Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do ya think the season 7 finale might be about?

FlareGun45

On 5/21/2017 at 7:01 PM, BadHorse said:

I'm guessing it'll have something to do with Chrysalis returning for revenge. Though, if the comic tie-ins are any indication it may have something to do with this guy:

59223773a930d_1427547__safe_artist-colon-tonyfleecs_spoiler-colon-comic_spoiler-colon-comic53_spoile-lon-s07_alicorn_idw_pony_spoiler_unknownpony_unknownspecies.png.b42ac0ba8b0e48d96b1e58dcb443fea4.png

Maybe a team up with Chrysalis with him inevitably hijacking the plot? 

Personally, all I want is another Twilight's Kingdom. I've been waiting almost 3 seasons to see it replicated, and this seems like the best chance of that happening.

Classic.

New villain: Rule number one, 'Queen' Chrysalis: Never trust anyone, especially me.

On 5/24/2017 at 3:03 PM, Daybreaker said:

I hope the mane 6 don't save Equestria again. We've seen enough of that already, I think it might have something to do with 'pony of shadows', Grogar, or maybe a new villain.

I really disagree with this line of thinking.

On 5/21/2017 at 6:49 PM, AJFan89 said:

Twilight stepping down as the central character and Starlight becoming the new central character, Twilight lack of appearances seem to show it and even when she did show, she doesn't really have a major role in it and also Starlight defeating Chrysalis once and for all, I don't think redeeming herself is an option.

You forgot A Flurry of Emotions.

4 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

Mindless action fluff, eh? What is your major malfunction? There exist some people who happen to like action and adventure, and we like our action and adventure with a slice of intelligent writing on the side. Mind-blowing, I know. Do you honestly think we aren't tired of the casual "MAJOR THREAT" routine that gets resolved in two episodes? And yet you chose to dishonestly portray our interest. Hmm, what should we do about this kerfuffle?

Okay, I guess I misunderstand what you're asking for. 

31 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

Classic.

New villain: Rule number one, 'Queen' Chrysalis: Never trust anyone, especially me.

I really disagree with this line of thinking.

You forgot A Flurry of Emotions.

That was just one episode, for most of the others, she was just a minor character.

5 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

Oh, wait. I just remembered that she had plenty of focus back in Celestial Advice.

Yeah, but not much after the first 3 episodes, besides, I'm enjoying the new era of the show rather than seeing the whole Mane 6 do this and that all the time.

• Brohoof 2

It's probably unlikely, but maybe Grogar showing up and capturing Starlight, and now Twilight has to save the day. (I just know the "I-don't-want-the-main-characters-to-be-the-main-characters" crowd is going to chew me out for this.)

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎24 at 3:21 PM, Ganondox said:

I just pretend Twilight suddenly got wings out of nowhere. :P 

In a way, she kind of did get them from out of nowhere as it all happened in a blinding flash of light.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

Okay, it's basically been confirmed now that the villain of the episode is the Pony of Shadows (who I'm guessing is that ancestor), and it's going to tie in with the Legends of Equestria series (I'm guessing he's the villain of the final comic in that series as well, also guessing the legends are ancestors of the mane six).

We know that Twi will fight the Pony of Shadows, so it's likely that he'll be the villain of the season, and Chrysy will attempt her revenge on Starlight in S8

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

We know that Twi will fight the Pony of Shadows, so it's likely that he'll be the villain of the season, and Chrysy will attempt her revenge on Starlight in S8

Or in "To Change a Changeling". I know it's kind of unlikely, but I wondered if the reason Trixie is coming along is because both her and Chrysalis are voiced by Kathleen Barr.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Philweasel said:

Or in "To Change a Changeling". I know it's kind of unlikely, but I wondered if the reason Trixie is coming along is because both her and Chrysalis are voiced by Kathleen Barr.

Like you wrote, unlikely, but I'm pretty sure Chrysy will pose as Trix as part of her revenge, being a perfect actor allusion 

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Like you wrote, unlikely, but I'm pretty sure Chrysy will pose as Trix as part of her revenge, being a perfect actor allusion 

Captures Trixie at the end, and we don't see what happens until season 8 would be one hell of a cliffhanger.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I'm so happy about that. Now hoping it will be the finale and not the premiere. :grin:

Just now, ryanmahaffe said:

Captures Trixie at the end, and we don't see what happens until season 8 would be one hell of a cliffhanger.

I don't know. Maybe, if they do it, they let it a secret and we will get bit by bit information about an intruder. :ooh:

9 hours ago, Philweasel said:

I just thing Trixie is going with Starlight to the changelings. If I where Hasbro I would make the return of Chrysalis so big as possible with a lot of merchendize. :orly:

1 minute ago, Hierok said:

I'm so happy about that. Now hoping it will be the finale and not the premiere. :grin:

I don't know. Maybe, if they do it, they let it a secret and we will get bit by bit information about an intruder. :ooh:

Im about to border on heavy speculation and fanfiction here, but I would like it if Chrysalis openly kidnaps Trixie, knowing that Starlight can easily find out, and in a rage, Starlight goes after her, alone, going with her gut, giving her a reason not to be in the finale and also being a huge mini build up to the next 2 parter after the finale.

