WARNING! For Starlight haters, best not to be here! This is a "what if" scenario. So it's not like it's actually happening!

Alright, so let's say the Elements of Harmony has been disconnected from the Mane Six and moved onto new characters. The Mane Six now have Rainbow power to use, and the elements themselves are back into the tree. So what if Equestria's in trouble (again), and the Mane Six are unable to save Equestria, OR Rainbow power ain't enough to stop the villain, and the answer is to have DOUBLE the friendship power? 

Starlight is Element of Magic... who do you choose for the other five?

Here's my choices:

* Trixie - Element of Honesty - I know Trixie wasn't always honest in the past, but given "Where the Apple Lies", AJ wasn't either! So what if Trixie became an honest magician? She's been pretty honest with Starlight ever since No Second Prances, so perhaps she might fill in the slot for Applejack!

* Discord - Element of Laughter - Discord's funny, but his humor is more for self-humor instead of making others laugh. Perhaps this could change!

* Spike - Element of Loyalty - Spike's ALWAYS been loyal to his friends and all of Equestria! Spike fills this role by a long shot! And hey, given that he was the replacement Rainbow Dash in the season 2 premiere, it would make it a foreshadow!

* Thorax - Element of Generosity - I at first wanted to give Thorax "Kindness", but Thorax was the first changeling to GIVE love instead of take it! Also I couldn't find any other characters that should have generosity, so Thorax it was!

* Big Mac or Scorpan - Element of Kindness - It actually depends! Big Mac is very kind, and to give him something special, maybe he would be the new Element of Kindness, since Big Mac always wanted to be a hero like AJ! But then again, if Scorpan ends up coming to the show, he might be considered kind and take the spot! But I dunno for sure.

Starlight would obviously be the element of Magic

Discord would be the element of Laughter

Thorax would be the element of Kindness, as he was the very first changeling to seek out friendship, and would want to be a firm and kind ruler to his subjects.

Spike would be the element of Generosity, sure dragons are portrayed as being greedy in the show, but Spike has been shown multiple times throughout to be capable of sacrifice and even has a crush on the former bearer of the element of Generosity.

Trixie would be the element of Loyalty, because she seems to have really become a quite loyal friend to Starlight, willing to go along the dangerous quest in the season 6 finale, if only for her sake. 

Big Mac would be the element of Honesty, because honesty runs in the apple family.

9 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

WARNING! For Starlight haters, best not to be here! This is a "what if" scenario. So it's not like it's actually happening!

Alright, so let's say the Elements of Harmony has been disconnected from the Mane Six and moved onto new characters. The Mane Six now have Rainbow power to use, and the elements themselves are back into the tree. So what if Equestria's in trouble (again), and the Mane Six are unable to save Equestria, OR Rainbow power ain't enough to stop the villain, and the answer is to have DOUBLE the friendship power? 

Starlight is Element of Magic... who do you choose for the other five?

Here's my choices:

* Trixie - Element of Honesty - I know Trixie wasn't always honest in the past, but given "Where the Apple Lies", AJ wasn't either! So what if Trixie became an honest magician? She's been pretty honest with Starlight ever since No Second Prances, so perhaps she might fill in the slot for Applejack!

* Discord - Element of Laughter - Discord's funny, but his humor is more for self-humor instead of making others laugh. Perhaps this could change!

* Spike - Element of Loyalty - Spike's ALWAYS been loyal to his friends and all of Equestria! Spike fills this role by a long shot! And hey, given that he was the replacement Rainbow Dash in the season 2 premiere, it would make it a foreshadow!

* Thorax - Element of Generosity - I at first wanted to give Thorax "Kindness", but Thorax was the first changeling to GIVE love instead of take it! Also I couldn't find any other characters that should have generosity, so Thorax it was!

* Big Mac or Scorpan - Element of Kindness - It actually depends! Big Mac is very kind, and to give him something special, maybe he would be the new Element of Kindness, since Big Mac always wanted to be a hero like AJ! But then again, if Scorpan ends up coming to the show, he might be considered kind and take the spot! But I dunno for sure.

I'm not so sure about big mac or scorpan. I think there is potential a Spike Trixie Disco Starlight elements. Or just Trixie Starlight and spike.

I think its a bad ideal to actually try to connect them to elements in that way. I think it would be better to just say "The new main six" But let's also understand that main six is not the main six. Its actually the main seven. Spike has always been part of the dynamic. And should also be. Thus the ideal of spike being part of starlight group is a bad ideal.

so...

-

Starlight Glimmmer. (Twilight)

Trixie. (Maybe there version of Rarity?)

Cheese Sandwich.... (Pinkie)

-

Discord. (There version of spike I feel)

Thorax. (Kind of there version of Cadence I feel?)

