Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The New Elements Of Harmony (Reboot) OOC

~Natural Beauty~

2 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Well the root to causing everyone to be mesmerised by the sight of the capes flowing in the wind is actually a core component of thi personality and instinctual behaviour structure. But the mesmerisation effect can be bypassed or enabled with higher sensitivity so they will get mesmerised by their own capes even! So maybe Ennex tries to mess around with the instinct and he spawns massive capes on himself, Ravage and maybe even Chrysalas and her army! :)

@Techno Universal

perhaps... but instead of also spawning capes, i was hoping for some sort of immunity.  Or like, with the mind tricks from star wars, it wouldn't work on strong-minded, like Ennex and possible Ravage.  But the main reason I asked is if Ennex can simply block it from just himself.  I kinda have an Agent Smith-like idea, but it would only work if he can make just himself immune...

Edited by nx9100

@Techno Universal

Think all the Agent smiths from matrix.  except the changeling/Ennex/clones don't have all his powers.  they still have changeling fighting ability, now paired with his intelligence.  I thought this could be a bigger threat that the good guys have to face, since Ennex can now literally take over others.  Now he has a clear-cut goal, and they have something specific to fight against.  

1 minute ago, nx9100 said:

@Techno Universal

Think all the Agent smiths from matrix.  except the changeling/Ennex/clones don't have all his powers.  they still have changeling fighting ability, now paired with his intelligence.  I thought this could be a bigger threat that the good guys have to face, since Ennex can now literally take over others.  Now he has a clear-cut goal, and they have something specific to fight against.  

Careful with mind control. It can get quite messy in rp's if you try to take over another players character. It gets dangerously close to Godmod territory. Also I'm guessing that you are a villain then yes? 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Careful with mind control. It can get quite messy in rp's if you try to take over another players character. It gets dangerously close to Godmod territory. Also I'm guessing that you are a villain then yes? 

yes, I'm the primary villain.  Ennex has removed Sombra from power, and is now working with Chrysalis.  But he has his own plans...

And I understand your concern.  I have no intention of mind-controlling player characters, just NPC's, like other changelings or random ponies around town.

Edited by nx9100

6 minutes ago, nx9100 said:

yes, I'm the primary villain.  Ennex has removed Sombra from power, and is now working with Chrysalis.  But he has his own plans...

And I understand your concern.  I have no intention of mind-controlling player characters, just NPC's, like other changelings or random ponies around town.

Alright so what exactly is going on between you and techno right now? There is a lot of things happening and there are very little explanation of HOW they are happening. 

ARe you both taking over changelings? Are you cloning? What are the limits of this? What are the drawbacks? How fast can you do this? What's to stop you from taking over the world in a couple posts? 

@Techno Universal hey, no fair trumping my idea right off the bat!  lol

I didn't think Techno would do the same thing, since what Ennex is doing is overpowering the changeling host's own personality.  That would mean that Techno is doing the same thing, which wouldn't that be against what he and the others believe in?

@Buck Testa, Ennex was going to use changelings, and maybe random ponies at some point, to copy himself like Agent Smith in the Matrix movies.  But slowly, one at a time, so as not to overpower all at once.  I know how to control myself, lol.  as for limits, the copies don't have any special powers except to copy into one other changeling/pony.  but they can be defeated like any other soldier, as I was going to assume that the good guys would find a way to reverse the process at some point.  But it seams Techno is trying to steal my thunder, lol.

Edited by nx9100

3 minutes ago, nx9100 said:

@Techno Universal hey, no fair trumping my idea right off the bat!  lol

I didn't think Techno would do the same thing, since what Ennex is doing is overpowering the changeling host's own personality.  That would mean that Techno is doing the same thing, which wouldn't that be against what he and the others believe in?

Yeah but still this is another opertinitopertunity to mess with Techno's system so maybe here Ennex and Techno figure out how to stop each other from making the clones! :)

Just now, Techno Universal said:

Yeah but still this is another opertinitopertunity to mess with Techno's system so maybe here Ennex and Techno figure out how to stop each other from making the clones! :)

maybe.  I was hoping that Techno would have to go back to the rebels, let them know what's happening, and have to discover a way to reverse the process before Ennex changes everypony into copies of himself.  Take some time, draw out the RP and such....

