Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your perfect sleeping conditions

• 5 months later...

Darkness. Complete and utter darkness. I think people really undervalue darkness. I can't sleep unless I'm either exhausted, or it's pitch black. You can guess which happens more often >W<

I'd want a really, really soft mattress. I've got a bad back, so it's a lot more comfortable when I don't have anything pushing against it.

And plushies. There must be plushies. A bed is not a bed without plushies.

The unrealistic? On a tiny cloud... with a certain Pegasus... under the light of the moon...

Seriously though, probably not far off. I have a pretty intense "one with nature" feeling, and while I'm not afraid of creepy crawlers and animals, I'm also not one to just pass out anywhere in the woods. There's just too many things that could happen. I'd love to fall asleep in one of the recliners out back, but we have bears, and raccoons, etc that regularly come in very close proximity, and I don't know how to do "the stare." Oh... we also have a LOT of mosquitoes. But to be able to have that ambience. To feel the wind blowing over me, and hear the sounds of the wild all around. Maybe thunder far off in the distance. That's sleeper's heaven for me. So if I could be just a bit higher than where everything usually scavenges, forages, and hunts? That's the best of both worlds, IMO. A few times I've thought of building a custom deck, sort of like a ranger's watchtower, for this very purpose.

• 1 month later...