop lazer, and boost grab. Still need to learn the shffl. I like how the Gamecube starts up super fast. By the time you sit down it's game on.

Even in Brawl I played as Falco. Also played Luigi. I regret now that I traded my Wii for a Xbox 360. Oh well, I blame my cats for that. They chewed on the sensor bar cable; the Wii wasn't the same after that. I had to get a wireless sensor bar which always beeped from being left on.

Now the Wii u, you be out of luck if the game-pad-controller broke. So I probably won't get one of those.

Edited by KeithDJohnson
  • Brohoof 1

So, who's gonna vote for Wolf O'Donnel as the next DLC after Lucas?

I'll just leave this link here: https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

I wouldn't even doubt Wolf's return, really. I think we need to focus the voting on characters that Sakurai really needs to see should be added, like Isaac from Golden Sun.

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't even doubt Wolf's return, really. I think we need to focus the voting on characters that Sakurai really needs to see should be added, like Isaac from Golden Sun.

Issac is an assist trophy, so there is 0% chance of him being in. Besides, he's not that iconic.

Issac is an assist trophy, so there is 0% chance of him being in. Besides, he's not that iconic.

#1. It's spelled Isaac.

#2. Isaac is NOT an Assist Trophy in SSB3DS/U.

#3. I don't think that 'iconic', whatever in the world that even means, really counts for much of anything. They asked for our suggestions. Golden Sun and Isaac were pretty big back in the GBA days. Big enough to warrant a track and Assist Trophy in Brawl.

The lack of the AT in SSB4 is actually very strange, as Golden Sun representation was not completely removed from the games. It even got a NEW track in SSB4, from a Golden Sun title that was released after Brawl. Something might be up. And the support for Isaac right now is actually very high. A lot of the community thinks this is the time for Isaac.

• Brohoof 2

#1. It's spelled Isaac.

#2. Isaac is NOT an Assist Trophy in SSB3DS/U.

#3. I don't think that 'iconic', whatever in the world that even means, really counts for much of anything. They asked for our suggestions. Golden Sun and Isaac were pretty big back in the GBA days. Big enough to warrant a track and Assist Trophy in Brawl.

The lack of the AT in SSB4 is actually very strange, as Golden Sun representation was not completely removed from the games. It even got a NEW track in SSB4, from a Golden Sun title that was released after Brawl. Something might be up. And the support for Isaac right now is actually very high. A lot of the community thinks this is the time for Isaac.

1. Sorry, my iPad autocorrected me.

2. Sorry, I thought he was.

3. Yes, being iconic DOES count for something. It's one of THE most important aspects when deciding on characters for Smash. By the way, if you don't know what the word iconic means, then you can't say it doesn't count for anything.

1. Sorry, my iPad autocorrected me.

2. Sorry, I thought he was.

3. Yes, being iconic DOES count for something. It's one of THE most important aspects when deciding on characters for Smash. By the way, if you don't know what the word iconic means, then you can't say it doesn't count for anything.

I have some idea of what the word means, but I also think that it's one of those words that is tossed around without much meaning.

BTW, I'm sorry, but I don't think YOU make the rules of what is the most important aspects of deciding what a character for Smash is. Sakurai tosses in characters from occasion to occasion that aren't such big well-known hits. The biggest examples being the retro characters like Ice Climbers. And as far as I know, Fire Emblem and Mother weren't the most "iconic" series at the time they were introduced into the series. You can correct me if I'm wrong.

Putting Marth and Roy in Melee, and especially deciding to include them in the Western version, was a very wise decision. Fire Emblem has now become a Western series. Awakening was a big success, so much so that the new Fire Emblem 3DS title was announced immediately in the US Direct, alongside the Japanese Direct.

I know that FE and Mother are series that originated on the NES, so don't try to throw that at me. Golden Sun is a newer series, of course. But I would say that it was "iconic" of the GBA era, and it's obvious that they wanted to try to continue on with the DS game, Dark Dawn. Putting Isaac out there in SSB4 would be really neat, as not only does he have great pontential for a moveset, but it would raise awareness of the series, which the two GBA titles are now on the Wii U VC. Hopefully leading to a more successful Golden Sun 4.

Besides, you throw the word 'iconic' at me, yet there are tons of people who want (and are suggesting in droves) characters from titles that haven't even been released yet, like Splatoon. *shakes head*

• Brohoof 3

I agree, Wolf is most likely going to be now. And it's nice to see another Isaac supporter on here, I've wanted Isaac in since Brawl and he really deserves to be in, just imagine his move set potential and that Judgement Final Smash :pinkie: And it is very strange that he got cut as an AT. I don't know about you, but I would love to have Felix as an alt for Isaac, I actually like Felix more than Isaac :P

(edited)

I have some idea of what the word means, but I also think that it's one of those words that is tossed around without much meaning.