13 minutes ago, nx9100 said:

Ennex was going to use changelings, and maybe random ponies at some point, to copy himself like Agent Smith in the Matrix movies.  But slowly, one at a time, so as not to overpower all at once.  I know how to control myself, lol.  as for limits, the copies don't have any special powers except to copy into one other changeling/pony.  but they can be defeated like any other soldier, as I was going to assume that the good guys would find a way to reverse the process at some point.  But it seams Techno is trying to steal my thunder, lol.

It seems less like the Matrix and more like attack of the body snatchers, or Xehanort from KH copying his hearts into other organization members. Still it has potential, but you're definitely going to want more exploits and vulnerabilities for the ability. Maybe the natural ambition you have causes them to be less cooperative over time (since you are copying your persona into them and not actually controlling them like you mentioned in the rp). Or maybe it becomes harder to manage as more of them are taken over. Learning curves for powers are a good way to mitigate their potency. Having him not be entirely perfect at it right away is a good idea. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Yeah I'm going to have to call Mary sue on Techno for that one. Being able to instantly mimic/counter a big reveal like that with very little effort is not good rp etiquette. 

I see your point.

But honestly, my character, Will Guide the Rogue Changeling's goals are helping the rebels, freeing the Changelings from evil control, and hopefully someday help his race get along with the rest of Equestria.

The posts I'm best at writing on when my OCs converse with others, getting to know the other OCs. Fully, detailed action scenes I'm not good at writing.

32 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Maybe the natural ambition you have causes them to be less cooperative over time (since you are copying your persona into them and not actually controlling them like you mentioned in the rp). 

lol, don't get ahead of the story!  honestly, i was planning on something like that as we went on.  and i got the idea from this scene in Matrix 2.  was going to do something like that.....if @Techno Universal let's me, hehehe:derp:

Edited by nx9100

1 hour ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I see your point.

But honestly, my character, Will Guide the Rogue Changeling's goals are helping the rebels, freeing the Changelings from evil control, and hopefully someday help his race get along with the rest of Equestria.

The posts I'm best at writing on when my OCs converse with others, getting to know the other OCs. Fully, detailed action scenes I'm not good at writing.

Most veteran rpers have a few consistent rules they like to maintain with one another. 

1) Define your characters strengths weaknesses and limitations as soon as possible: The temptation to make your character perfect and super powerful at everything is quite tempting, which is where this rule comes into play. Define your strengths, your drawbacks, and your exploits for both your physical and mental abilities and it will let people know what to expect from him. 

I'll use Nijah Primrose as an example: 

Strengths: He is a strong combatant and does not intimidate easily. He has a charismatic persona that draws others attention and he can be quite theatric when the situation calls for it. He also has his own sense of right and wrong (I.E do I like them or do I not?) which more often than not aligns with the ponies interests. 

Weaknesses: He has a real bad habit of judging a book by its cover. If someone looks ugly/evil to him, then he will more often than not treat them as such. He also does not have a filter on his sass, which can and will affect his interpersonal relationships with others. Dragons tend to be solitary creatures where he comes from, so the idea of loyalty and sticking around others for prolonged lengths of time is foreign to him. He is way TOO into fighting. He relishes in combat and will go overboard even in a sparring match. He thinks of others in how they relate to him. Are they HIS allies, what can they do for HIM, what have they done for HIM lately. He's not completely above admitting mistakes, but he's a stubborn guy and does not back down from an argument easily, even when he's in the wrong. It usually takes some self reflection afterwards on his part before he can admit an error. 

Exploits: He is vain as hell. Buttering him up with compliments about his appearance will inflate his ego to dangerous proportions and make him much more likely to be persuaded to do something. Insulting his appearance is also a good way to get him angry real fast. He's obsessed with maintaining a youthful appearance despite his age, so calling him old is an especially sore spot for him. If he asks you how old he is, for the love of god guess low lol. 