-

I don't know that there are that many other options open to them. I think you would need to build the rest of the group. but...

-

Maybe Gilda. (I don't like this ideal, but I don't like the ideal to start with)

Thorax is a bad ideal. Because he's a leader. That would be like Cadence becoming a main cast member.. she kind of has stuff to do.

But over all I think if they wanted to do this, they would more or less have to build a second cast of six...

Also: Princess Baconhair.... But like.. The human world baconhair, only thrown into the pony world... I want that.

(edited)
27 minutes ago, blackstarraven said:

I think its a bad ideal to actually try to connect them to elements in that way. I think it would be better to just say "The new main six" But let's also understand that main six is not the main six. Its actually the main seven. Spike has always been part of the dynamic. And should also be. Thus the ideal of spike being part of starlight group is a bad ideal.

so...

-

Starlight Glimmmer. (Twilight)

Trixie. (Maybe there version of Rarity?)

Cheese Sandwich.... (Pinkie)

-

Discord. (There version of spike I feel)

Thorax. (Kind of there version of Cadence I feel?)

-

I don't know that there are that many other options open to them. I think you would need to build the rest of the group. but...

-

Maybe Gilda. (I don't like this ideal, but I don't like the ideal to start with)

Thorax is a bad ideal. Because he's a leader. That would be like Cadence becoming a main cast member.. she kind of has stuff to do.

But over all I think if they wanted to do this, they would more or less have to build a second cast of six...

Also: Princess Baconhair.... But like.. The human world baconhair, only thrown into the pony world... I want that.

I understand the Thorax part, but Twilight's a leader and yet she's still an element! And the reason I included Spike was because even though he hangs with the Mane Six alot, he doesn't have all the features the Mane Six has, and he isn't even included in certain Mane Six adventures. So he gets his own group of friends, and does adventures with them! It's not like he's abandoning Twilight since Twilight is his number one priority, but he could use some adventures without her! I mean that's why I found her and Rarity's involvement in Gauntlet of Fire to be pretty useless. 

But hey, if that's how ya want Starlight's Mane Six to be, I won't question that! ;)

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

I understand the Thorax part, but Twilight's a leader and yet she's still an element! And the reason I included Spike was because even though he hangs with the Mane Six alot, he doesn't have all the features the Mane Six has, and he isn't even included in certain Mane Six adventures. So he gets his own group of friends, and does adventures with them! It's not like he's abandoning Twilight since Twilight is his number one priority, but he could use some adventures without her! I mean that's why I found her and Rarity's involvement in Gauntlet of Fire to be pretty useless. 

But hey, if that's how ya want Starlight's Mane Six to be, I won't question that! ;)

Well Twilight is kind of a leader... She not the Princess of Ponyville for instance.

And as a point. She's a Leader NOW. She was not when she started.

-

as for spike. Oh no I agree he does need more 'spike time'

but that being said. My point was more that Spike is his own role in the group. That I feel a 2nd group would actually need.

And you kind of hit the nail on the head with Priorities. This is the reason I think that Thorax is a bad pick. Because his Priority should be the changelings. not a group of friends.

-

And ya, we all have our own ideals and likes/dislikes.

But I'm more coming at it from the direction of.

"Some things make a group work, and some things make a group not work"
-The thing about Twilights friends is that I don't think they would be a 'friend unit' if it was not for Twilight being in the middle.

I really don't feel like Starlight has that going on with a group of friends yet.

I mean heck, as of right now I would argue that Discord is more Trixies friend then Starlights.

-

I was just saying. I don't thin there IS a 2nd mane cast worth of connections with starlight yet.

Coco Pommel - Element of Hope

Miss Pommel, the pony with the stars in her eyes, she shan't let any obstacle prevent her from doing what she knows to be righteous in the very core of her being. Coco, the light in the darkness; she sacrifices herself in order to bring hope back to the masses. In fact, it would seem she is the very physical embodiment of the Element of Hope; she brings hope to the mane 6 after their season 4 Manehatten debacle by presenting them with the very FIRST of the keys necessary to unlock their ascended forms and quell an evil tyrant hell-bent on destruction of everything pony-kind holds dear, she brings hope to the citizens of Manehatten by sacrificing her very sanity in order to bring about the restoration of the one and only event which holds their precious community together, and she brings hope to the fandom those of who had not committed suicide after the season 3 finale, somehow managed to find new purpose and meaning in their lives once our little miss Coco Pommel graced her way onto their television sets/ computer screens. Truly an awe-inspiring pony, to be sure.

Diamond Tiara - Element of Light 

Big Macintosh - Element of Reliability

Trixie - Element of Sincerity

Spike - Element of Courage

^I would write walls of text for each of the above characters as well, but I don't wanna be here for 3 hours @_@;