BTW, I'm sorry, but I don't think YOU make the rules of what is the most important aspects of deciding what a character for Smash is. Sakurai tosses in characters from occasion to occasion that aren't such big well-known hits. The biggest examples being the retro characters like Ice Climbers. And as far as I know, Fire Emblem and Mother weren't the most "iconic" series at the time they were introduced into the series. You can correct me if I'm wrong.

Putting Marth and Roy in Melee, and especially deciding to include them in the Western version, was a very wise decision. Fire Emblem has now become a Western series. Awakening was a big success, so much so that the new Fire Emblem 3DS title was announced immediately in the US Direct, alongside the Japanese Direct.

I know that FE and Mother are series that originated on the NES, so don't try to throw that at me. Golden Sun is a newer series, of course. But I would say that it was "iconic" of the GBA era, and it's obvious that they wanted to try to continue on with the DS game, Dark Dawn. Putting Isaac out there in SSB4 would be really neat, as not only does he have great pontential for a moveset, but it would raise awareness of the series, which the two GBA titles are now on the Wii U VC. Hopefully leading to a more successful Golden Sun 4.

Besides, you throw the word 'iconic' at me, yet there are tons of people who want (and are suggesting in droves) characters from titles that haven't even been released yet, like Splatoon. *shakes head*

I'm not trying to make the rules. Believe me, I know my place in the community, so don't accuse me of anything! The reason lesser known characters like Marth or Ness were included is because they were trying to raise awareness for a series that was still going on. The reason Ness is still here is because he was in the original Smash Bros, and they said the the original 12 will be in every Smash. Ice Climbers was in because Sakurai wanted someone to represent the NES era, and the only reason they were cut is because the 3DS couldn't handle it. While others may throw iconic around, I do not. Edited by Shenron00

I'm not trying to make the rules. Believe me, I know my place in the community, so don't accuse me of anything! The reason lesser known characters like Marth or Ness were included is because they were trying to raise awareness for a series that was still going on. The reason Ness is still here is because he was in the original Smash Bros, and they said the the original 12 will be in every Smash. Ice Climbers was in because Sakurai wanted someone to represent the NES era. While others may throw iconic around, I do not.

I've been a part of the online Smash community for a very long time. Since you were 3, in fact. ;P

I've learned one thing for certain, and that's that we don't really know what the specific criterae for characters is, or moreover what is the most important, what makes a character disregarded. Anyone who thinks they've got it down is only fooling themselves. Plus, I brought up Mother for a reason. The series has THREE titles in total, just like Golden Sun. The second title, on the SNES, included Ness, the third title didn't come out until the GBA long after SSB64 was made and released.

I know, still different circumstances (Mother 3 was still a planned title at the time, but ran into complications), BUT my point is that you said that Isaac can't make it because he's not "iconic", yet... Ness was? You point at Ness being included because he was from a series that was continuing on... But as I pointed out, there were complications there... Complications that prevented Mother 3 from coming out until well into the 00's.

Maybe Sakurai just saw Ness as a character with a lot of unique potential for a playable character in SSB64. Of course, Ness wasn't by any means a random selection (although he certainly wasn't anywhere near "iconic" enough that I had any clue who in the world he was when I got SSB64), but neither would Isaac be. As I said, he was quite iconic from the GBA era. Nintendo/Camelot probably should have carried on this success real quick into the DS era, but for whatever reason they didn't until late 2009. Either way, don't underestimate the support for Isaac!

Remember also that this is a very special circumstance. They asked US for OUR suggestions. Whatever criteriae they might have had from development of the game (which I don't believe necessarily excludes Isaac, either), things might change a little.

Either way, I think Wolf is safe... If they added back Lucas, Wolf is sure to follow.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've been a part of the online Smash community for a very long time. Since you were 3, in fact. ;P

I've learned one thing for certain, and that's that we don't really know what the specific criterae for characters is, or moreover what is the most important, what makes a character disregarded. Anyone who thinks they've got it down is only fooling themselves. Plus, I brought up Mother for a reason. The series has THREE titles in total, just like Golden Sun. The second title, on the SNES, included Ness, the third title didn't come out until the GBA long after SSB64 was made and released.

I know, still different circumstances (Mother 3 was still a planned title at the time, but ran into complications), BUT my point is that you said that Isaac can't make it because he's not "iconic", yet... Ness was? You point at Ness being included because he was from a series that was continuing on... But as I pointed out, there were complications there... Complications that prevented Mother 3 from coming out until well into the 00's.

Maybe Sakurai just saw Ness as a character with a lot of unique potential for a playable character in SSB64. Of course, Ness wasn't by any means a random selection (although he certainly wasn't anywhere near "iconic" enough that I had any clue who in the world he was when I got SSB64), but neither would Isaac be. As I said, he was quite iconic from the GBA era. Nintendo/Camelot probably should have carried on this success real quick into the DS era, but for whatever reason they didn't until late 2009. Either way, don't underestimate the support for Isaac!