2) God Modding / Stealing Thunder is a no no:  Assuming another characters actions, effortlessly countering anything and everything they do with fresh new abilities you pulled out of your ass, and other obtuse practices that can make even the most reasonable player call foul should be avoided. RPing is a practice in improvisation, and one of the chief rules of improv is roll with what the other person is doing. If you're fighting someone and they pulled a cool move, roll with that attack and reward them for the good post. If you do counter it, make sure you still make the other character feel like they are actually doing something. Good rule of thumb is decide the outcome of a physical fight in PM or OOC before it happens in the session proper. That way there are no hard feelings when one "wins" over the other. The importance of the fight is not winning after all, it is character interaction and relationship development. Arguments or other less combat oriented affairs are played more by ear and don't usually require the ooc/pm thing. 

3) Grammar, use it! It is quite difficult to roleplay when you cannot read another person's post. It doesn't need to be absolutely flawless all the time. Mistakes happen after all. However when the entirety of the post is rife with spelling errors, run on sentences, and other grammatical errors it can really hamper the experience. 

4) Mirror a post's effort: If someone put a lot of effort into a post, It can really disheartening when you only get a couple lines in response. Sometimes it can work, but for the most part try to mirror the post size and detail as much as possible. 

1 hour ago, nx9100 said:

lol, don't get ahead of the story!  honestly, i was planning on something like that as we went on.  and i got the idea from this scene in Matrix 2.  was going to do something like that.....if @Techno Universal let's me, hehehe:derp:

Princess Sparkle! Weee misssedd yoooooouuuu 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 2

30 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Most veteran rpers have a few consistent rules they like to maintain with one another. 

1) Define your characters strengths weaknesses and limitations as soon as possible: The temptation to make your character perfect and super powerful at everything is quite tempting, which is where this rule comes into play. Define your strengths, your drawbacks, and your exploits for both your physical and mental abilities and it will let people know what to expect from him. 

I'll use Nijah Primrose as an example: 

Strengths: He is a strong combatant and does not intimidate easily. He has a charismatic persona that draws others attention and he can be quite theatric when the situation calls for it. He also has his own sense of right and wrong (I.E do I like them or do I not?) which more often than not aligns with the ponies interests. 

Weaknesses: He has a real bad habit of judging a book by its cover. If someone looks ugly/evil to him, then he will more often than not treat them as such. He also does not have a filter on his sass, which can and will affect his interpersonal relationships with others. Dragons tend to be solitary creatures where he comes from, so the idea of loyalty and sticking around others for prolonged lengths of time is foreign to him. He is way TOO into fighting. He relishes in combat and will go overboard even in a sparring match. He thinks of others in how they relate to him. Are they HIS allies, what can they do for HIM, what have they done for HIM lately. He's not completely above admitting mistakes, but he's a stubborn guy and does not back down from an argument easily, even when he's in the wrong. It usually takes some self reflection afterwards on his part before he can admit an error. 

Exploits: He is vain as hell. Buttering him up with compliments about his appearance will inflate his ego to dangerous proportions and make him much more likely to be persuaded to do something. Insulting his appearance is also a good way to get him angry real fast. He's obsessed with maintaining a youthful appearance despite his age, so calling him old is an especially sore spot for him. If he asks you how old he is, for the love of god guess low lol. 

2) God Modding / Stealing Thunder is a no no:  Assuming another characters actions, effortlessly countering anything and everything they do with fresh new abilities you pulled out of your ass, and other obtuse practices that can make even the most reasonable player call foul should be avoided. RPing is a practice in improvisation, and one of the chief rules of improv is roll with what the other person is doing. If you're fighting someone and they pulled a cool move, roll with that attack and reward them for the good post. If you do counter it, make sure you still make the other character feel like they are actually doing something. Good rule of thumb is decide the outcome of a physical fight in PM or OOC before it happens in the session proper. That way there are no hard feelings when one "wins" over the other. The importance of the fight is not winning after all, it is character interaction and relationship development. Arguments or other less combat oriented affairs are played more by ear and don't usually require the ooc/pm thing. 

3) Grammar, use it! It is quite difficult to roleplay when you cannot read another person's post. It doesn't need to be absolutely flawless all the time. Mistakes happen after all. However when the entirety of the post is rife with spelling errors, run on sentences, and other grammatical errors it can really hamper the experience. 