I wish the show would do more buildup episodes,

Episode 16 seems like a subtle finale buildup with the legends and all. Obviously, season 4 had the keys thing, and for Starlight, the premiere was the buildup for the finale so you didn't really need it

Season 6 had The Times are a Changeling as a build up to To Where and Back Again

So seeing a build up episode like that but on a larger scale for a 2 parter that is still a season away would be...great I think.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, ryanmahaffe said:

Im about to border on heavy speculation and fanfiction here, but I would like it if Chrysalis openly kidnaps Trixie, knowing that Starlight can easily find out, and in a rage, Starlight goes after her, alone, going with her gut, giving her a reason not to be in the finale and also being a huge mini build up to the next 2 parter after the finale.

I wish the show would do more buildup episodes,

Hide contents

Episode 16 seems like a subtle finale buildup with the legends and all. Obviously, season 4 had the keys thing, and for Starlight, the premiere was the buildup for the finale so you didn't really need it

Season 6 had The Times are a Changeling as a build up to To Where and Back Again

So seeing a build up episode like that but on a larger scale for a 2 parter that is still a season away would be...great I think.

It depends what you want to do. If you give the watchers information the characters don't have, you can make it really fun to watch. But the reveal isn't that great. Otherwise you have a great reveal, but the rest of the season is less interesting. And if Starlight goes after Trixie, what would that accomplish. Don't you think the mane 6 are going with her? :ooh:

8 minutes ago, Hierok said:

It depends what you want to do. If you give the watchers information the characters don't have, you can make it really fun to watch. But the reveal isn't that great. Otherwise you have a great reveal, but the rest of the season is less interesting. And if Starlight goes after Trixie, what would that accomplish. Don't you think the mane 6 are going with her? :ooh:

Starlight can be very hot headed and not the best at thinking at a moments notice, Chrysalis would count on Starlight rushing after Trixie the second she gets captured, worried that she would be hurt by Chrysalis. Or hell, Chrysalis could pose as something less threatening so Starlight thinks she can handle the situation on her own, and rushes after Trxie anyway.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Hierok said:

I would be surprised if Chrysalis hasn't got problems of her own; Discord was really not happy about her actions, and her magical mcguffin of Discord Prevention is now toast so... yeah.

• Brohoof 1

Starlight can be very hot headed and not the best at thinking at a moments notice, Chrysalis would count on Starlight rushing after Trixie the second she gets captured, worried that she would be hurt by Chrysalis. Or hell, Chrysalis could pose as something less threatening so Starlight thinks she can handle the situation on her own, and rushes after Trxie anyway.

Yes, but if the mane 6 are with her, they are definitly coming with her and if she stays away for to long they are going to search for her. 

Just now, CypherHoof said:

I would be surprised if Chrysalis hasn't got problems of her own; Discord was really not happy about her actions, and her magical mcguffin of Discord Prevention is now toast so... yeah.

Yeah, but I think Discord will be sidelined again or some dumb mcguffin will make him useless...again

Discord being reformed was great and terrible

We get funny and amazing episodes like Discordant Harmony and Make New Friends... But he also can't really be useful in the 2 parters, Megham Mccarthy either subtly hinted that Discord lost to Tirek on purpose...or she nerfed the hell out of him

And when he does have a major role in a two parter, he can't use his god-like powers at all.

Yes, but if the mane 6 are with her, they are definitly coming with her and if she stays away for to long they are going to search for her. 

I was saying this under the hope that those two would be alone somewhere.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, CypherHoof said:

Yes, I think if Discord is going after her, she has little to no change.

I was saying this under the hope that those two would be alone somewhere.

Yeah, but that's why I said they are gonna look for her. 

4 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Yes, I think if Discord is going after her, she has little to no change.

Yeah, but that's why I said they are gonna look for her. 

I know lol, I was basically just saying how I would want the return of Chrysalis to go.

• Brohoof 1

I know lol, I was basically just saying how I would want the return of Chrysalis to go.

Oh sorry. :kindness: I only don't think it will work that easily. People are gonna look for the two and Chrysalis is not strong enough to fight a draconequues, an alicorn and the elements.

Oh sorry. :kindness: I only don't think it will work that easily. People are gonna look for the two and Chrysalis is not strong enough to fight a draconequues, an alicorn and the elements.

Depends on whos writing the episode? I am confident Meghan would find a way to make everyone not named Twilight lose in a single frame.

In all seriousness, finale is like a 90% chance to be written by Johanna Lewis and Kristen Songco, so that won't happen.

I still would like to see Chrysalis buildup soonish though. Even if it is not as major as that.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, ryanmahaffe said:

Depends on whos writing the episode? I am confident Meghan would find a way to make everyone not named Twilight lose in a single frame.

In all seriousness, finale is like a 90% chance to be written by Johanna Lewis and Kristen Songco, so that won't happen.

I still would like to see Chrysalis buildup soonish though. Even if it is not as major as that.

Writers are the true rulers of Equestria after all.

• Brohoof 1