Remember also that this is a very special circumstance. They asked US for OUR suggestions. Whatever criteriae they might have had from development of the game (which I don't believe necessarily excludes Isaac, either), things might change a little.

Either way, I think Wolf is safe... If they added back Lucas, Wolf is sure to follow.

Well, yeah, but the thing is they were planning to make an Earthbound for N64, so they probably wanted to advertise that, but then complications arose. Then again, I could be entirely wrong since I don't actually know the order in which they planned these games.

Anyways, thanks for the Wolf support! I hope Isaac is in some way noticed in Smash (to be honest, I wouldn't really complain if he WAS in. I'm just saying it's unlikely.)

Edited by Shenron00

For the ballot I voted for Bayonetta. I just think she'd fit right in the roster. Though I wouldn't mind Roy, Chrom, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Snake etc being added back in. I'm neutral on Isaac, he'd be nice, but I just can't see a moveset for him. Though they managed to do a snake moveset, so...

Oh yeah, since this is my first post on this thread somehow i'm a Robin main who plays as Lucina and custom Palutena on the side.

(edited)

Anyone else think Melee is the best of the four? Especially if none had online play. Falco is my main in Melee. I can wave dash, spike anywhere off stage, multishine, short hop lazer, and boost grab. Still need to learn the shffl. I like how the Gamecube starts up super fast. By the time you sit down it's game on.

Even in Brawl I played as Falco. Also played Luigi. I regret now that I traded my Wii for a Xbox 360. Oh well, I blame my cats for that. They chewed on the sensor bar cable; the Wii wasn't the same after that. I had to get a wireless sensor bar which always beeped from being left on.

Now the Wii u, you be out of luck if the game-pad-controller broke. So I probably won't get one of those.

You can multishine? I never understood how people's fingers could be that fast.

Melee is probably one of the best smash games (I just wish I could play it as well as I can play Project M). By the way, have you ever tried playing Project m?

Edited by Omar_25
  • Brohoof 2

I'm neutral on Isaac, he'd be nice, but I just can't see a moveset for him. Though they managed to do a snake moveset, so...

I don't think making a moveset for Isaac would be hard at all. It would be fun because there's room for so much uniqueness and variation, even if you stick to Earth psynergy. I've never actually sat down and put together a whole moveset that I remember, but I've thought up various moves. Like B special or Side + B special would be the Ragnarok move. (It would be smaller, but you know. lol) The higher version of the move, Odyssey would make an insanely cool Final Smash too.

Could easily fit in Briar (thorns shoot up out of the ground) as another move.

I wish there was a visual reference for all of these moves, but really with all of these moves, one doesn't even really need much of an imagination to construct a moveset.

Isaac has an incredible amount of potential. I have wanted him for 13 years now. It is time!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Envy

Mmm, I can see what you mean. However, if his special moveset was majorly psynergy or more, they'd need to put some kind of limit on how much he can use, like Robin but perhaps a bit different. Because god knows if he could spam all of his psynergy without some kind of limit or punishment he would become the next Meta Knight. Perhaps recoil from certain moves like Charizard's Flare Blitz? I can see his Briar being his down-b move, with the spikes acting as a shield to swords, kicks, etc, basically (Dark) Pit's Guardian Orbitars however it doesn't block projectiles and can only stay up for so long. Ragnarok could work with recoil. His up-b could be a form of Carry where he lifts himself up the stage (?). Neutral B could possibly be Rockslide, as in attacking with rock projectiles that are slow-moving but do good damage and stun on hit (I know it doesn't stun in the game, but Sakurai can make design decisions for the greater good... sometimes for the worse (Bowser not talking, Peach's weird voice), sometimes for the better (Robin's Nosferatu, Zero Suit Samus's entire battle style, Duck Hunt in general)). I haven't played Golden Sun in years, so i'm a bit rusty on my psynergy knowledge.

When i'm bored I do like to make movesets for characters, so perhaps I could brainstorm a creative and more in deph one for Isaac sometime.

Edit: Spelling error

Edited by Shift

(edited)

You can multishine? I never understood how people's fingers could be that fast.

Melee is probably one of the best smash games (I just wish I could play it as well as I can play Project M). By the way, have you ever tried playing Project m?

Yeah I can do multishine. Sometimes it doesn't come out right. What happens is I'll start jump shining. Sometimes from that I'll get two hits.

I hold the controller a little differently than most. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be able to multishine. Trick is getting the rhythm down. Now Fox is a little harder. I can get him to multishine too, but not as easily as Falco. Even more difficult is the Waveshine Infinite. I guess I don't have to learn that since only Fox can do it. Westballz is crazy good at multishine.