4) Mirror a post's effort: If someone put a lot of effort into a post, It can really disheartening when you only get a couple lines in response. Sometimes it can work, but for the most part try to mirror the post size and detail as much as possible. 

Thanks for the advice.

Still, I'm looking forward to when Will Guide has to reveal himself to their new Dragon ally.

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to The New Elements Of Harmony (Reboot) OOC

@WiiGuy2014 @Techno Universal

One thing I particularly dislike about extremely short posts is it gives very little context on where the characters are in relation to others. Where are your characters right now? What exactly are they doing? Can our characters see them? What exactly is going on? 

I legitimately am having a hard time deciphering any of it with how little information I have to work with. The most notable piece of information is Techno maybe had a swimsuit on at one point. 

@Buck Testa

You didn't read the posts that clearly said he was sent to the town square of Ponyville.

Besides if I wanted to be forced to make bigger posts, I would have played in the Advanced Roleplays where the minimum character count is larger. I don't want to repeat the current status of my OCs in every single post I'd do if not much has changed. I would sound like a broken record.

Besides, most of the time I'm doing this this through a phone where my typing and responses are much slower. Therefore, I WANT to keep my posts short and easy to follow.

9 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Buck Testa

You didn't read the posts that clearly said he was sent to the town square of Ponyville.

Besides if I wanted to be forced to make bigger posts, I would have played in the Advanced Roleplays where the minimum character count is larger. I don't want to repeat the current status of my OCs in every single post I'd do if not much has changed. I would sound like a broken record.

Besides, most of the time I'm doing this this through a phone where my typing and responses are much slower. Therefore, I WANT to keep my posts short and easy to follow.

Brevity has it's place to be sure, but what I'm asking is not unreasonable here. When your characters are quite literally shunting from one setting to another with very little in the ways of indicators as such, it WILL end up being confusing to outside people. You can emphasise where you are consistently without sounding like a broken record, but if writing that much is too cumbersome perhaps a title header over the post saying where they are may help out? 

Kind of like 

Ponyville: TownSquare 

That may keep things a bit more manageable. 

• Brohoof 1

@Buck Testa, please bear with us.  We can be quick and short at times, go a couple days between posts, etc.  and not the most formal of RP'ers, lol.  Just read through the story from the beginning.  You'll see that we muddle along somehow! :derp:

37 minutes ago, nx9100 said:

@Techno Universal, @Maple Bat, @WiiGuy2014, @Star48955, @Buck Testa

ok, so I've been watching the Matrix too much.  Sue me.

Here's the way I'm going to limit this.  Only Ennex can copy himself into another normal pony.  The copies canNOT copy themselves.  Changeling copies can copy themselves ONLY onto another changeling.

Okay, as long as I can keep control of the Restored Changelings Will has gathered in his cape, I'll be happy to play my part.

(Fair warning: I'm going to Disneyland for my parents anniversary today on November 3rd. Please be patient with me.)

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Okay, as long as I can keep control of the Restored Changelings Will has gathered in his cape, I'll be happy to play my part.

Actually, this can get Will more involved.  He'll have to work with the rebels to find a way to change back the changelings that Ennex copies himself into.  And @Techno Universal let's make that 'cure' something that takes a while to find/discover/work/etc.  no 'quick fix' ok?  gotta keep the story going!  :please:

24 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

(Fair warning: I'm going to Disneyland for my parents anniversary today on November 3rd. Please be patient with me.)

Have a good trip!  Ohh!  if your family orders the Photopass dvd, you gotta tell me!  I work at the company that makes the photo dvd's for Disney!  woot woot!

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, nx9100 said:

Actually, this can get Will more involved.  He'll have to work with the rebels to find a way to change back the changelings that Ennex copies himself into.  And @Techno Universal let's make that 'cure' something that takes a while to find/discover/work/etc.  no 'quick fix' ok?  gotta keep the story going!  :please:

Have a good trip!  Ohh!  if your family orders the Photopass dvd, you gotta tell me!  I work at the company that makes the photo dvd's for Disney!  woot woot!

Yeah it's like I already planned for it to take a while for Will's cape to reshape the changelings! :)

• Brohoof 1