Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Should Dash's ego run in the family?

ggg-2

I've been thinking about the reveal of Rainbow Dash's parents we got recently and how would you feel if Dashie's signature ego ran in the family?

It seems like they would be, which could explain her ego. Fluttershy's parents are also shy, so it would make sense. There may be differences though, like Rarity's. It' impossible to tell right now.

I think they might be both fairly athletic, and constantly push their daughter to do more. Rainbow Dash has an air of self confidence because she's trying to prove it to herself as much as she is to anyone else, because they were always so hard on her.

• Brohoof 1

Just going by their names, I feel like we'll see a Rarity situation where she hardly, if at all, takes after her parents. Though if William Shatner is showing up(and does voice her dad like people seem to want), chances are the ego will be the only thing she takes from them

I would be okay with that. Imagine if they had a larger ego than Dashie! We then can have Rainbow telling them to be more humble, but not in a humiliating way. RD has gotten way too much humiliation before, we need her to take a stand. I want her parents to be likable and all, but I want them to have some flaw they are not aware of and their daughter helps them with it.

High skill achievers who try perfecting their skill-oriented craft can more easily be down on themselves due to attempting to be the best and it requires such high standards. I think thats why Dash accepts the humiliation, also because its like Frats or Army initiation or something? A test of character or how much they can put up with, to prepare them for worse tensions later. I don't really know.

This could provide one of two outcomes. The first is that her parents are as egotistical as she is--maybe even more so--and this results in Rainbow Dash showing some resentment towards them because of their attitude. The second would be the reverse of the first in that her parents are ashamed that their daughter acts the ways she does.

I have often thought that Dash was the youngest & not taken seriously.  That her bragging was a cry for attention. It makes sense that at least one of her parents was an athlete & pushed her. Well, this year we'll finally see.