No I haven't tried ssbpm, by the time I traded my Wii, I didn't know about Project M which is part of the reason I regret trading consoles. Who do you play in Project M? Maybe I'll save up money for another Wii, who knows. Cool that Fox and Falco are still top tier. 

Edited by KeithDJohnson
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah I can do multishine. Sometimes it doesn't come out right. What happens is I'll start jump shining. Sometimes from that I'll get two hits.

I hold the controller a little differently than most. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be able to multishine. Now Fox is a little harder. I can get him to multishine too, but not as easily as Falco. Even more difficult is the Waveshine Infinite. I guess I don't have to learn that since only Fox can do it.

No I haven't tried ssbpm, by the time I traded my Wii, I didn't know about Project M which is part of the reason I regret trading consoles. Who do you play in Project M? Maybe I'll save up money for another Wii, who knows. Cool that Fox and Falco are still top tier. 

If you have a Wii U, you could always just use Project M on Wii mode(and no, you don't need to hack anything)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If you have a Wii U, you could always just use Project M on Wii mode(and no, you don't need to hack anything)

hmmmm idk. Then I have get a gamecube controler adapter. But I do like the wii u pro controller. Thanks for the input; I might just do that. Of course I would have to save up more money. :unsure:

Edited by KeithDJohnson

(edited)

I hold the controller a little differently than most. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be able to multishine. Trick is getting the rhythm down. Now Fox is a little harder. I can get him to multishine too, but not as easily as Falco. Even more difficult is the Waveshine Infinite. I guess I don't have to learn that since only Fox can do it. Westballz is crazy good at multishine.

Westballz is really good, but I prefer mango's or PPMD's. But have you ever seen Hax?

Oh do you claw the controller? that would probably help.

Right now in PM I've been playing Fox and Wolf with a little bit of falcon, Ike, and lucario.

Edited by Omar_25
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Westballz is really good, but I prefer mango's or PPMD's. But have you ever seen Hax?

Oh do you claw the controller? that would probably help.

Right now in PM I've been playing Fox and Wolf with a little bit of falcon, Ike, and lucario.

I watched a lot tournaments on youtube. My favorites are Mango, Dashizwiz, Westballz, and Mewtwoking. I haven't watched too much of Hax, but have heard of him.

Exactly, I claw it like a computer keyboard. I found I never hit the R at all, so I gave it a try and never went back. Now the z, I still have to get used to the switch over. It's like I have to reach for it every time. Good thing I got long thin fingers! Try tapping your middle and index finger on a desk, and you'll see how easy it is to do. down + bybybybyby

I liked playing as wolf too. When I played Brawl online, Ike, Meta Knight, or Marth would always win. Sometimes I get lucky.

Edited by KeithDJohnson

I watched a lot tournaments on youtube. My favorites are Mango, Dashizwiz, Westballz, and Mewtwoking. I haven't watched too much of Hax, but have heard of him.

Exactly, I claw it like a computer keyboard. I found I never hit the R at all, so I gave it a try and never went back. Now the z, I still have to get used to the switch over. It's like I have to reach for it every time. Good thing I got long thin fingers! Try tapping your middle and index finger on a desk, and you'll see how easy it is to do. down + bybybybyby

I liked playing as wolf too. When I played Brawl online, Ike, Meta Knight, or Marth would always win. Sometimes I get lucky.

I would have to say that my favorite's to watch would be Hax, Amsa, Leffen, PPMD, Lord, and Mango.

I may have to try clawing my controller sometime.

By the way, do you have a smashboards account? Just curious.

(edited)

I would have to say that my favorite's to watch would be Hax, Amsa, Leffen, PPMD, Lord, and Mango.

I may have to try clawing my controller sometime.

By the way, do you have a smashboards account? Just curious.

I never heard of Lord. I like to mention kdj(kinda similar to my mlp name) and pc chris, but all Melee pros are ridiculously good. Have you watched Isai? He was pretty good when he played Melee. But he is even better in smash 64. I used to play a lot of smash 64 growing up which is probably why I currently like every smash hit so much.

Yeah clawing takes a while to get used to. But you might not like it especially if you use R a lot. I haven't seen any pros use this method though, so it might not be a good way to play. Well I like it. I feel it's easier to short hop too. I can think of a few more benefits.

Yep I go by the name “foretron” at the Smashboards. However, I haven't gone there in a while. I posted one time on a thread that we were talking about which tv be the best for ssb4. I said the Sony Trinitron xbr. Well actually an Oled be nice to play on. I just like my xbr, lol. Smash Melee looks twice as good on it.

I sell a lot of crt tvs; I get them for free then sell 'em for a good profit especially the Sony's.

Edited by KeithDJohnson